Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BANNED

Wolverine: they're children,summers,not x-men.
    Later wolverine & the x-men=wolverine & the kids those aren't x-men.
    justsaying.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Remember how Aaron was writing the Wolverine solo at the same time and had him murder all of his kids?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Remember how Aaron was writing the Wolverine solo at the same time and had him murder all of his kids?
    That happened pre-Schsim, didn't it? It was supposed to be the reason that Wolverine went from "I saw people younger than Kitty serving in the military" to deciding he had to blow up Utopia to save the children. Or however that went.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Ok... the point of the entire arc was how revenge is bad, it cost you your soul (The Red Rigth Hand) and your humanity (Logan), also none of the people involved in that were innocents (neither Logan or his enemies), The Mongrels (Logan's kid) were killers that attacked a building of innocent people just to kill Melita (Logan's girlfriend at the time), the Red Hand and their love ones were the same (they were in hell for a reason) except the mother of the little boy that Logan killed in EOS when he was brainwashed, also Logan gave the Mongrels plenty of chance to retreat, they keep insisting in attacking in spite the fact that he said to have no beat with then, two of then killed eacth other when he gave then the chance. Context is key people.
    Last edited by TheCape; 09-02-2018 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    That happened pre-Schsim, didn't it? It was supposed to be the reason that Wolverine went from "I saw people younger than Kitty serving in the military" to deciding he had to blow up Utopia to save the children. Or however that went.
    Yes, it happened rigth before. It was part of the reason, but not the only one. (Poorly told frankly). Wicth is still incredibly stupid frankly, but that's Aaron for you.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    Just going to throw in my two cents here.

I don't mind a lighthearted and fun book especially with all the death and gruesome events Marvel and DC bring out every couple of months.
    My problem with the book stems from the aftermath of the Schism. Having Cyclops and Wolverine change roles and go to different paths the one or the other would not have taken decades earlier was interesting.
    The execution on Wolverine's part was... in great need of improvement. WATXM had portions of just being Cyclops hate to the point of ad naseum. For example during the Battle of the Atom event the Bendis issue had Kitty and the others working with young Scott with no problem, as soon as he is in WATXM all of the sudden they start hating on him with no correlation to what happened in the previous issue. I believe this is why I liked Gillen's run more since even Storm and others criticized Scott in a reasonable way and held him accountable to his faults. With Wolverine... there was no struggle, no mistakes made where he tried and failed, and Saint Wolverine got tiring after a couple of issues. You'd think Bobby would have confronted Wolverine regarding Angel somewhere down the line and maybe have differences in opinion or gotten into a fight but none of that happened.

Another problem is Aaron's Creations. I understand he was going for Morrison but towards the end, they became less human and more of a joke. They were just there to be laughed at and be forgotten. I assume at some point they might have joined the Morlocks or died off screen after his run. One of the worst offenders is Wolverine's and Mystiques love child which is all sorts of wrong. The Hellfire Kids were given way too many opportunities not to be killed. When Scott and Emma came after them I can't believe they wouldn't have roasted their corpses as a warning to others. I would have accepted one of them being roasted alive while the others fled for their lives.

The other problem was the characterization used on long-established characters. As the previous posters have mentioned Husk was completely OOC and came from nowhere without any explanation. She was there for Kitty to chew on and show how incompetent Emma is as a teacher since Husk was her student disregarding their dynamic in Generation X. Which brings up other students like Jubilee how were part of the team under Emma. Mystique working for the Hellfire Kids was odd, Sabertooth I could understand but not Mystique. Storm was there to rebound on Wolverine and pimp him up which I disliked. Idie had a reset button on hating herself far more than when she joined the 5-Lights. Have no idea where NuAngel got the whole I am an Angel thing from his previous appearance in Uncanny X-Force. Quentin is always a hit or miss depending how much you let him get away with or how much focus you give him in regards to the rest of the cast. There was also issues from the Phoenix Force and his use with it which many of you are familiar with in Thor and Avengers. Colossus was treated horribly as well just for the sake of justifying Kitty and Iceman being in a relationship. Colossus is not an abuser. Why Molly Hayes would be in league with the bad guys boggles me and not sure why she was even there to begin with. Also please tone down Wolverine he does not need to be everywhere or everyone.

