Page 147 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148 LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 2220
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Yes, Brady did look bad tonight, other than the drive that ended up with Michel's TD. However, I think that had a lot to do with how well the Rams defense played. In fact, the defenses tonight were amazing.
    Exactly
    Both defenses greatly challenged the offenses which led the offenses to do poorly.
    It was mainly defensive battle, and the Patriots came on top.
    The Patriots made more plays including game winning drive.
    Tom Brady's usually engineers game winning drives in the 4th quarter.

I wish that the Patriots used White and Dorsett a lot more.

Patriots needs a big deep threat wide receiver that can spread the field

Patriots defense really made up for last year's Super Bowl!
    Last edited by Starrius; 02-05-2019 at 03:21 AM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KnockBlock View Post
    Another reason. The Patriots have played in the Super Bowl so much. People will get tired of the same thing all the time.

not me
    I am a New England Patriots fan since I rooted for them to beat the Pittsburgh Steelers in the AFC Championship game 17 years ago.
    I hope they play in a lot more Super Bowls.
    I am sure any fan of a particular team want their team to go to many Super Bowls no matter how much fans of opposing teams are tired of it
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonmasterJim View Post
    Guessing there are a lot of pissed off NFL fans right now : a low scoring game AND another New England victory.
    I am one very Patriots fan! )))

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Honestly its gonna be fun once the dynasty ends ; New England fans won't be able to complain logically that their team can't win a championship as times change. We will be like...well you went to 9 Super Bowls in 18 seasons. Its why fans really laugh at the 49ers fans who would complain over how bad the team got in 2000's. Because they couldn't handle the fall so well.

Brady won't play forever. He's got 2-3 seasons left. Belichick won't coach forever. The real test begins when those guys depart.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Brady won't play forever. He's got 2-3 seasons left. Belichick won't coach forever. The real test begins when those guys depart.
    I think it was you who said the main reason Brady lasted as long as he has is because he still has his legs (though it hasn't hurt that today's rules protect QB's like fine china). Once his knees go, he's done. As for Belichick, he'll be 67 by the time next season rolls around, so he won't be long for retirement. I've always been of the opinion that on the day Brady or Darth Hoodie calls it quits, the other will immediately follow suit.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I'm not rockin' with this narrative that it was a bad or dull Superbowl cause it's wasn't a 50-50 score. It was a great game and I hate the Pats. The shitty part was that after lighting it up for 80% of the season Goff looked like the guy Jeff Fisher said he was. Defensive football will always work for me, even got a missed field goal out of it. Atlanta SHOULD have crushed the Pats, Philly actually did beat them and the Rams only allowed Brady to score 13 points in a Superbowl. Even a Beastmode run away and we might be talking about Brady's second Superbowl era closer to Jim Kelly than Brady's 3-1 stab at it. Is what it is.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    I'm not rockin' with this narrative that it was a bad or dull Superbowl cause it's wasn't a 50-50 score. It was a great game and I hate the Pats. The shitty part was that after lighting it up for 80% of the season Goff looked like the guy Jeff Fisher said he was. Defensive football will always work for me, even got a missed field goal out of it. Atlanta SHOULD have crushed the Pats, Philly actually did beat them and the Rams only allowed Brady to score 13 points in a Superbowl. Even a Beastmode run away and we might be talking about Brady's second Superbowl era closer to Jim Kelly than Brady's 3-1 stab at it. Is what it is.
    If Andy Reid didn't have that brain fart in SB39 and played a slow down, keepaway game while BEHIND late in the fourth quarter (leading a confused Darth Hoodie to wonder aloud if the Pats were actually leading), the Eagles might well have beaten Brady twice. A decade and a half later and that STILL bugs the hell out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    If Andy Reid didn't have that brain fart in SB39 and played a slow down, keepaway game while BEHIND late in the fourth quarter (leading a confused Darth Hoodie to wonder aloud if the Pats were actually leading), the Eagles might well have beaten Brady twice. A decade and a half later and that STILL bugs the hell out of me.
    True. That was a GREAT NFC Championship game though (McNabb v. Vick if I remember, I still have it on VHS somewhere). I wonder would things have gone different for T.O. if he'd one that after his heroics in that game.
    You bet yer ass.

True. That was a GREAT NFC Championship game though (McNabb v. Vick if I remember, I still have it on VHS somewhere). I wonder would things have gone different for T.O. if he'd one that after his heroics in that game.
    No question T.O. would've been Super Bowl MVP if the Birds had won. Whether or not that would've negated the catfight between him and McNabb that followed in the offseason, your guess is as good as mine.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 02-05-2019 at 08:56 AM.

Take in mind that New England basically went into prevent defense that final drive and was giving the Rams the middle of the field and they still could barely drive down the field comically. They even missed a FG that was a given. People like defense sure , but they love when 2 teams show up and play. The Rams didn't and its what made the game look bad.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Take in mind that New England basically went into prevent defense that final drive and was giving the Rams the middle of the field and they still could barely drive down the field comically. They even missed a FG that was a given. People like defense sure , but they love when 2 teams show up and play. The Rams didn't and its what made the game look bad.
    Somewhere in America, Dee Ford was probably thinking: "If only I hadn't lined up offsides! The Chiefs would be Super Bowl champs!"

I suspect Patrick Mahomes would've scored a good deal more than just 13 points off the Rams' defense. Maybe we might've had another scoreboard busting shootout instead of Sunday's borefest. Maybe.

The Rams didn't and its what made the game look bad.
    The Rams offense. Wade's side of the ball, Donald, Suh and them guys did their part, NE defense put it on too but the goat in the bad sense was McVey and Goff.
    You bet yer ass.

Somewhere in America, Dee Ford was probably thinking: "If only I hadn't lined up offsides! The Chiefs would be Super Bowl champs!"

I suspect Patrick Mahomes would've scored a good deal more than just 13 points off the Rams' defense. Maybe we might've had another scoreboard busting shootout instead of Sunday's borefest. Maybe.

No idea , Mahomes would make adjustments at halftime as he brought up. He did admit they should have made adjustments sooner but he brought up how the team offensively would make that adjustment at halftime in each game. Offensively the Rams didn't do this and kept on with a game plan of , hey the defense is good enough and it only will go so far. Offense had to show back up.

Fantastic Member

Honestly its gonna be fun once the dynasty ends ; New England fans won't be able to complain logically that their team can't win a championship as times change. We will be like...well you went to 9 Super Bowls in 18 seasons. Its why fans really laugh at the 49ers fans who would complain over how bad the team got in 2000's. Because they couldn't handle the fall so well.

Some diehard football only fans might but this past 18 years starting with the Patriots has been a golden era in New England sports. The Red Sox have 3 WS championships, the Celtics and Bruins each added one. In addition, all franchises have had their down years but the Boston area has a lot of money and can get good players to the various teams. So if the Patriots falter, maybe even badly for years, there's all the other franchises to follow until the Patriots become relevant again.

I would suggest it's harder for fans of that have fewer options like maybe a Green Bay. Is there even another franchise in that area or is it just Packers and maybe a big local college? Kansas has the Royals but because they are a small market team they have trouble competing against the payrolls of the Yankees and Red Sox.

Extraordinary Member

There is a zero percent chance the Chiefs hold the Rams to 3. The Chiefs defense was trash and everyone knew that was going to bite them back eventually. Teams with that big of a flaw don’t win the Super Bowl.

The final 4 had the top 4 ranked offenses in the NFL

1. Chiefs
    2. Rams
    3. Saints
    4. Patriot

The lowest of the 4 won. Why? Because they were the only one with a top 10 defense