Page 3 of 148 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

My playoff picks, results, Super Bowl picks and the Super Bowl Winner.

AFC
    1.Patriots 12-4
    2.Titans 11-5
    3. Ravens 11-5
    4. Raiders 10-6
    5. Jaguars 10-6
    6. Steelers 10-6

NFC
    1.Vikings 12-4
    2.Rams 12-4
    3.Eagles 11-5
    4.Panthers 11-5
    5.Saints 10-6
    6.Cowboys 10-6

NFC Wildcard
    Panthers defeat the Saints
    Cowboys defeat the Eagles

NFC Divisional Round
    Vikings defeat the Cowboys
    Rams defeat the Panthers

NFC Championship Game
    Vikings defeat the Rams

AFC Wild Card
    Jaguars defeat the Raiders
    Ravens defeat the Steeler

AFC Divisional Round
    Jaguars defeat the Patriots
    Titans defeat the Ravens

AFC Championship Game
    Jaguars defeat the Titans

Super Bowl
    The Vikings win their 1st Super Bowl defeating the Jaguars that are making their debut Super Bowl appearance.

The Jaguars like the 2015 Broncos are carried by their ferocious defense to make the Super Bowl, and Bortles is able to be a game manager to help the Jaguars along with Fournette plays great so Bortles doesn't have to carry the team. Reasons why the Jaguars make it to the Super Bowl including defeating the Raiders, Patriots in a playoffs rematch in New England, and Titans all of which have better QBs than Bortles.

The Vikings after a frustrating disappointing underachieving season last season with a NFC Championship game they lost to the high flying Eagles they are able to advance to the Super Bowl this season as the number 1 seed with Cousins playing great with the best team he has been on, along with the Vikings great ferocious defense that creates turnovers and can score points from those turnovers.
    The Vikings seem similar to the 2011 Ravens that also had a frustrating loss in the 3rd round to the Patriots that were able to win a heart attack close afc championship game. The Ravens were able to rebound from that awful heartbreaking frustrating loss by advancing to the Super Bowl for the 2012 Season, and they defeated the 49ers winning the Super Bowl.
    I'm optimistic that like that Ravens team history will repeat itself this time with the Purple Vikings.

The Jaguars in their Super Bowl Debut play the Purple Vikings, 2 teams with Ferocious Great defenses in a excellent unforgettable close game that the Vikings are able to win because Bortles can't play effective for most of the game vs a Ferocious Vikings defense while Cousins is able to play effective outplaying Bortles, and leads the Vikings to their 1st Super Bowl win.
    The Vikings do have great odds to win the Super Bowl which is why my confidence is a 10 the highest it can be.

All I see is Eagles vs. Patriots again with a different result.

The Eagles are going to replace the Patriots, so get ready for an EVEN worse fan base at the top of the NFL for the next 4-6 years.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

This seems like a good place to archive my predictions/wild-ass guesses:

Playoff teams

AFC
    1. Patriots 12-4
    2. Chargers 11-5
    3. Chiefs 10-6
    4. Jaguars 10-6
    5. Colts 10-6
    6. Steelers 9-7

NFC
    1. Eagles 12-4
    2. Rams 12-4
    3. Packers 11-5
    4. Vikings 11-5
    5. Falcons 10-6
    6. 49ers 10-6

AFC Championship Game

Chargers - Patriots

NFC Championship Game

Vikings - Rams

Super Bowl

Rams - Chargers (LA Bowl!)

Rams win!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Another NFL season is nearly upon us, another season where I can puff out my chest and say with pride that I won't attend so much as ONE football game. In fact, I've never been to a football game in my entire life.

I mean, why would I go through all that hassle when I can kick back on my sofa in my climate controlled living room and watch the Eagles and the rest of the league on my 65 inch 4K HDTV which brings the game up close and personal with amazing clarity. On top of that, I don't have to deal with lengthy commutes to and from the stadium, overpriced food and, best of all....no long lines to use the bathroom! What could possibly be better?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I'm like you, I prefer to watch at home. Hell I don't even like going over friends' places for Super Bowl parties. I like the comfort of my place. That said I have been to games before, though.

In other news Earl Thomas ends his holdout with the 'hawks, but won't play Sunday in Denver.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-05-2018 at 03:12 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

My NFL All teams records predictions.

AFC South
    Titans 11-5
    Jaguars 10-6
    Texans 7-9
    Colts 6-10

AFC North

Ravens 11-5
    Steelers 10-6
    Bengals 6-10
    Browns 5-11

AFC West

Raiders 11-5
    Broncos 10-6
    Chargers 9-7

Chiefs 7-9

AFC East
    Patriots 12-4
    Bills 7-9
    Dolphins 6-10
    Jets 5-11

NFC North

Vikings 12-4
    Packers 10-6
    Lions 9-7
    Bears 6-10

NFC South 

Panthers 11-5
    Saints 10-6
    Falcons 9-7
    Bucs 7-9

NFC East
    Eagles 11-5
    Cowboys 10-6
    Giants 9-7
    Skins 9-7

NFC West

Rams 12-4
    49ers 7-9
    Seahawks 7-9

Cards 5-11

Last edited by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon; 09-06-2018 at 11:58 AM.

Here is a description for the Playoffs results.

