Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

For me how many Amazons should be outside world? I mean I think it would be great even if there were more than just the Banas all should have a great relationship with each other. Do you guys think that the Banas and Paradise Island will get to see each other?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    For me how many Amazons should be outside world? I mean I think it would be great even if there were more than just the Banas all should have a great relationship with each other. Do you guys think that the Banas and Paradise Island will get to see each other?
    While I like the idea of there being multiple groups of Amazons im kinda iffy on the notion of them having a great relationship with one another. Logically if they got along so well then your left with the question of why their not part of one of the other groups. If their interests and views are identical to that of the Bana or the islands, then why wouldn't they be part of either group?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    While I like the idea of there being multiple groups of Amazons im kinda iffy on the notion of them having a great relationship with one another. Logically if they got along so well then your left with the question of why their not part of one of the other groups. If their interests and views are identical to that of the Bana or the islands, then why wouldn't they be part of either group?
    Much like Paradise Island Amazons maybe each is protecting a powerful item? Maybe they don't have a great relationship but can at least to help each other enough to help one another.

You mean like the gate to tartarus/the prison of the titans/the mother box?
    That would be a good motivation. And it would make sense that they would remain seperate tribes if they didn't get along well but would work together

Stjepan Sejic of Justice League Odyssey also draws Wonder Woman from time to time.

batman+wonder_woman.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yay, Wonder Woman!

I have always loved her. Diana is DC's superheroine #1!

I love Diana's compassion, innocence, loyalty, bravery, strength and mystic background.

Everything thing you said, but especially this bolded portion here.

I love that she is a character that captures the positive and multifaceted aspects of women - that we can be sweet, loving, kind, compassionate, nurturers, feminine AND still be fierce, strong, and formidable protectors and defenders. I love that Diana was an avatar of truth and a promoter of peace and love despite being one of if not the most powerful woman on earth. I love her forthrightness because it is honest and just pure. She represented the best virtues of a person: confident but not arrogant. Assertive yet not demeaning. Strong yet gentle. Fierce yet loving. Looked for the best qualities in a person. Always willing to extend a hand in friendship.

She was a character created to inspire. An aspiration to what you could be.

This excerpt from an article I was reading about another favored character from my youth perfectly captures Diana as well in my opinion: "Matilda [insert Diana], I believe, displays what he considered to be the best virtues: a love of learning and an innate sense of justice, courage, warmth, and a dry wit. She’s thoughtful and self-confident, but never obsessive or conceited. She is extraordinary, but never elitist. She’s perfect.”

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    You mean like the gate to tartarus/the prison of the titans/the mother box?
    That would be a good motivation. And it would make sense that they would remain seperate tribes if they didn't get along well but would work together
    Anoth
    One thing I was thinking is each tribe has at least one thing from their original heritage but each has guarded secrets from their own tribe has well.

One thing I like about Wonder Woman is that shes established to have been spending hundreds of years training with her fellow Amazons, establishing shes as skilled and talented as she is because shes worked so hard on it for so long. Golden age established the Amazons invented machine guns just so they could have something more challenging to do bullets and bracelets with. Compared to Batman who at most spent thirty years training and preparing, Wonder Womans been at it for hundreds if not thousands of years.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Chart of the day: Wonder Woman takes top spot as Australian kids' favourite superhero: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-...rhero/10382548

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlackFeath View Post
    Diana Prince & Lois Lane?
    IMO this is to be used for 2019's WONDER WOMAN 1984
    Alex Ross I THINK the above image is by him is to do more Wonder Woman paintings

Saw this neat little bit of fan art

Im reminded of back in the day there was that cancelled attempt at a superhero team led by Wonder Woman which would have consisted of herself, her villain Queen Solara, Dolphin, Ice, and a new character named Star Lilly

I wonder is there anything else about the new animated movie? I hope Diana gets her own animated series

Wonder Woman and her sidekick Star-Blossom

Should Diana only be limited to Greek magical weapons? I ask because DC at times has had Diana fight mythical creatures outside of Greek myths. What myths should she know about?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Should Diana only be limited to Greek magical weapons? I ask because DC at times has had Diana fight mythical creatures outside of Greek myths. What myths should she know about?
    Based on my headcanon on the Amazons, I'd say Diana would be very familiar with the roots of several Indo-european myth complexes, and also know something about the roots of Sino-tibetan, Dravidian, Turkic, and Afroasiatic myth complexes. That'd specifically include myths from central and south Asia, the Middle East, and Egypt, with bits and pieces from east Asia and Africa outside Egypt.

If Diana got into the clutches of a comparative linguist, they'd never let her go…