Page 58 of 148 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    After this latest incident, Kelly completed the infamous trifecta of having been thrown off teams in high school, in college and the NFL. Suffice it to say, this kid will never step foot on another football field.
    He's white and he's got some football pedigree. He'll find another gig.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    They could've signed Kaep. He's better than both Carr and Blake.
    Exactly. Kinda how I put it to our resident NFL Wiki guy SUPER. He told me John Elway knows what he's doing. All I know is nobody ever had to beat the hell out of Kaepernick with a vacuum to get him out of a house he's never been in.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    He's looking at veteran QB's possibly. He already has Keenum gonna be the starter for now. He promoted the kid below Lynch to #2. Its not like he's having an emergency right now that he needs a big time veteran QB. He could honestly trade a late round pick for Teddy Bridgewater if he does cut Lynch. But again its not like Elway is operating under an emergency here to bring in a QB , any QB. (He could very well go with who he has and it means keeping Lynch at #3)

So no...he does NOT NEED KAEP RIGHT NOW. He's not in a position where his QB is injured as a starter and no backups.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    He's white and he's got some football pedigree. He'll find another gig.
    Maybe in Canada or Vince McMahon's soon to be regurgitated XFL, otherwise, I'm not seeing it.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Is Kaep officially still looking for a job as a QB? Setting aside the pariah thing and the lawsuit - it seems as if he is doing ok with a second career now.

Really a shame how that all went down. I was a big fan of Kaep at one time, and have a feeling he could really have done well again for the right system and the right coach.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

[FONT=georgia]He's white and he's got some football pedigree. He'll find another gig
    I guess he could become a male cheerleader for the Baltimore Ravens.
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Is Kaep officially still looking for a job as a QB? Setting aside the pariah thing and the lawsuit - it seems as if he is doing ok with a second career now.

Really a shame how that all went down. I was a big fan of Kaep at one time, and have a feeling he could really have done well again for the right system and the right coach.
    I think Kaepernick has given up looking. My guess is he's accepted the hard truth that he's been unofficially blackballed by the league. Yeah, I agree there might have been a head coach or offensive coordinator who could've molded him into a competent passer, too bad we'll never find out as his career is effectively over. Hell, for all we know, Kaep probably isn't even allowed to step foot inside an NFL stadium, never mind on a field.

After this latest incident, Kelly completed the infamous trifecta of having been thrown off teams in high school, in college and the NFL. Suffice it to say, this kid will never step foot on another football field.
    Not even Lawrence Phillips or Maurice Clarett could pull that off.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Not even Lawrence Phillips or Maurice Clarett could pull that off.
    Yeah, if you're gonna be an assclown, then, by god, don't go halfway, be the freaking best!

Rae Carruth got out of prison this week.
    You bet yer ass.

Rae Carruth got out of prison this week.
    I feel more comfortable saying, "F*** Rae Carruth" then I do any other former player. For all the reasons. He served a lot of time, but to have the audacity to want custody of the kid who was still inside his mother when Carruth put a hit out on her?

Again, F*** Rae Carruth.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I feel more comfortable saying, "F*** Rae Carruth" then I do any other former player. For all the reasons. He served a lot of time, but to have the audacity to want custody of the kid who was still inside his mother when Carruth put a hit out on her?

Again, F*** Rae Carruth.
    Yea, he served 19 years. IDK, seems like a whole hell of a lot of time off for good behavior for what he did. There are guys from his same county and state with dope convictions that served more time.
    You bet yer ass.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    They could've signed Kaep. He's better than both Carr and Blake.
    I'd think he's about even with Carr really given how things went career wise. Everyone points to Kaepernick's rise yet downgrades the downfall that led him to nearly being traded by the 49ers one off-season after 2 years of struggling. Bortles has struggled for longer and yeah he'd be an upgrade.

Beyond the Broncos knowing this , no one here ever mentioned Chad Kelly's past or this. I'm sure we'd all have said ...best not draft him or best not start him.

