Page 77 of 148 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 2220

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Not really , they are 3-4 games back and unless the Redskins , Cowboys and Eagles all lay a duck completely they seem outta it. Its said Shurmer told Eli that he had to win this one or ...well the talk is he'd turn the over over to someone else at QB for awhile.
    I was being sarcastic.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Are the Bengals trying to get Marvin Lewis fired?
    That is umpossible. Mike Brown loves Marvin Lewis and that's all that matters. Take away winning and Marvin Lewis is the Belichick of the midwest, complete with his own coaching tree at this point. He's even got a coach to leave, fail and come back in Hue.

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

My prediction the Titans make a impressive terrific statement defeating the Patriots in a exciting wonderful unforgettable dramatic close game 28-21, the Titans win TOP mostly with Mariota throwing the football, Mariota runs when needed, also Henry and Lewis are a 2 headed Monster that combine for more than 120 yards running, the Titans play a full great game, Mariota runs for a touchdown, Mariota passes 2 touchdowns, and Henry runs for a touchdown.

The Titans mostly proved my prediction right and in other ways was better than my perdition including the score.

The Titans made a impressive terrific statement by defeating the Patriots in a exciting unforgettable dramatic close game which was close till it became a laugher in the 2nd half and made awful with Titans long drive that finished with Henry easily ran for his 2nd td.
    Titans did win TOP which was mostly because of Mariota throwing the ball, he ran when he had to, Henry and Lewis were a 2 headed monster while they didn't combine for over 120 yards still both combined for 115 yards which was terrific, Henry did better than I predicted ran for 2 touchdowns no sweat no 1 touchdown, Mariota didn't run for 1 touchdown instead 0 so wrong for that 1, right about Mariota throwing 2 touchdowns both that were terrific, the Titans did play a full great game which is exactly why they scored first and always lead after scoring first in this game.

Not the 28-21 high scoring game I predicted with the Titans instead damn better because without sweating and without a challenge since Patriots never lead in this game, and were outplayed for the entire game winning in a game that became bad in the first half, then become dreadful in the 2nd half with the worst being Titans scoring 4th touchdown the soul crusher to make the score 34-10.

The Patriots gave the hell up and quit after being frustrated, embarrassed, scorched, dominated, demoralized, and steamrolled by the Titans since Hoyer was used after the Titans scored their fourth touchdown to make the score 34-10 in the 4th.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    That is umpossible. Mike Brown loves Marvin Lewis and that's all that matters. Take away winning and Marvin Lewis is the Belichick of the midwest, complete with his own coaching tree at this point. He's even got a coach to leave, fail and come back in Hue.

If it wasn't for Darth Hoodie and Andy Reid, Marvin Lewis would be the longest tenured active head coach in the NFL, and he's only made the playoffs six times during his 16 years on the sidelines with an 0-6 record. Anyone else wouldn't have lasted half as long, hell, Reid made it to a Super Bowl and STILL got the gate from Philly when it was clear his time here was over. I look at Lewis and wonder if he's got dirty pictures of Mike Brown in a menage a trois with Betty White and an alpaca.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    If it wasn't for Darth Hoodie and Andy Reid, Marvin Lewis would be the longest tenured active head coach in the NFL, and he's only made the playoffs six times during his 16 years on the sidelines with an 0-6 record. Anyone else wouldn't have lasted half as long, hell, Reid made it to a Super Bowl and STILL got the gate from Philly when it was clear his time here was over. I look at Lewis and wonder if he's got dirty pictures of Mike Brown in a menage a trois with Betty White and an alpaca.
    Mike Brown can't find a coach who can guide the Bengals to mediocrity and yet work for him for less.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Mike Brown can't find a coach who can guide the Bengals to mediocrity and yet work for him for less.

The closest it came was when Lewis was gonna leave for a front office job last year and Brown got worried. Look back at the years after Sam Wyche left the Bengals for how bad it was and I can see why Brown is scared to let Lewis go. Here was the coaches records...

Dave Shula : 1992 - 1996
    19 Wins 52 Losses

Bruce Coslet : 1996 - 2000

21 Wins 39 Losses

Dick LeBeau : 2000 - 2002

12 Wins 33 Losses

Brown is worried that things will go back to that decade stretch basically.

