Page 89 of 148 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 2220
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I'm mildly surprised you're victim blaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Video changes everything. We saw this with the Ray Rice situation. No one cared until the video of the assault leaked. So it doesn't matter if it was dealt with by the team back in August. There's now video footage of him assaulting a woman for all the public to see. That's his ass.

Word around the league is that he's likely going on the Commissioner's Exempt List.

If you read the article...this part here seems to be backing up what Hunt's friend has claimed....

Rayshawn Watkins, Hunt’s friend, friend told police that the accuser began calling both him and Hunt the “N-word” after the two were asked to leave the room once they found out both women were 19 years old. The two then pounded on the door of the apartment “about 20 times,” Watkins told police.

Cuyahoga County Prosecutor’s Office spokesperson Ryan Miday told USA TODAY Sports that the office – which typically only handles felony cases – is not currently pursuing charges against Hunt. A search of the Cleveland Municipal Court online database does not show any pending case involving Hunt.
    So they came to his residence and this happened as well as the fact Hunt asked both to leave.

Again I agreed Hunt should never have assaulted the woman. I don't however feel for the woman involved as she came to his residence , refused to leave , assaulted him 1st and then hurled racial insults as both did.
    Last edited by SUPERECWFAN1; 11-30-2018 at 06:22 PM.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Its a he-said she-said right now, but even if that account ends up true, which certainly isn't outside the realm of possibility, It just doesn't help anything. To be calm and collected at first is all well and good, but you have to compose yourself throughout. Being composed to start, but then losing it doesn't count. He doesn't get points for that. Easier said than done? I really don't think so. You just get security. Yell some choice words in her direction to let out some of that anger. But don't lay your hands on her. And if anything the age reveal will probably hurt him even more. A grown ass man, pro football player to boot, shoving then kicking a 19 year old girl. Even if she was being unruly to start and throwing out racial epithets, it doesn't make that look any better.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 11-30-2018 at 06:50 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

KC just gave Kareem the boot
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

From what was in tge NFL.com article the Chiefs knew about the verbal incident and had no video proof. They were taking Hunt at his word no assault happened.

The assault is what got him released and not revealing it to the team. If he had been truthful he likely gets suspended for a number of games and KC institutes a zero tolerance policy.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Extraordinary Member

Hunt's stupid. Two sides this story. Hunt and his friends say that she was verbally abusive and saying the N-word. She's saying they basically kicked her out of a room for not hooking up with one of them. Now that doesn't matter because the video made Hunt lose any moral high ground he could have taken and he's the bad guy. And of everyone involved, he had the most to lose. This is a dude who should have gotten a huge contract, now any team that would have given him one is going to be scrutinized to do it. He destroyed his market value this off season, he's got a video that will follow him around the rest of his career, and he will carry this label for the rest of his time in the public eye.

Don't put your hands on a woman.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Hunt's stupid. Two sides this story. Hunt and his friends say that she was verbally abusive and saying the N-word. She's saying they basically kicked her out of a room for not hooking up with one of them. Now that doesn't matter because the video made Hunt lose any moral high ground he could have taken and he's the bad guy. And of everyone involved, he had the most to lose. This is a dude who should have gotten a huge contract, now any team that would have given him one is going to be scrutinized to do it. He destroyed his market value this off season, he's got a video that will follow him around the rest of his career, and he will carry this label for the rest of his time in the public eye.
    As a running back who's position has a short shelf life, Hunt screwed himself over big time if he's out of the league for any length of time. Like Ray Rice, Hunt made the conscious decision not to reveal the incident to the Chiefs, gambling that no video would turn up to incriminate him, a gamble he lost as there's cameras EVERYWHERE these days. Now he's out, and his career is basically toast.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    As a running back who's position has a short shelf life, Hunt screwed himself over big time if he's out of the league for any length of time. Like Ray Rice, Hunt made the conscious decision not to reveal the incident to the Chiefs, gambling that no video would turn up to incriminate him, a gamble he lost as there's cameras EVERYWHERE these days. Now he's out, and his career is basically toast.
    Its said he revealed the verbal part of the incident but not him assaulting her. Had he done that and been honest , KC likely would have suspended him for the season possibly which I agree he should have done. I agree with whatever punishment be handed down (be it suspension or release) , the Chiefs made a clear statement and decided...well if it hurts the team it doesn't matter. And I fully agree with this.

I however am not gonna jump and claim this lady is some innocent involved. Because lets be honest...if that was the case the police would have arrested Hunt then and there. He wouldn't have played and would have long been released had he been arrested and charged. Instead they seemed to look at a longer tape (which I'm sure does exist somewhere) of this and realized...ok there is more here to this involving everyone .

So people are asking why the NFL was so slow to respond to things. Well they faced stonewalls from the Police , Motel where the incident happened video wise and the very women involved . Its what slowed everything to not happening and why it never really became a bigger issue before this past week.

The NFL tried to investigate this but given that they couldn't get any videos or anything to investigate...it became a big road block.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So people are asking why the NFL was so slow to respond to things. Well they faced stonewalls from the Police , Motel where the incident happened video wise and the very women involved . Its what slowed everything to not happening and why it never really became a bigger issue before this past week.

The NFL tried to investigate this but given that they couldn't get any videos or anything to investigate...it became a big road block.
    How did TMZ get that video?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

This is literally the exact same scenario as Ray Rice with the NFL. They "investigated", didn't do anything, then TMZ gets the video.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    This is literally the exact same scenario as Ray Rice with the NFL. They "investigated", didn't do anything, then TMZ gets the video.
    Likely someone copied the footage possibly and sold it to TMZ. The NFL tried to get the footage from the the police who basically ...did nothing. In fact they didn't do their jobs and even watch the footage which is stunning. The NFL made a statement below about this...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...eo/2177472002/

The police reports generated that night noted "surveillance available upon request,” and the NFL said in a statement to USA TODAY Sports and other outlets that the league “made multiple attempts to obtain the video” and “contacted the Cleveland Police Department, which did not provide the NFL any video.”

The police meanwhile claim that they couldn't seize the footage due to it being a misdemeanor and can only had gotten the footage if it was a felony.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...illance-video/

Police decided to release a 3 hour body cam footage of the situation and it had them interviewing the Hunt and his 2 friends , and the one lady involved.

https://www.kshb.com/news/local-news...-hunt-incident

In this case the NFL seemingly believed that the police had the tape and would not turn it over. Not realizing that it wasn't the police who still had the footage but the motel where the incident took place.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Daniel proving he has growing pains just thew a easy int directly to a Giants defender.
    7-7 the playing for pride Giants could defeat the visitor Bears.

Glorious fail by the Dolphins to not block a punt 7-6 could be a ugly game in South Beach.

The Texans are making the Browns the laughingstock today 17-0 the game is going to become garbage time before halftime.

The Jaguars playing for pride have a 3-0 lead vs the Colts after 1 half.

Maybe Jackson gets his first loss in Atlanta the Falcons lead the Ravens 10-7.