Page 51 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Yah, lots of folks are saying Oakland is the big disappointment in the AFC West, but not me. Its Denver.
    Well, Denver was already trending down where Oakland was supposedly only a good coach away from being a true contender. At least the division isn't where it was in 2008, where 8-8 was enough to win it.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Well, Denver was already trending down where Oakland was supposedly only a good coach away from being a true contender. At least the division isn't where it was in 2008, where 8-8 was enough to win it.
    Well, at this rate with the Raiders and Chargers stinking on wheat and the Chargers doing all they can to make it a semblance of a race, Andy Reid could have the division sewn up by Thanksgiving and coast the rest of the way.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, at this rate with the Raiders and Chargers stinking on wheat and the Chargers doing all they can to make it a semblance of a race, Andy Reid could have the division sewn up by Thanksgiving and coast the rest of the way.
    As long as the Chargers make the playoffs, that's all I care about. We can count on Reid fucking it up in the playoffs. You can set your watch to it.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The main different is that the people of Colorado have much higher expectations. The did actually win a Super Bowl fairly recently with alot of the same players who are still there. Oakland has been good on paper for a long time now, but has disappointed for a good 15 years in a row at this point.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Yeah Oakland is the bigger disappointment. At first glance you'd think Denver just because they have the vastly more recent history of success so their downfall is a bit jarring. But its been in the works. Bad drafts before this season in the Elway-era, then retaining the worst coach in the league...you could see this coming.

Speaking of the Chargers, they are playing better recently, if not living up to the lofty expectations before the season. And their schedule is cake the rest of the way. They might have something to say about everyone just outright assuming a post-season Chiefs/Patriots rematch. Hell quite a few AFC teams in fact who have a rep for coming on strong late. And I include NE in that. They're far from a lock to coast either. The AFC is pretty wide open to be on the receiving end of an NFC beatdown this year.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-15-2018 at 11:47 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The main different is that the people of Colorado have much higher expectations. The did actually win a Super Bowl fairly recently with alot of the same players who are still there. Oakland has been good on paper for a long time now, but has disappointed for a good 15 years in a row at this point.
    Outside Colorado the expectations for the Broncos were a bit lower than that. Yes, they won a Superbowl, but it was the swan song for an all time great at QB, and Denver has been fumbling the attempt at a replacement to where I think a mediocre QB would be an actual improvement. You don't typically go far without a good one, and even the Ravens team that gets held up as a counter-example got the best stretch of Dilfer's career when they won the Superbowl.

Well, not to backtrack my point, but I wasn't trying to reflect what the whole country thinks but rather talking about people who actually care - namely fans of each team. Expectations of the talking heads of sports, the casual fans, the Fantasy Football people - I honestly have no finger on those pulses, so will take your word for it.

As a former Raider fan, trust me they are well accustomed to disappointment dating back to around 1985 or so. Its culture. Just disappoint, baby. Broncos fans are kind of around 1994 in that track right now. They are still so hopeful, and so much more disappointed at each successive failure.

But its all subjective.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Just bad year for the Raider Nation, I’m sick of it.

Well, not to backtrack my point, but I wasn't trying to reflect what the whole country thinks but rather talking about people who actually care - namely fans of each team. Expectations of the talking heads of sports, the casual fans, the Fantasy Football people - I honestly have no finger on those pulses, so will take your word for it.

As a former Raider fan, trust me they are well accustomed to disappointment dating back to around 1985 or so. Its culture. Just disappoint, baby. Broncos fans are kind of around 1994 in that track right now. They are still so hopeful, and so much more disappointed at each successive failure.

But its all subjective.
    That's explains our disconnect - fans are the last people I tend to listen to when talking about their team unless I know the specific person is capable of overcoming their inherent bias. Even hometown media tends to have difficulty with that last one, or they overcompensate and are constantly negative. And haters aren't people I tend to listen to either - they typically have even less ability to think without bias than the most hardcore of fans.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

NFL News --

- Seahawks owner and former Microsoft guy Paul Allen has passed away at age 65. The league has responded to his death. Players and coaches ; former Seahawks n current as well as even Mark Cuban chimed in to give condolences to Allen and what a nice guy he was.

- Josh Allen who was injured yesterday in a game is week to week with an injured elbow.

- New England has sent a terrible fan a letter that he no longer is welcome to attend games at the stadium after he threw beer at Tyreek Hill on a 75 yard TD he caught on Monday. Hill who went coast to coast in that had his momentum carry him to the fence outta the endzone as he stopped. Its there some fans gave him the finger and one threw the beer. New England was not happy about this situation and Hill to his credit ignored this fan.

- The Raiders have gave a price for Cooper as they want a 1st round pick for the WR. Its said this maybe hard to see here but the Raiders have til October 30th to make a deal for Cooper.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Just bad year for the Raider Nation, I’m sick of it.
    You are suffering from Gruden-it is. It's curable if you cut it out completely ASAP.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    You are suffering from Gruden-it is. It's curable if you cut it out completely ASAP.
    Of course not til he trades Cooper and lets Carr go after the 2018.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

This CJ Beathard is really putting on a show out there. The 49ers gotta be impressed at how well he's running this offense. I know Jimmy's the guy if he can stay healthy but beyond some drops by his WR's , Beathard would be perfect on this drive and possibly someone you trade later for a high draft pick if this keeps up. They are leading the Packers 27-23 right now.

Beathard's only mistake of the night is throwing a deep bomb that gets picked off around the 20 yard line. With a minute , Rodgers showcases who he is and with a bad knee ...scrambles for 20+ yards. He makes a key throw and sets up Mason Crosby's game winning FG. This after last week where he missed a number of FG's . This was a nice return for him to get that.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    NFL News --

- New England has sent a terrible fan a letter that he no longer is welcome to attend games at the stadium after he threw beer at Tyreek Hill on a 75 yard TD he caught on Monday. Hill who went coast to coast in that had his momentum carry him to the fence outta the endzone as he stopped. Its there some fans gave him the finger and one threw the beer. New England was not happy about this situation and Hill to his credit ignored this fan.

On break at work I caught a mention that Hill wants the fan prosecuted from ESPN. Unsure if anything will come of it.