Page 80 of 148 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 2220
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    NFL Tidbits thus far...

- Lamar Jackson won his 1st start and basically the Ravens let Jackson run the ball for over 100+ yards today against the Bengals.

-
    27 carries by a QB is a recipe for a QB to have a short career in the NFL.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Things aren’t looking good for my Eagles as they’re down 10-0 to the Saints after the first quarter. Oh, yeah, we lost yet another defensive back after rookie Avonte Maddox hurt his knee.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Looked like a good ol' Tacks at Colts game to me. On the day #87 Reggie Wayne goes into the Colts Ring of Honor, he's my favorite Colt ever.

Whole lotta teams at 6-4, and 5-5. Cream is still rising among the 2,3 loss teams but looks like some pride is kicking in at New Orleans, Eagles score and have a good stop in the second.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Saints 38, Eagles 7, three plus minutes left in the third quarter. At what point does Doug Peterson waive the white flag and pull Carson Wentz so he doesn’t get killed?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

NFL Tidbits....

- Things got worse for Washington as people believed Alex Smith suffered an ankle injury. Well its worse than that...he suffered a broken leg in that loss today and is out for the season. Smith will have surgery right away from what Jay Gruden has said. Colt McCoy now becomes the starting QB moving forward.

- Adrian Peterson's next 1 yard gain will be special. It will be his 13,000th career rushing yard. He ended today's game with 12,999 yards rushing career wise.

- The Steelers Antonio Brown passed Stanley Morgan for 38th career all-time in receiving yards today.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

God we bled to win this one lol

The Cards pretty much gift wrapped this one too us
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Saints 48, Eagles 7. The season is over for the Birds. At 4-6, they’re only one game ahead of the goddamn Giants whom they play next and could well lose to after what I watched today.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Saints 48, Eagles 7. The season is over for the Birds. At 4-6, they’re only one game ahead of the goddamn Giants whom they play next and could well lose to after what I watched today.
    Well Alex Smith is out now for the season , Dallas is very insane with one week they play great and the next they don't. Its not over for the Eagles yet due to those 2 teams.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Well Alex Smith is out now for the season , Dallas is very insane with one week they play great and the next they don't. Its not over for the Eagles yet due to those 2 teams.
    I’m not sold. At the very least, the Birds will have to go 5-1, if not run the table to win the division, damn hard to do when they haven’t won so much as TWO straight all season long. Yes, I know Washington is down to Colt McCoy at quarterback and Dallas is more up and down than an elevator, but the Birds are a battered, beat up mess (especially in the secondary) that looks done.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I’m not sold. At the very least, the Birds will have to go 5-1, if not run the table to win the division, damn hard to do when they haven’t won so much as TWO straight all season long. Yes, I know Washington is down to Colt McCoy at quarterback and Dallas is more up and down than an elevator, but the Birds are a battered, beat up mess (especially in the secondary) that looks done.

It surprises me given that the Eagles had issues in secondary before the rash of injuries why they didn't jump ahead of the Rams this off-season to get Marcus Peters from KC. I mean Pederson was in Kansas City and knew Peters there. Also it would have kept the Rams from gaining even more power . I'm shocked the Eagles didn't race to throw an early draft pick at KC for Peters and help that area.

It surprises me given that the Eagles had issues in secondary before the rash of injuries why they didn't jump ahead of the Rams this off-season to get Marcus Peters from KC. I mean Pederson was in Kansas City and knew Peters there. Also it would have kept the Rams from gaining even more power . I'm shocked the Eagles didn't race to throw an early draft pick at KC for Peters and help that area.
    In hindsight, I’ve wondered about that myself. Perhaps the Birds thought they didn’t need secondary help as everyone was healthy going into the season. Well, that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it.

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonmasterJim View Post
    27 carries by a QB is a recipe for a QB to have a short career in the NFL.
    After what happened to Smith today , the Ravens will have to watch his carries and make sure to not do this. They can't have the QB rush near 30 times in a game because its not good. Even Newton doesn't get that many carries.

NFL Tidbits....

- Things got worse for Washington as people believed Alex Smith suffered an ankle injury. Well its worse than that...he suffered a broken leg in that loss today and is out for the season. Smith will have surgery right away from what Jay Gruden has said. Colt McCoy now becomes the starting QB moving forward.
    Kinda makes the NFC East wide open.
    Washington at 6-4 but without a quality QB, and their only bonafide threat being an aged AP.
    Dallas at 5-5 and discussing firing their coach every few weeks.
    Eagles at 4-6 with a Super Bowl hangover, having all the parts they should need.
    Giants somehow not eliminated at 3-7. Watch Eli start a win streak and they win this division at 8-8 or 9-7.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    God we bled to win this one lol

The Cards pretty much gift wrapped this one too us
    Someone should slap the s*** out of Jermaine Gresham for turning what should have been a simple, "Get a 1st down, then go to victory formation" into a personal foul that stopped the clock, and turned a 2nd and 5 into a 2nd and 20.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

The Eagles can still win their division, but the next game against the Giants is an absolute must-win.
    Dallas might have the edge in the division now. They will probably be favored against the Redskins next week.
    There is a 5-way tie in the AFC at 5-5 for the second wild card.
    Oakland won its second game over Arizona. Arizona's two wins were against San Francisco. San Francisco's second win was over Oakland. I believe Oakland still has the first pick in the draft.
    Carolina is 6-4 but doesn't look any better than a 4-6 team. There is no certainty that they make the playoffs. Atlanta is 4-6 but only two games out of the wild card.
    The Chargers blew their chance to tie the Chiefs if the Chiefs lose tomorrow night. The Chiefs can now afford to lose to the Rams.
    The Texans have won seven straight and don't have a team left on their schedule with a record better than 5-5. Their three division games are at home. They might run the table.
    The Bears won and are now the third best team in the NFC. They have only two teams left on their schedule with a winning record.
    Last edited by Witchfan; 11-18-2018 at 09:32 PM.