Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Gal Gadot in The Simpsons - Preview:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Gal Gadot in The Simpsons - Preview:

Well, you can definitely tell Disney own Fox with that remark from Homer

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

Can't wait for this.
    I love Diana's voice in Orlando's run. "One thing, Artemis...Hola!" He gives her that little sassiness that makes me smile.
    And she solves problems not just with her fists, but also with her head, heart and lasso.
    Last edited by WonderSpace; 09-21-2018 at 02:36 PM.

The greatest female superhero of all time bar none. A true legend and trailblazer with a warrior ethos and a never say die spirit. How could one not appreciate Wonder Woman?
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

One thing I always wondered How large is Diana's magical knowledge? I mean we see her doing a lot about Greek myths, weapons and many others. Shouldn't she know more about other magical creatures and weapons? I mean if the amazons are going to be given job to protected magical items what if it's from different myths? That the amazons have a large knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    One thing I always wondered How large is Diana's magical knowledge? I mean we see her doing a lot about Greek myths, weapons and many others. Shouldn't she know more about other magical creatures and weapons? I mean if the amazons are going to be given job to protected magical items what if it's from different myths? That the amazons have a large knowledge
    It depends on the conditions. If you have Amazons like the golden age who were highly advanced and knowlegable of the outside world then it certainly would make sense that on top of being very knowlegable about modern society and the cultures of the modern day that they would also study up on other magical entities and artifacts from other origins.

However if your going with the idea that the Amazons have closed themselves off from the island, turned a blind eye to how the world has changed and developed, then it doesn't make much sense that they would also go to the effort of keeping track of information regarding anything magical beyond their borders either.

And if your going to explore the idea of the Amazons being charged with protecting magical artifacts, it wouldn't really make much sense for them to know how to use them. Simply knowing what to do to keep them from going off would be sufficient.

Depending on background, one can make a case that Diana could know a lot of magic, but in a different way than how we think of it today. She would be able to see and interpret omens, she'd imbue supernatural qualities in any objects she crafted, she'd know a lot of rituals for protection and healing, and so on. But unlike say Zatanna, Diana wouldn't use magical forces directly or be able to improvise.

I'm not agreeing with Fuzzy Mittens's reasoning regarding isolated Amazons. To me it makes a lot more sense from a storytelling perspective that Amazons who were knowledgable about our world and its development would be technologically advanced, while an isolated and secret Amazon society would keep secret and lost knowledge alive. And the comment on magical artifacts just seems backwards to me. They need to know not only how to protect the artifacts but likely also why and what to do if the artifact become activated or end up in the wrong hands.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Depending on background, one can make a case that Diana could know a lot of magic, but in a different way than how we think of it today. She would be able to see and interpret omens, she'd imbue supernatural qualities in any objects she crafted, she'd know a lot of rituals for protection and healing, and so on. But unlike say Zatanna, Diana wouldn't use magical forces directly or be able to improvise.

I'm not agreeing with Fuzzy Mittens's reasoning regarding isolated Amazons. To me it makes a lot more sense from a storytelling perspective that Amazons who were knowledgable about our world and its development would be technologically advanced, while an isolated and secret Amazon society would keep secret and lost knowledge alive. And the comment on magical artifacts just seems backwards to me. They need to know not only how to protect the artifacts but likely also why and what to do if the artifact become activated or end up in the wrong hands.
    DC did have the Amazons isolated themselves and stay in time. I would love it if the Amazons either had the magically sphere or went to explore. I do wonder what if the Amazons from Paradise Island and Banas did meet a few times. What kind of adventures would they have?

And...what if there are a few other unknown groups of Amazons out there somewhere besides those on Paradise Island and the Banas?

Perhaps Nubia is the leader of one of these groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    And...what if there are a few other unknown groups of Amazons out there somewhere besides those on Paradise Island and the Banas?

Perhaps Nubia is the leader of one of these groups.
    Yea. I did being this up. What if due to the amazons situation with Hercules that Some amazons never found the Banas or paradise island. I mean I think in Marston’s and a few other some of the amazons were sold into slavery

Back in the golden age it was a thing that when Hercules attacked some of the Amazons escaped capture and fled eastward into what would become mongolia/china.

There was also the 'children of Atalanta' which after the moving to the island thing, Atalanta saw Aphrodites command to remain on the island as a test and left to settle in South America with Amazons who followed her. Though that seems to have been folded into the Bana.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Jason Fabok posted a framed pic of Diana:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Boc6n1oBAsh/

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Back in the golden age it was a thing that when Hercules attacked some of the Amazons escaped capture and fled eastward into what would become mongolia/china.

There was also the 'children of Atalanta' which after the moving to the island thing, Atalanta saw Aphrodites command to remain on the island as a test and left to settle in South America with Amazons who followed her. Though that seems to have been folded into the Bana.
    Yep, this is what I was thinking.