Page 45 of 148 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Brees is 103 yards from Manning now and needs 6 TD's to pass Manning as well for the record. Right now he's tied with Farve.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Looks like RB Jay Ajayi has been lost to the Eagles for the rest of the season due to an ACL injury. This must be heartbreaking for him since he won’t get to play before his homies over in London in three weeks. Meanwhile, the only healthy backs the Birds have are Wendell Smallwood and undrafted rookie Josh Adams, Corey Clement has been in and out from injury and Darren Sproles hasn’t played since week one, needless to say, this is not good. Time for GM Howie Roseman to call Pittsburgh about LeVeon Bell.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Congrats to Drew Brees. What a play to break the record. New Orleans needs to help get this guy another ring.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Brees wife and 4 kids are there waiting to see him do this. He's 35 yards away from Manning's record and BAM...he throws a long bomb for a TD to break the record ! He now has the most passing yards all-time. 71,968 career passing yards !

For a man who was gave up in San Diego all those seasons ago to seeing this. Drew Brees you win man , proving everyone wrong. The ball was taken over to David Baker and its going to Canton . Brees walks over and hugs all his kids and wife after it. Possibly the greatest Saints player that ever donned a uniform.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Peyton Manning filmed this funny spot giving Drew Brees props for breaking his passing yards record and his TD record soon.

It's embarrassing that Brees broke that record, and as his teammates celebrated with him, and the NFL aired an entire congratulations video to Brees for breaking the record...

The officials on the field flagged the Saints for "excessive celebration". On a play the league decided to celebrate with a commemorative video.

What a bunch of ***holes on that zebra crew.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

Congrats, Mr. Brees

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    It's embarrassing that Brees broke that record, and as his teammates celebrated with him, and the NFL aired an entire congratulations video to Brees for breaking the record...

The officials on the field flagged the Saints for "excessive celebration". On a play the league decided to celebrate with a commemorative video.

What a bunch of ***holes on that zebra crew.

Drew Brees beat Manning in a Super Bowl too.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Peyton Manning filmed this funny spot giving Drew Brees props for breaking his passing yards record and his TD record soon.

Heh! That was cool! Peyton's really reinvented himself as a deadpan funny guy.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Heh! That was cool! Peyton's really reinvented himself as a deadpan funny guy.
    His funniest thing was years ago on SNL....

I remember when my Dolphins passed on Brees for Dante Culpepper, cause Brees had a shoulder problem that could hurt his throwing.
    Top flight team management for those Phins.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Brees sneakily has a case for being better than Manning All Time

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I remember when my Dolphins passed on Brees for Dante Culpepper, cause Brees had a shoulder problem that could hurt his throwing.
    Top flight team management for those Phins.
    I remember this happening and it really was wild how things went with this. Brees had 2 teams **** him basically then over that shoulder.

- No one remembers but had Brees not gotten injured that playoff game ...he stays a Charger. He was working on a long term deal and the team was gonna trade Phillip Rivers that off-season. His new deal was days away but it was gonna be a long term deal to stay in San Diego. However in that playoff game he gets injured.

Marty Shottenheimer visited Brees and told him the team would stand by him. This likely caused the big friction between Marty and AJ Smith here that a year or two later led to his stupid firing and the downfall of the Chargers. Because Marty was being loyal and backing what the team claimed 1st that they would stand by Brees. But then questions arose over his shoulder and the team began to get scared.

They then told Brees he'd have to sign a prove it deal and possibly get a new contract after. Plans to trade Rivers was put on hold. Brees found this totally disrespectful because he was days away from a big contract and now the team weeks later was telling him , no ...no were too worried to sign you long term. Brees was a free agent and the Chargers themselves made no effort to even approach Brees in staying after he turned that down.

- Miami entered the scene as you posted in free agency and the medical staff for the Dolphins worried over his shoulder. But here is where it became a comedy act. The Dolphins medical team felt Culpepper's knee would hold up better and they recommended he be signed instead. Brees was hurt a lot by this move. He wanted to come to Miami 1st and play there.

In the end the Chargers and Dolphins watched a Hall of Fame QB end up elsewhere and its their own damn fault in a way.

I don't Think SD didn't excell because of the QB, Brees is better than Rivers, but he was still good enough to win with him if they had a better team.
    Miami OTOH could have used a top QB the last decade or so.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!