Page 50 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast

Gronk tossing Chiefs out of the club.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

KC with the huge stop.

FG for NE.

Now the Kid needs a TD or 8 point play.

Let's do this.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Mahomes with the huge TD!

Game over, the Old Man pulled it out.

Mahomes is legit.

I predict revenge in the playoffs.

Playoffs all-too-often are low-scoring defensive affairs. At the very least highly unlikely see this kind of gunslinging in the post-season outside of a Super Bowl. If we do get a rematch, advantage will still be with the Patriots.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-14-2018 at 08:39 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Playoffs all-too-often are low-scoring defensive affairs. At the very least highly unlikely see this kind of gunslinging in the post-season outside of a Super Bowl. If we do get a rematch, advantage will still be with the Patriots.
    Chiefs are getting a ton of guys back week 7 on on DEF.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The Chiefs defense is always gonna be the big issue. But it was nice to see Mahomes went arm to arm against Brady. I do remember Belichick leading up to this week spoke very highly of Mahomes saying how the kid reads so quick on things. That he's essentially a rookie QB and reading everything so good early. Plus he has a great arm and can put the ball all over the field and they'd have to defend the entire field literally.

Mahomes put them in position to win and its amazing again that he's essentially a rookie QB doing this. But that young defense is rebuilding and is an issue. Even when the team gets Houston and Berry back.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I do remember Belichick leading up to this week spoke very highly of Mahomes saying how the kid reads so quick on things. That he's essentially a rookie QB and reading everything so good early. Plus he has a great arm and can put the ball all over the field and they'd have to defend the entire field literally.
    Belichick says something glowing about every single opponent, even the Colts. While that doesn't discount what he said about Mahomes praising the opponent is a common thing for Belichick. I get the feeling he does it for a few reasons including some of the following: if his team loses it doesn't seem like he lost to a weaker or in some cases much weaker team, also it could be respect for the other team and the players there and maybe also to keep away from bulletin board material that could psych up the opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Chiefs are getting a ton of guys back week 7 on on DEF.
    We'll see how that affects things. But even when not depleted, there's still plenty of question marks there. They're not going to suddenly jump into "great" territory at least just getting Berry and Houston back.

That said there's question marks with NE's defense too. But when it comes playoff time I'll just always trust them more than I will trust KC. They have a play-making QB now but he's still essentially a rookie. People will ask "how long does that qualifier last?" Just with experience. He's passed all his tests so far. But there's still way more tests. Speaking of that, in the playoffs, a for-now hypothetical with these two teams facing off with similarly high powered offenses and similar bad-to-mediocre defenses, no way would I not bet on the dynasty with the HOF QB an the HOF HC over the inexperienced young QB, and notoriously bad playoff HC.

Doesn't mean they couldn't do it. Anything is possible once you're in, and they're getting in outside of some major collapse. In the event this particular matchup even occurs, of course. I just wouldn't bet on it yet.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-14-2018 at 11:32 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonmasterJim View Post
    Belichick says something glowing about every single opponent, even the Colts. While that doesn't discount what he said about Mahomes praising the opponent is a common thing for Belichick. I get the feeling he does it for a few reasons including some of the following: if his team loses it doesn't seem like he lost to a weaker or in some cases much weaker team, also it could be respect for the other team and the players there and maybe also to keep away from bulletin board material that could psych up the opponent.
    Well I agree in part that Belichick does avoid the material to pump up a team as we see. He does a good of that. He once comically complimented a punter because as some joked it was a team so bad the only player Belichick could compliment is a punter. In this though he really didn't have to discuss Mahomes or anyone really. The Chiefs were 5-0 and no need to really discuss what folks have been seeing for games.

He did bring up what we saw later in the game. Mahomes can go all over the field it seems at a heart beat.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Kansas City will win the rematch in January.
    The Redskins are still on top of the NFC East! The Cowboys saved their season by beating the Jaguars. The Falcons saved their season by beating the Bucs. The AFC South now has a three-way tie at 3-3. The teams that are 1-5 (Giants, Cardinals, Raiders and Colts) need to start thinking about draft position.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Is it too soon to predict which head coach will be a midseason casualty? I think Denver's Vance Joseph is on fairly shaky ground, at 2-4, the Broncos have looked less than stellar, and I read something that John Elway contemplated dumping Joseph after last season before reversing course. Denver is at hapless and horrible 1-5 Arizona Thursday night, and I'm sure the ratings for that stink bomb will be positively subterranean. If the Broncos lose to the bottom feeding Cardinals, I suspect Joseph will get the chop.

As for other candidates: Dan Quinn in Atlanta may have saved his job yesterday, if the Falcons had lost to Tampa and fell to 1-5, chances are he would've been axed. As for the five one win squads, Steve Wilks (Arizona), Frank Reich (Indianapolis) and Pat Shurmur (New York Giants) are all rookies and will more than likely be given the full season, then be put on roast next year if they stumble out of the gate; Mike Shanahan (San Francisco) has the excuse of not having Jimmy Grabass at quarterback after he was lost for the season due to injury; lastly, with a ten year contract in his back pocket, Chucky (Oakland) ain't going nowhere anytime soon.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 10-15-2018 at 09:50 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Yah, lots of folks are saying Oakland is the big disappointment in the AFC West, but not me. Its Denver.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Is it too soon to predict which head coach will be a midseason casualty? I think Denver's Vance Joseph is on fairly shaky ground, at 2-4, the Broncos have looked less than stellar, and I read something that John Elway contemplated dumping Joseph after last season before reversing course. Denver is at hapless and horrible 1-5 Arizona Thursday night, and I'm sure the ratings for that stink bomb will be positively subterranean. If the Broncos lose to the bottom feeding Cardinals, I suspect Joseph will get the chop.
    I'm kinda surprised both those teams are as bad as they are this year. I can see Denver changing things over Arizona first. Elway tends not to stew.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Yah, lots of folks are saying Oakland is the big disappointment in the AFC West, but not me. Its Denver.
    Well the team was loaded offensively and defensively and Gruden's made them a wreck. In fact I joked Gruden needed to trade more guys away. Well folks he's now looking to trade away Amari Cooper. You know ...their #1 WR and Karl Joseph (1st round 2016) at safety. Gruden claims he doesn't know where that came from but Jay Glazer is reporting that Gruden is likely shopping them both.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...g-amari-cooper