Page 93 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 2220

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Packers interim coach Joe Philbin fires longtime Mike McCarthy assistant Winston Moss after leadership tweet

I’d hazard to guess that calling Mr. Discount Double Check to task was the fireable offense.

Not sure what the worse look is, the actual tweet, feeling said tweet was even true or having to put 'Fired by Joe Philbin on your resume.' I don't remember Tom Coughlin getting shot this much shade when the Giants let him go. McCarthy should have been axed 2 seasons ago.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

NFL predictions for the week

Titans over Jaguars- Titans can run the table and finish 10-6
    Chiefs over Ravens- Ravens fall into a tie with other 7-6 teams.
    Texans over Colts- Texans win the AFC South.
    Browns over Panthers- Panthers lose their fifth in a row and then fire their coach.
    Packers over Falcons- Falcons lose to the coachless Packers and then fire their coach.
    Saints over Bucs
    Bills over Jets- the Jets are garbage, and at least the Bills are trying.
    Dolphins over Patriots- this game will make or break the season for the Dolphins.
    Rams over Bears- without a healthy Mitchell Trubisky, the Bears cannot win this game.
    Giants over Redskins- The Giants have won 3 of 4, and the Redskins are down to their third-string QB.
    Broncos over 49ers
    Chargers over Bengals
    Cardinals over Lions- both teams end up 4-9
    Eagles over Cowboys- Eagles avenge earlier loss, both teams end up 7-6.
    Steelers over Raiders
    Seahawks over Vikings- the Vikings lose their wild card.

Two more mid-season coach firings? Hmmm.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Well Philbon and the Packers are playing damage control now and saying it wasn't just the tweet that caused this firing of Moss. But its kinda insane given that Moss was there since 2006 and had been an assistant head coach since that period as well. Moss will end up elsewhere and will likely discuss it next season as he'll joke he was fired because he basically was saying 'EVERYONE" was accountable ...even Rodgers for the play.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The firing of Mike McCarthy also comically put the Packers in a position where ....they don't have a play caller to call offensive plays now. McCarthy as coach would call the plays and now without him there , Joe Philbon will call plays. But here is what is funny as hell ; he's not called any offensive plays since 1996 in college. Yes folks he's not called an offensive play or series since the Clinton administration.

Its one of those moves where you have to question if the organization thought this one fully through.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The firing of Mike McCarthy also comically put the Packers in a position where ....they don't have a play caller to call offensive plays now. McCarthy as coach would call the plays and now without him there , Joe Philbon will call plays. But here is what is funny as hell ; he's not called any offensive plays since 1996 in college. Yes folks he's not called an offensive play or series since the Clinton administration.

Its one of those moves where you have to question if the organization thought this one fully through.
    I personally think they listened to the fans. But I have no proof.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I personally think they listened to the fans. But I have no proof.
    That was my guess. I can’t understand what the rush to sack McCarthy was all about.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Decent start Titans scored a td on their opening drive with Henry running for a td 7-0

Titans defense able to keep the Jaguars out of the endzone with a goal line stand

Henry looking like Earl Campbell had a 99 yard run for a td, and Titans have dominated the Jaguars 13-2.

Henry having a excellent game 4 rushing touchdowns 30-2 late 3rd the Jaguars are being made a royal joke tonight.

Excellent game for Henry that ran for more than 200 yards and all the Titans touchdowns tonight with the Titans demolishing the Jaguars 30-9.
    Great to see the Titans avoid the drama in this game and steamroll a foe.

Titans continue to climb the high wall to make the Playoffs.

Arizona put rookie WR Christian Kirk on IR, along with LG Mike Iupati. They added LT D.J. Humphries to that list.

Going into Sunday against the Lions, the Cardinals will have precisely zero starters from the starting offensive line they went into the preseason.

• LT: DJ Humphries, on IR this week. Instead, rookie 7th Round pick Korey Cunningham will start. He's done well at RT the past two weeks, but ready to protect Josh Rosen's blind side? Uh... probably not.
    • LG: Mike Iupati on IR Dec. 3rd. Arizona will start rookie 6th Round pick Colby Gossett, who they snagged from the Vikings' practice squad in October. He's only been with the team about 6 weeks, doesn't bode well.
    • C: A.Q. Shipley went out in August. Rookie 3rd round pick Mason Cole has started all year, and has played well, one of the team's few bright spots.
    • RG: Justin Pugh went out with a torn ACL in early November. Arizona has had a series of folks in here on a week-by-week basis, only to also get injured. On Sunday, they'll start Oday Aboushi, a journeyman lineman who has started 28 games in his career with a variety of teams, and has made two starts already for Arizona since joining the team in mid-October.
    • RT: Andre Smith was released November 26th after the team was embarrassed by the L.A. Chargers, and he got clowned all day by their pass rush. Hell, he was a liability all season. On Sunday, second year OL Will Holden will get the start. Holden was a 5th round pick in 2017 who Arizona thinks so highly of, they cut him in the preseason. He's been on the Colts' and Saints' practice squads during this season, and Arizona just signed him this week because they need to find someone, anyone, who knows their system.
    • BONUS ROUND... BENCH LINEMEN: John Wetzel has been Arizona's swing tackle and made several starts for the team during the past two seasons. He's on IR. Meanwhile, the guy who Will Holden was cut for, Jeremy Vujnovich, also went on injured reserve. In desperation, Arizona has signed Joe Barksdale, who was just cut by the Chargers, and two more people from the Colts' practice squad. Arizona's only offensive lineman who's been with the team all year is Daniel Munyer, a backup center who made it clear he wasn't ready for the pros when he spent an entire preseason game throwing shotgun snaps nearly over Josh Rosen's head, or down at his feet. He's a likely emergency guard/center.

What I'm getting at is... Arizona isn't getting a fourth win this year. I still don't know how they beat the Packers this Sunday. But their schedule finishes with hosting Detroit, on the road in Atlanta, home against the Rams, and on the road in Seattle.

They will tie their worst mark in franchise history at 3-13, and all I can do is feel bad for Larry Fitzgerald for having to endure a completely mismanaged and mangled roster.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Alex Smith football life is probably over. After multiple operations on his leg, he is now dealing with an infection.

https://nypost.com/2018/12/06/alex-s...om-broken-leg/

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    NFL predictions for the week

Titans over Jaguars- Titans can run the table and finish 10-6
    Chiefs over Ravens- Ravens fall into a tie with other 7-6 teams.
    Texans over Colts- Texans win the AFC South.
    Browns over Panthers- Panthers lose their fifth in a row and then fire their coach.
    Packers over Falcons- Falcons lose to the coachless Packers and then fire their coach.
    Saints over Bucs
    Bills over Jets- the Jets are garbage, and at least the Bills are trying.
    Dolphins over Patriots- this game will make or break the season for the Dolphins.
    Rams over Bears- without a healthy Mitchell Trubisky, the Bears cannot win this game.
    Giants over Redskins- The Giants have won 3 of 4, and the Redskins are down to their third-string QB.
    Broncos over 49ers
    Chargers over Bengals
    Cardinals over Lions- both teams end up 4-9
    Eagles over Cowboys- Eagles avenge earlier loss, both teams end up 7-6.
    Steelers over Raiders
    Seahawks over Vikings- the Vikings lose their wild card.
    I am changing my prediction for Bears-Rams. With Mitchell Trubisky playing, the Bears will win.