Page 145 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148 LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 2220

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I'm sorry but Tony Romo's "prediction" of the game is beyond stupid. He claims the score will be 24-28 and the team behind will lose on that final drive. Of course Romo won't reveal the winning and losing teams. He's gonna reveal it at end of game. Because ya know its easier to claim you knew X team was gonna win. Its silly and makes Romo look like an idiot , beyond his mic issues he had earlier.
    For all the talk about how good Romo was all season, I thought he was just TERRIBLE during the Super Bowl broadcast.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonmasterJim View Post
    I would say both offenses. defense is pretty strong. Brady especially looks horrid considering his Super Bowl experience.
    Yes, Brady did look bad tonight, other than the drive that ended up with Michel's TD. However, I think that had a lot to do with how well the Rams defense played. In fact, the defenses tonight were amazing.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Even if the talk the game is rigged etc and that the NFL wanted to set up this matchup for TV ratings etc. If that was the case then this was a massive backfire on them as the game was utterly boring as hell. So for you conspiracy minded folks , well ...least take heart this game was pretty boring.
    I don't think the game was boring. It was intense with every single play seemingly so deeply important. Of course, I like defensive football just as much as an offensive showcase.

Julian Edelman gets the Superbowl MVP. I thought it was gonna be a defender until I remembered they give those things to defensive players only slightly more often than Heisman trophies.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    All your Lombardis are belong to us.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

For all the talk about how good Romo was all season, I thought he was just TERRIBLE during the Super Bowl broadcast.
    Honestly he's never been good at announcing and its been 2 years.

I don't think the game was boring. It was intense with every single play seemingly so deeply important. Of course, I like defensive football just as much as an offensive showcase.
    I like defense as well...but not a game that is 3-3 by the 3rd quarter and QB's are throwing the ball behind guys , way in front etc. I mean the game was basically ... this...

1 . NE runs the balls decent awhile.

2. NE struggles to run awhile.

3. NE throws a few passes.

4. Brady struggles all night with bad passes.

5. Rams as an offense take the night off.

This was nearly every drive. With no change or anything.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

One final trivia note that I can't believe I missed - this game is that largest margin of victory the Pats have had in a Superbowl win. Seriously.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Rams bet the farm this year to score 3 points in the Super Bowl.

Enjoy the next 10 years in the cellar.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

The Rams are a young team. They have all their key offensive stars locked up to big deals in Gurley , Cooks and Goff. They have $34 million in cap space to sign Peters back as well. So the team is young and can let Suh go or bring him back for a reduced deal.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

Rams only scored three. They probably need to find an offensive wiz like McVay to fix that.

All things considered it is poetic that an absolute shitshow of a season with stupid offenses exploiting how lame the rules are ended in a defensive and special teams grind that was old school and about controlling the clock and field position

Fantastic Member

From some ESPN reporter: And 27 of the Rams' 60 plays went for zero or negative yards.
    I think that's insane. Gurley HAD to be hurt. He didn't do much of anything in the Super Bowl.

Rams tied for the lowest score ever in Super Bowl managing just 3 points.

In the last 8 quarters of play-off/Super Bowl time the Patriots have held the top two scoring teams in the NFL to 3 points in 6 quarters: Rams held to 3 and Chiefs held to zero in the first half.

It was probably key that the Patriots offense kept those defenses on the field tiring them out leaving them just vulnerable enough for the Patriots to win the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Julian Edelman gets the Superbowl MVP. I thought it was gonna be a defender until I remembered they give those things to defensive players only slightly more often than Heisman trophies.
    Yeah, for a defensive player to get MVP, he has to score on a Return TD in a game that doesn't have a huge offensive star, or has to force multiple turnovers through the course of the same game where there's a void for offensive stats.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

I'm sure Saints fans were thinking Drew Brees could've managed more than three points. Just saying.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Didn't even watch it till the end. One of most boring SB i have had the misfortune to watch.