Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JmH Reborn View Post
    Hating WATXM is just what the kewl kids do

It's silly really

When Marvel tries new storytelling ideas -- people cry about it

When a character goes in a different correction -- people cry about it

When Marvel reverts characters to their 'base' status -- people say Marvel is the house of no idea

Comic book fans are probably the amongst the worst. WATXM was quirky non-offending fun. All characters in wacky stories, out of their element. It was fun. Some good stories, some average stories, some dumb stories. It also gave us finally RoLo
    I don't necessarily think this is a case of that though, I personally feel as though for the last ten-fifteen years there was a lack of interest by Marvel to really push the X-men, and while they are willing to go out on a limb. It's just usually in a contrived and unnecessarily complicated or regressive manner. Sure we've had several highlights/takes over the years like your Carey, Gillen, Remender, Taylor, Thompson, and a select few others. But with WATX specifically I felt it did a disservice to the characters involved the teaching staff were irrelevant save for Logan, Quire, and Kitty. The stories did mostly nothing to advance the characters narratives' beyond the issues themselves, and a lot happened just to happen with little to no follow up. Were there good issues sure, but that was usually proceeded or followed by not so good issues.

That and when you compared what Gillen had been doing in UXM, he just seemed to have a better grasp of his cast, that and I'm personally over writers introducing hundreds of characters in a series only to be forgotten at the end of the run. Has anyone seen, Warbird, Broo, or Gladiator kid since, how about any of the supporting and the developments they received?
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 09-05-2018 at 07:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    That and when you compared what Gillen had been doing in UXM, he just seemed to have a better grasp of his cast, that and I'm personally over writers introducing hundreds of characters in a series only to be forgotten at the end of the run. Has anyone seen, Warbird, Broo, or Gladiator kid since, how about any of the supporting and the developments they received?
    I think Aaron used Kid Gladiator and Warbird during his Thor run. But that's right there with Guggs being the only writer who cares about Ink.

BANNED

Marjorie Liu used Warbird. She actually had a planned romance between her and Karma that never made it on page.

Broo pops up here and there. He was Shogo’s least favorite babysitter and he’s friends with X-23.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Marjorie Liu used Warbird. She actually had a planned romance between her and Karma that never made it on page.
    Right, but that was concurrent with Aaron's stint on the X-Men, iirc.