The book would of been better in my opinion if characters were made less for a punchline and given actual characterization. I would have liked to see Wolverine try and fail to run a school in a way that he questions himself or wonders why he is even doing this. More opinions on the students and their take on what is happening around them. Why did they join Cyclops? Why did they choose Wolverine? What do they agree in and what don't they. I can tell you in High School I did not always agree with the adults running the school or those in charge of the district. It is probably why I liked New X-Men a lot. Have a seperate book for the staff and another for the students. That way Wolverine will do his own thing and Quentin in another dealing with the student perspective more. This could honestly be fixed and made much better.
    agreed great points.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

I hated hearing that little Hellfire girl beating over the head on her cruelty to animals like skinning cats and beating penguins with a hammer especially as a animal lover(cat person here).

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    I hated hearing that little Hellfire girl beating over the head on her cruelty to animals like skinning cats and beating penguins with a hammer especially as an animal lover(cat person here).
    Same. I would like nothing more than for her to befall the same fate as the couple in The Cats of Ulthar.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

All-New Member

I will throw a hat into the ring and say that I quite enjoyed Wolverine and the X-Men. I didn't really enjoy Schism or Avengers vs. X-Men, but I enjoyed Wolverine and the X-Men quite a bit. I'm a huge fan of Quentin Quire and I found Aaron's Wolverine here more interesting than any of his earlier takes on the character. I didn't have a lot of interest in Iceman/Shadowcat and I didn't think Storm's inclusion added anything to the book, but I enjoyed the core kids--Quentin, Oya, Broo, Genesis, etc.--a lot. And, frankly, I didn't mind the Hellfire Kids, particularly since the cast was made up of so many teenaged X-Men.

I liked the book because it was something unique and different with a voice I hadn't gotten in any X-Men book before. Is it my favorite X-run? Not really. Would it have been stronger had it not had to be bogged down by AvX and Battle of the Atom? Almost certainly. That being said, I thought everything in between was good fun and it's one of the better "X-kids" series there's ever been. I preferred it to Gillen's second Uncanny volume, in no small part due to WatXM having mostly great art (no Greg Land here).

I wonder how people feel about this compared to more recent teen books like Spidey & the X-Men and Generation X Vol 2.
    Last edited by Tycon; 09-02-2018 at 04:20 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    Same. I would like nothing more than for her to befall the same fate as the couple in The Cats of Ulthar.
    Unfortunately she was last seen in Aaron thor sitting with other evil business ceos and she was petting a dead cat a couple years ago

Fantastic Member

I hated how he had Rachel in his book and pretty much ignored her until the AvX tie-in issue. I kept waiting for a storyline for her only to see her get sidelined for stupid Hope. God I hope Hope dies someday soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    I wonder how people feel about this compared to more recent teen books like Spidey & the X-Men and Generation X Vol 2.
    I enjoyed Generation X Vol 2 due to the Students having a voice and Jubilee being an amazing teacher. Felt just in character to her. Too bad it was short and I started to like Eyeboy, that was a surprise. Even Quentin was tolerable although I would of liked more screen time with other students.

Spidey and the X-Men were weird but not in a good way. Don't get why the X-Men hated him when he came into the school. The students were OOC in certain areas but I will give it one thing. They got Spidey being annoying correct and the students at least have a voice. Besides that it was a nice experiment and forgettable. :/
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Schism really brought down my enjoyment of Logan. And I did try WatXM up till AvX. Didn't like alot of it. Especially the Angel/X-force situation. That really set me to put the series down and walk away.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

It's weird how I dislike his WATXM series but like his Amazing X-Men run for some reason.