[FONT=georgia]

Exactly. Kinda how I put it to our resident NFL Wiki guy SUPER. He told me John Elway knows what he's doing. All I know is nobody ever had to beat the hell out of Kaepernick with a vacuum to get him out of a house he's never been in.
    How many knew Kelly's past really ? I didn't see you or anyone post about him being kicked off HS and College teams before this. And the fact still remains he can actually go out and get a veteran to be the backup QB right now like Bridgewater. He tried to trade for Kaepernick 2+ seasons ago ...and this is off a Super Bowl . People keep forgetting this fact ; Kaepernick was asked to do a trade ...he refused because he would not take a pay cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post

He struggled for 2+ seasons as we saw after his big run there. Sure he may have been able to save his career possibly. But he kinda hurt himself with the refusal to go to the Broncos that off-season if anyone remembers. Yet somehow , people keep proclaiming how Elway is supposed to go again to him and convince him to come play after the 1st time he refused. And this is 2+ years after a Super Bowl.

Can he still play ? Sure I'm sure he can. Will he be able to regain his career ? Who knows....no one really knows how he'll do to rebound and how he'll learn said system. Right now the Broncos have Keenum and Hogan....they can go out look at the wire for a veteran or trade again.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Deshaun Watson has a career night, throwing five TD's in a 42-23 Texans romp over Miami last night.

Eight NFL trades that could turn contenders into champions

--WR Emmanuel Sanders to the Panthers

--QB Teddy Bridgewater to the Jaguars

--CB Chris Harris, Jr. to the Patriots

--CB Patrick Peterson to the Chiefs

--WR Demaryius Thomas to the Dolphins

--RB David Johnson to the Eagles

--S Karl Joseph to the Falcons

--OLB Haason Reddick to the Saints

Could any of these trades actually happen? Who knows, but it'll make for interesting water cooler talk as next Tuesday's trade deadline draws closer.

Fantastic Member

Eight NFL trades that could turn contenders into champions

--WR Emmanuel Sanders to the Panthers

--QB Teddy Bridgewater to the Jaguars

--CB Chris Harris, Jr. to the Patriots

--CB Patrick Peterson to the Chiefs

--WR Demaryius Thomas to the Dolphins

--RB David Johnson to the Eagles

--S Karl Joseph to the Falcons

--OLB Haason Reddick to the Saints

Could any of these trades actually happen? Who knows, but it'll make for interesting water cooler talk as next Tuesday's trade deadline draws closer.
    The offensive players suggested in this post would make a bigger impact than most of the defensive players. I say this because the rules are geared towards high scoring games and rules keep being dumped on the defensive side of the ball rather than the offensive side. NFL defense these days seems more about having players that can create a turnover because good offenses often put up big numbers against good defenses.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    How many knew Kelly's past really ? I didn't see you or anyone post about him being kicked off...

Kelly being an ******* is just icing on the blackballed cake baked for Kaep, also aside from the point. Elway knew about Chad as it's Elway's job to kow these things and his uncle for sho knew about his nephew's issues even if you didn't. Yet Elway would rather sign an ******* and most likely feel he'd need to hedge that bet with other equally bad signings and understand Denver will possibly loose with bad QB play than adequately pay for Kaep who nearly won the Superbowl at the time of those talks. Elway would rather loose with these bad signings than pay a guy who would have kept them atop the AFC. Elway is in the HOF as a Quarterback. It's one thing to not be able to find guys as a GM, it's another to snub one who played the same position, then lie about when and where he would have signed the best QB he's had since Manning. **** Chad Kelly, even if he didn't have to get his ass beat with a vacuum hose in a strangers house, he'd still be a bum of a QB, like Osweiler and like every other Bronco signal callers since Manning left. Also like a half dozen other bum signal callers keeping jobs in the league. Why you got the cape on for Elway over his job anyway, ain't you a Chiefs fan? Don't answer that.
    You bet yer ass.