Page 141 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 2220

I went with Hutson because he transformed the position. To me leaving him off is akin to leaving Washington off Mt. Rushmore.

But Carter, Brown, Largent, Swan, Harrison ... are all worthy.

Love that everyone is leaving TO off!
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-23-2019 at 11:10 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I went with Hutson because he transformed the position. To me leaving him off is akin to leaving Washington off Mt. Rushmore.

I also love that no one's listed Michael Irvin whom I despise because he played for Dallas.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I also love that no one's listed Michael Irvin whom I despise because he played for Dallas.
    Sonofabitch, I forgot about The Playmaker, I bought a pair of his Nike's back in 11th grade. Outside of Qunicy Carter (and that was just for S's and G's) 88 was on the last Cowboy team I gave a damn about. Sorry Swanny, he was before my time anyway.

Marvin Harrison, Rice, Moss, Michael Irvin
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Reports out that Steve Spagnulo is the favorite to replace Sutton as the DC of the Chiefs. He's worked with Reid before and the two share the same agent.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

My Big 4 currently -

Jerry Rice, Lynn Swann, Randy Moss, and Charlie Joiner (perhaps the first of the great slot receivers).
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Irvin came to mind right after I posted about Largent and then I thought .... nahhhh.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Sonofabitch, I forgot about The Playmaker, I bought a pair of his Nike's back in 11th grade. Outside of Qunicy Carter (and that was just for S's and G's) 88 was on the last Cowboy team I gave a damn about. Sorry Swanny, he was before my time anyway.

Marvin Harrison, Rice, Moss, Michael Irvin
    Oh, well, there goes the neighborhood.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Irvin ... hahaha!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

It appears the Chiefs have zeroed in on Steve Spagnuolo as the next Defensive Coordinator . Spagnuolo worked with Andy Reid in Philadelphia defensively and he is a former coordinator and head coach.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/01/23/st...oordinator-job
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    It appears the Chiefs have zeroed in on Steve Spagnuolo as the next Defensive Coordinator . Spagnuolo worked with Andy Reid in Philadelphia defensively and he is a former coordinator and head coach.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/01/23/st...oordinator-job
    That's a million times better than Rex Ryan, IMHO.

Not me. I'd go Owens, Rice, Moss, and Alworth.

That's a million times better than Rex Ryan, IMHO.
    Well beyond his run with the Jets and Bills as Head Coach where he was pretty much mocked for some things he did decision wise (and off the field) ; Ryan is a pretty solid defensive coach. His run with the Ravens as Defensive Line and later Defensive Coordinator was viewed as a big positive on how he got hired by the Jets.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Extraordinary Member

Jerry Rice (the greatest)

Randy Moss (the most talented)

Don Hutson (the pioneer)

Steve Largent (the trailblazer)

Moss had freakish talent but as Jerry Rice said years ago , had he fully dedicated himself...had he fully committed like he did....well Moss would have broken every WR record there was. That he would be considered the greatest.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Moss had freakish talent but as Jerry Rice said years ago , had he fully dedicated himself...had he fully committed like he did....well Moss would have broken every WR record there was. That he would be considered the greatest.
    Having Joe Montana, and then Steve Young, along with the quality organization of the 49ers would have helped too

Rice was in the perfect situation.