NFC Wildcard
    Panthers defeat the Saints: The Panthers are able to get revenge at home vs the Saints in what is a high scoring game over 44 points combined, and Panthers defense bends but doesn't break.
    Cowboys defeat the Eagles: Zeke the Freak isn't contained running for more than 130 yards that makes the Eagles defense frustrated and tired, Prescott plays great in his 2nd playoffs game with the Cowboys winning a exciting close great playoffs game because Zeke not contained is to much for the Eagles to overcome.

NFC Divisional Round
    Vikings defeat the Cowboys: The Vikings ferocious defense forces Prescott to make mistakes by throwing ints, and Zeke is mostly contained. The Vikings defeat a outmanned Cowboys team that can't find the holes vs a great Vikings team, and it wouldn't astound me if this is same kind of blowout the last time the Vikings played the Cowboys in the Playoffs which was in the Farve era.
    Rams defeat the Panthers: The Rams great offense including Gurly runs roughshod vs the Panthers defense, the Panthers give up to many big plays which is why they lose to a great Rams team.

NFC Championship Game
    Vikings defeat the Rams: The Rams are able to keep up with the Vikings in a exciting great close game except the Vikings defense is able to create turnovers which is awful along with the Vikings making more big plays so could be similar to Saints Vikings 2nd round game last season except Rams not having to comeback from a big amount.

AFC Wild Card
    Jaguars defeat the Raiders: The Ferocious Jaguars defense gives them short fields that the Jaguars take advantage, the playoffs inexperience for Carr gets exposed and taken advantage of which is to much for the Home Raiders to overcome along with Fournette gets the big runs and running for over 110 yards.
    Ravens defeat the Steeler: In a Decent close game the Ravens defend when needed along with Flaccco plays effective that is needed to defeat the Steelers. The Ravens get the football late in 4th and are able to use that for a game winning drive in a tied game.

AFC Divisional Round
    Jaguars defeat the Patriots: The Jaguars play a full game in a close challenging game with their defense defending when needed including the 4th, and they score points when needed 1st and 2nd half. Fournette having a great game keeps the pressure off of Bortles of having to carry the team to victory. A game that resembles the 2017 Steelers Patriots game.
    Titans defeat the Ravens: The Ravens are unable to contain Henry along with big plays from Mariota throwing and running. As usual with these 2 teams a close exciting game with Flacco playing effective enough that the Ravens are in a close game except the whole flaws of not containing Henry and big plays from Mariota is to much for the Black Birds aka The Ravens to overcome.

AFC Championship Game
    Jaguars defeat the Titans
    It's a close game with Fournette not contained along with Bortles a game manager also the Jaguars defense is to much for Mariota and the Titans to overcome because of defending when needed which is why the Jaguars win on the road vs the Titans. The Jags finally break through to advance to their first Super Bowl.

poster_af648a8eeaf94bb79cb8a30ef424522f_69569034_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

It pains me that Colin Kaepernick and Eric Reed don't have a jobs in the NFL. There are absolute and total BUMS in starting QB positions all over and for NOBODY to have a spot for a QB that was a power outage away from WINNING a Superbowl only a few years ago is quite telling. And lest anybody have any lingering willfully uninformed qualms, former Officer Roy Oliver's murder conviction in the shooting of a black teen in Texas last year (Along with nearly a dozen other altercations where no accountability was shown) would be the actual reasons for the NFL player silent protests.

One of the last straws in forming a different outlook on the NFL product and some of it's fans as a whole. I also realize it maybe holding a larger part in the place in my life that it might should be as for a couple decades now. It's not just this one last thing either, **** has been ill since Goddell has became commish and I haven't been this put off since the lockout. This most latest slight over freezing out Kaep just made me realize how much the product has a hold on me and nothing but faith and family should have that type of presence. I mean I'd have a passing interest in a Thursday night game, in ugly assed color rush uniforms for a Browns/Phins game, GTFOH. It's going to be hard, I liken cutting out pro football all together to the quitting of a fucking street narcotic or smoking cigarettes. I won't be cold turkey but It's definitely going to be more of a side eye than all hands on deck. Haven't watched any pre-season so, baby steps.

I've really enjoyed chopping it up in this thread going on 10 years now, I don't really have another place on the interwebz to talk ball anymore. I remember when the first CBR NFL thread got going, (seems like back then we had a lot more Packer fans back when). Good times. Andrew Luck is back, hopefully Frankie Richt is FINALLY a good piece for the Colts as opposed to what usually comes from the Eagles to the Colts in the form of a warm back of crap. I'll be here time to time as my NFL rehab dictates. Anyway, good luck to all your teams. Except for the Tacks, filthy stinking Pats and the Bungles, I hate those guys.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

One: Musical guests for opening day is stupid as hell. Its cool football is back, but its not the Super Bowl.

Two: The music always sucks.

Three: Yes I'm turning into an old man.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

And the NFL season starts off... with a weather delay

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The start of the game has been delayed because of thunderstorms rolling through the Philadelphia area. Looks like kickoff will be around nine o’clock.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

First play of the game...a penalty....
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

BANNED

afc west
    oak
    lac
    kc
    den

afc east
    ne
    mia
    buf
    nyj

afc north
    pit
    bal
    cin
    cle

afc south
    jac
    tenn
    hou
    ind

nfc west
    ari
    lar
    sf
    sea

nfc east
    phil
    dal
    nyg
    wash

nfc north
    minn
    gb
    chi
    det

nfc south
    car
    no
    atl
    tb
    Last edited by Raiders; 09-06-2018 at 07:19 PM.

Flag fest just like the preseason so far. Not what people want to watch.

At least they aren't wearing color rush uniforms.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!