Also here is what is scary , the best coach with a .500+ record to coach the Bengals besides Marvin Lewis stretches back to Forrest Gregg in 1980's. Only 3 coaches in Bengals history have a .500 record winning wise. Bill Johnson , Gregg and Marvin Lewis.
    Last edited by SUPERECWFAN1; 11-13-2018 at 02:35 PM.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

So the deadline passed and Le'Veon Bell did not report and will not play this season.

Speaking of not playing, there are reports that the Chiefs and Rams players are talking about not playing the game in Mexico City next Monday due to horrific field conditions and worries about potential injuries because of it, and want the game moved to Los Angeles.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

The NFL recently launched a partnership with Fortnite. It's going about as well I expected:

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    So the deadline passed and Le'Veon Bell did not report and will not play this season.

Speaking of not playing, there are reports that the Chiefs and Rams players are talking about not playing the game in Mexico City next Monday due to horrific field conditions and worries about potential injuries because of it, and want the game moved to Los Angeles.

-M
    According to Bleacher Report, that game has indeed been moved to L.A. due to that shitty field. Now all the Rams and Chiefs have to worry about is poor air condition what with the wildfires still a monstrous problem.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

According to Bleacher Report, that game has indeed been moved to L.A. due to that shitty field. Now all the Rams and Chiefs have to worry about is poor air condition what with the wildfires still a monstrous problem.
    At least when they play in February it'll be in a dome.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

ESPN is confirming the game has indeed been moved to LA.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

I can see why Bell decided against signing the tender as it was said had he signed ; the Steelers could put him in the same exact position next year and he decided that they weren't gonna control him like that. A RB's life is short in the NFL...many don't stay as effective past 30 and few can last that far. So for Bell he knew he has 1 big pay day and needs that before his time clock punches out due to use.

Of course this 1 year layoff may effect him a lot. Its 1 year from any real contact in a game , 1 year from real game time. So it could play a big part when he goes to sign a mega deal soon. (Remember Mike Williams drafted by the Lions who took a year off from college due to NCAA ? He was never the same).

So we will have to wait and see what Bell is like in 2019.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

On a recent youtube video , they discussed the most violent NFL game in NFL history and well...many point to this one from 1984 between the Bears and Raiders. How violent was it ? Well 3 QB's got hurt with injuries like a concussion , broken thumb , lacerated kidney and one had his knee blown out by a hit.

https://deadspin.com/what-it-was-lik...e-e-1478281685

Its said the game was so bad that the emergency QB was punter Ray Guy who who refused to go in due to how violent the game was.

Here I am with weekly predictions. Yahoo says I am up to 68% correct on my predictions. I got Tennessee's big win over New England right last week.

All 4-5 teams playing at home will win.
    Seahawks over Packers
    Falcons over Cowboys
    Colts over Titans
    Ravens over Bengals

Two 3-6 teams will lose at home to better teams.
    Panthers over Lions
    Steelers over Jaguars- Steelers avenge playoff loss

Two crapfests
    Giants over Bucs- Giants win two in a row, both teams go 3-7
    Raiders over Cardinals- both teams go 2-8

The biggest games
    Rams over Chiefs- The Rams will win because the game is in Los Angeles. If the Chiefs lose to the Rams, and the Rams lost to the Saints, then the Saints are the best team in the NFL.
    Texans over Redskins- two division leaders clash. The Texans had a week off to prepare and have a six-game winning streak. They also need the game more to stay ahead of the Titans.
    Bears over Vikings- The Bears win at home to stay ahead in the NFC North.

The rest
    Chargers over Broncos- the Chargers tie the Chiefs
    Saints over Eagles- The Eagles have no secondary to stop the Saints
    Last edited by Witchfan; 11-14-2018 at 10:09 AM.

The pettiness between the team mates of Bell has really reached a silly point where they raided his locker and took what was there among themselves. It showed a real silliness to not understand why a guy wanted a long term deal for playing. It was one of those ...really ?

In all yes you can be hurt Bell isn't there to play. But as a player you have to understand that he wants paid and knows he could get hurt on the field like Earl Thomas was. And unlike Thomas , Bell stayed silent at home. He didn't come to work , refuse to practice and then flip you off as he got injured. No , he chose to not show up and realized he could lose a huge pay day doing that.

But once these players themselves demand huge pay days and the Steelers tag and refuse to work deals for them , they will see what Bell went through.