Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Tom Kong gives us an idea on Bats and Cats and Dan DiDio in CBR article...

Tom King gives CBR a look on what comes next for the Bat and Cat and even gives us readers a look into Dan DiDio, the one we rarely hear about...https://www.cbr.com/tom-king-next-ma...on-catwoman/2/

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Tom King gives CBR a look on what comes next for the Bat and Cat and even gives us readers a look into Dan DiDio, the one we rarely hear about...https://www.cbr.com/tom-king-next-ma...on-catwoman/2/
    I’m interested to see what King’s Endgame is. I think people who are still holding out for a wedding are deluding themselves, but I’m going to stick with this regardless. It’s nice to have the focus be on someone other than Joker for once. Nice anecdote about Dido, he’s made his mistakes but he’s nowhere near the Satan figure fans can paint him as.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m interested to see what King’s Endgame is. I think people who are still holding out for a wedding are deluding themselves, but I’m going to stick with this regardless. It’s nice to have the focus be on someone other than Joker for once. Nice anecdote about Dido, he’s made his mistakes but he’s nowhere near the Satan figure fans can paint him as.
    Some of what Dan DiDio has said in the past and was revealed in the past paints him in a bad light. Especially whenever the topic of legacy characters come out.

Interesting stuff about Didio. I also think fans love to demonize him so much and blame him for everthing like the guy is intentionally trying to make his company fail.

Actually I still think an eventual marriage is very much on the table. I won't be disappointed if I'm wrong because I'm not invested anymore after the fakeout debacle, but I do still think its very possible. I wouldn't be surprised if this whole thing was planned from the fake marketing, then to the "You didn't REALLY think they'd get married, did you?" responses, to only actually do it later down the line as King's swan song. They just greatly miscalculated in not only the way fans would respond to the "twist", but also for some reason failed to consider how their method would affect retailers.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Interesting stuff about Didio. I also think fans love to demonize him so much and blame him for everthing like the guy is intentionally trying to make his company fail.
    I have nothing against the man personally--but anyone who hates Dick Grayson has serious issues. I do appreciate it that he helped out Len Wein. The industry owes a lot to the old creators.

I always respected Didio for this. He makes himself the lightning rod.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I don't believe he's trying to make the company fail but he has made some pretty boneheaded moves over there years in his attempts to gain more readers. The flack he gets for those is, I think, justified since literally no one likes to see characters that they love mistreated, killed or shoved into limbo. There's no way to satisfy everyone but plenty of ways to make folks angry.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 08-31-2018 at 09:11 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I have nothing against the man personally--but anyone who hates Dick Grayson has serious issues. I do appreciate it that he helped out Len Wein. The industry owes a lot to the old creators.
    I don't see how someone hating a character means they have issues though
    My favorite characters of all time are Bruce Wayne and Dracula.

Extraordinary Member

The issue with Didio has never been his personal failings, though there is evidence that he lies to fans. The issue is how out of touch he is and his inability to think like a writer or editor as opposed to a marketer. You can be the nicest person in the world, but if you suck at your job there's no helping that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    It`s only an issue when it`s a character you like, eh?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Actually I still think an eventual marriage is very much on the table. I won't be disappointed if I'm wrong because I'm not invested anymore after the fakeout debacle, but I do still think its very possible. I wouldn't be surprised if this whole thing was planned from the fake marketing, then to the "You didn't REALLY think they'd get married, did you?" responses, to only actually do it later down the line as King's swan song. They just greatly miscalculated in not only the way fans would respond to the "twist", but also for some reason failed to consider how their method would affect retailers.
    I don't, since Didio gave several interviews talking about a marriage being the end of the story and it never was in the plans for them to actually get married. I think there will be a reunion, but they will probably decide it never made sense to get married or something.

Fantastic Member

I have to agree a person being nice has nothing to do with how good they do there job even a bad guy can act nice
    that being said I don't know the man so I can't say much about him not everyone is meant for every job
    I do believe he's trying his best I never doubted that I just think he likes really depressing stories
    and I don't agree with some things he thinks
    I was in a freak accident there were freaks everywhere Dan vs

Spectacular Member Huntsman1117's Avatar

I do remember an article or something in which Didio stated that he does not feel that superheroes should be happy, and that they should never be in happy relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman1117 View Post
    I do remember an article or something in which Didio stated that he does not feel that superheroes should be happy, and that they should never be in happy relationships.
    And yet, fans love seeing Lois and Clark married, Peter and MJ, and others. Even Bruce and Selina with the Bronze/Earth 2 part.