Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Default If this is goodbye for now? Gotta tip my hat to you.

According to a tweet from him Cullen Bunn has no upcoming work on X-books after he finishes current work. https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/09...-to-the-x-men/

I liked his Magneto series and alot of what he did with Erick. His Uncanny run was good and i thought he did a good job of bringing in some old themes and characters updated to fit the Mist era during the X-men. Was a staple linchpin to the franchise during difficult times. I believe his work on blue maybe remembered as a important part to his contribution to the X-men, because he helped bring the 05 to the current X-fans.

this has already been known for months

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yeah. Currently, Bunn has no other X-book projects.Typical we lose Bunn, but get hacks like Guggenheim & Hack, I mean Pak lol

Damn I really enjoyed all of Bunns until Blue. Which I didn't read so I can't comment anything about his writing on that . Everything else I loved and will miss him. It's rate tjat I follow writers I usually follow artist but I would make him an exception.
    s

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It's kind of weird how people are bringing this up. He said it in june and confirmed many times in his Tumblr. Maybe folks just thought it was a ruse and he would still have Magneto.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Well, i think some were hoping that after the new Uncanny announcement that it was possible that he may have had upcoming X-related projects that had not been confirmed since announcements prior.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    Well, i think some were hoping that after the new Uncanny announcement that it was possible that he may have had upcoming X-related projects that had not been confirmed since announcements prior.
    I guessed as much. Maybe he just wants to try new stuff. Asgardians of The Galaxy is the chance to go cosmic. Bunn is great with villains and anti-heroes, but I'm glad he's not clinging to this and actually trying different stuff. It's good for his growth as a writer

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Yeah. Currently, Bunn has no other X-book projects.Typical we lose Bunn, but get hacks like Guggenheim & Hack, I mean Pak lol
    Huh? But isn't Guggs leaving as well?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Huh? But isn't Guggs leaving as well?
    His run on Gold is ending. But I haven't heard of him being off the X-books all together, the way Bunn is after Blue is done.

BANNED

lol Guggs is not coming back. The only reason he got hired in the first place was because of Daniel Ketchum, who got fired over a year ago. Unlike Bunn, he doesn't have fans so no reason for a farewell message.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

If I had to guess, Bunn is getting too expensive/successful. Marvel doesn't like the idea of "super star" creators with little exception (probably those willing to take less) after the Image Exodus. Most of it was with illustrators but I noticed as a lot of writers gain fame, they end up leaving to other publishers or do their own thing after good runs on Marvel, which is odd. To be given obscurity after success at the top company in the industry.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    lol Guggs is not coming back. The only reason he got hired in the first place was because of Daniel Ketchum, who got fired over a year ago. Unlike Bunn, he doesn't have fans so no reason for a farewell message.
    Wow someone needs to add some sweetness in their coffee. That was kind of harsh.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

I feel for Bunn, he really got a raw deal with Blue. Imagine if he’d been handed Gold instead...

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    I feel for Bunn, he really got a raw deal with Blue. Imagine if he’d been handed Gold instead...
    Gold or Weapon X he could've worked magic with. Why they put him on Blue of all things is beyond me when he's known to be a writer that does better with a more gritty or serious cast. But they stick him with the brats. And he asked to keep Magneto, which they were smart enough to give him.

The ResurrXion books suffered on opposite ends.

Blue had a good writer with a bad cast. Gold & WX had great casts with bad writers. Astonishing...just eh. But given everything in the other titles, it may have been the most stable one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Gold or Weapon X he could've worked magic with. Why they put him on Blue of all things is beyond me when he's known to be a writer that does better with a more gritty or serious cast. But they stick him with the brats. And he asked to keep Magneto, which they were smart enough to give him.

The ResurrXion books suffered on opposite ends.

Blue had a good writer with a bad cast. Gold & WX had great casts with bad writers. Astonishing...just eh. But given everything in the other titles, it may have been the most stable one.
    I agree with all that. Imagine if they’d said no to adding Magneto, just yikes.

I’d also add that the only book with which I really liked both the writer and cast (Gen X) sold like shit and got canceled.