Spectacular Member

Default Jamie Madrox as a villain theory

I read about the possibility of the Multiple Man mini creating a villain out of Madrox. I'm actually kind of disappointed in the mini series so far. Peter David took Jamie's character and turned him in to a genuinely complex person. Someone to root for. Someone who's struggles and back story often led to bad decisions, but ultimately he cared for his friends. PAD's series also built on an amazing love story. There were many moments in his X-Factor book that brought me to tears like great literature. I would love, if not PAD himself for there to be a writer that takes Jamie and expands on all the great things PAD developed.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

This isn't the same Madrox, for what it's worth. That one died. This is the new Jamie Prime.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    This isn't the same Madrox, for what it's worth. That one died. This is the new Jamie Prime.
    As long as somehow the original Jamie comes out on top that's cool then. We've seen this kind of thing happen many times in comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Winghead View Post
    I read about the possibility of the Multiple Man mini creating a villain out of Madrox. I'm actually kind of disappointed in the mini series so far. Peter David took Jamie's character and turned him in to a genuinely complex person. Someone to root for. Someone who's struggles and back story often led to bad decisions, but ultimately he cared for his friends. PAD's series also built on an amazing love story. There were many moments in his X-Factor book that brought me to tears like great literature. I would love, if not PAD himself for there to be a writer that takes Jamie and expands on all the great things PAD developed.
    I make these words my own.

Fantastic Member

Did the mini explain how he came back from the dead?

I think that Emperor Madrox is gonna reform, go back in time, and sacrifice himself to save Jamie Prime from Death of X. So the huge amount of dupe carnage was just the Jamie from the mini. After all that is said and done, Colonel/General/Marshall/Captain Callahan has his team grab one of the dead dupes to potentially clone and amass his own army with.

He's an interesting villain because you can get infinite canon fodder. We could get some huge battle scenes with a large roster of X-Men and everyone gets the chance to use their powers.
    And it's easy to have a double of Jamie go evil and make more doubles (the emperor or another evil double)...We could get a Multiple Man villain and still have the original Jamie being a good guy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    He's an interesting villain because you can get infinite canon fodder. We could get some huge battle scenes with a large roster of X-Men and everyone gets the chance to use their powers.
    And it's easy to have a double of Jamie go evil and make more doubles (the emperor or another evil double)...We could get a Multiple Man villain and still have the original Jamie being a good guy.
    ^^This. It could be that Callahan has been built up as an antagonist for Uncanny X-Men. If he has an army of Multiple Man dupes, it's going to be a great way to showcase the various abilities of the X-Men and make for some great action sequences. And our Madrox can still stick around, or we could get him back once it's resolved.

What if its not Jamie at all, but Mimic with Jamie's powers added to his own?

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    What if its not Jamie at all, but Mimic with Jamie's powers added to his own?
    Mimic can mimic powers, not looks. No it is Jamie. But this is again one of the evil Jamie's (we had that before) and probably way more dangerous as Jamie can somehow get to extra powers.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Mimic can mimic powers, not looks. No it is Jamie. But this is again one of the evil Jamie's (we had that before) and probably way more dangerous as Jamie can somehow get to extra powers.
    He can if he mimics a shapeshifter. With that said, its unlikely Mimic bc he's being used in Extermination