Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    I wonder how people feel about this compared to more recent teen books like Spidey & the X-Men and Generation X Vol 2.
    I liked both those more.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Don't get me started. The fact that Hope and Rachel still haven't interacted on panel blows my mind, and that Rachel was sent out of the book essentially until the O5 left after BotA left a bad taste in my mouth. Or was that the Toad/Husk relationship......
    Oh wow, it just hit me that Rachel is Hope's aunt. Its a shame there was no bonding when both thought Cable was dead after Second Coming

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Oh wow, it just hit me that Rachel is Hope's aunt. Its a shame there was no bonding when both thought Cable was dead after Second Coming
    That is an incredible missed opportunity.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

BANNED

I want to say something, but it seems that everyone else has voiced what has already been said...

Schism was a horrible event and this "book" coming out of it was a joke book that cared more about its own cast instead of the established cast of New X-men they already had.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Right? I mean here is Rachel, fresh back from space and just having hosted the Phoenix Force again, arriving at Utopia right after Cable's death and she leaves to go to the school. No interaction with Hope. Even when they two teams took on Exodus, nothing. Nothing during AvX, as it turns out it was Xavier the whole time, which is strange that Cyclops WOULDN"T TRUST HIS DAUGHTER TO TRAIN HOPE ON THE PHOENIX FORCE. Nothing after AvX. Nothing during the Jeen solo. Literally nothing this whole time. The fact that we haven't see Rachel and Nate alive in the same panel since the Providence crossover with Deadpool (a decade) is crazy. Marvel no longer cares about interpersonal family dynamics.

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    That is an incredible missed opportunity.
    I feel like we say that literally about tons of things related to Rachel, as well as many other characters because they aren't the writer's favs or they don't fit the narrative that Marvel is trying to sell...I mean tell

To get to the point, it sucked.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    I wonder how people feel about this compared to more recent teen books like Spidey & the X-Men and Generation X Vol 2.
    No one read those. Sales #s were abysmal. First run issues trounced by 3 month old Batman floppies.

Spectacular Member

Hating WATXM is just what the kewl kids do

It's silly really

When Marvel tries new storytelling ideas -- people cry about it

When a character goes in a different correction -- people cry about it

When Marvel reverts characters to their 'base' status -- people say Marvel is the house of no idea

Comic book fans are probably the amongst the worst. WATXM was quirky non-offending fun. All characters in wacky stories, out of their element. It was fun. Some good stories, some average stories, some dumb stories. It also gave us finally RoLo

Quote Originally Posted by JmH Reborn View Post
    Hating WATXM is just what the kewl kids do

It's silly really

When Marvel tries new storytelling ideas -- people cry about it

When a character goes in a different correction -- people cry about it

When Marvel reverts characters to their 'base' status -- people say Marvel is the house of no idea

Comic book fans are probably the amongst the worst. WATXM was quirky non-offending fun. All characters in wacky stories, out of their element. It was fun. Some good stories, some average stories, some dumb stories. It also gave us finally RoLo
    ANd then there are those who just dislike the book.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    God forbid people have a different opinion.

I hated the book because Jason Aaron worships the ground Logan walks on, and shows it in everything he's ever written.

To add of what i say before, i did enjoy the first arc and i still find issue #17 hilarious and great, but i did really not care for most of what happened, creatively the book is more miss than hit and as Wolverine fan is probably one of the lowest points of quality regarding the character, his solo around the period when this happened was between mediocre and downright awfull, even when the idea had some potential originally. It really tells you how badly Marvel screwed when the best Logan story before his death was his guest appearance on Deadpool "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" by Duggan.
    Last edited by TheCape; 09-04-2018 at 09:41 PM.

Spectacular Member

Sure

I'd argue that WATXM had an uphill battle before it even started because of Schism and Wolverine's new status quo, as if Wolverine being a mentor/teacher (in various ways) was somehow OOC

WATXM didn't take itself seriously but people had an irrational hate only because Wolverine was the titular character.

Quote Originally Posted by JmH Reborn View Post
    Sure

I'd argue that WATXM had an uphill battle before it even started because of Schism and Wolverine's new status quo, as if Wolverine being a mentor/teacher (in various ways) was somehow OOC

WATXM didn't take itself seriously but people had an irrational hate only because Wolverine was the titular character.
    WOn't deny the uphill battle. Schism was bad. THe idea behind WatXM isn't a bad one but probably not a good time to do so(AvX around the corner and the X-men so divided), at least IMO. And for me, Jason Aaron's depiction of Logan wasn't for me.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

WOn't deny the uphill battle. Schism was bad. THe idea behind WatXM isn't a bad one but probably not a good time to do so(AvX around the corner and the X-men so divided), at least IMO. And for me, Jason Aaron's depiction of Logan wasn't for me.
    I'm not a fan of Aaron's take on Logan (especially a lot of things after the end of the Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine mini) but frankly the guy had to work with the statu quo established by Bendis, Way, Loeb and the X-Editors, sadly it wasn't possible to write the same Logan that people loved in the past unfortunately.

Spectacular Member

I was never a fan of all of Aaron's Wolverine work. He did have some fantastic stories thrown in there though

Like he knew who he was at his core and had his voice down - but oddly made religion the central theme to his main Wolverine work towards the end. Wolverine has been often depicted as an athiest archtype of more contemporary religions - without outright saying it because you know...people. It was just an odd story beat that didn't resonate well.

I do think that some of these editorial mandates had more to do than any actual story points. When you need editorial to interfere (Wolverine Origins) they don't and when you need editorial to let writers not get bogged down with mandatory crossovers, they do