View Poll Results: Chris Claremont's next X-project should be...

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • A core X-Men book as solo writer

26 26.00%
  • Weekly Uncanny X-Men together with another 2/3 writers

11 11.00%
  • A satellite X-book

27 27.00%
  • A solo character X-book

19 19.00%
  • An out of continuity or disconnected book

30 30.00%
  • Other

21 21.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I love Claremont, but if I'm being honest, I'd like to see him just retire. His ideas and concepts are dated, and often not good, and his style doesn't gel anymore imo. This franchise doesn't need to go backwards, and bringing him in isn't going to fix anything. I don't want more of the Neo, never ending mind control, tentacles, or more of R'Chel.

But seeing as how he might be sticking around longer, just give him a solo or something. Don't need him on a team book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    A Cyclops solo
    Why do you want Scott to suffer?

About the topic itself, give him something on an AU just so he doesn't break anything and no writer can fix it,since people would lose their minds at anyone going against the God Emperor.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Why do you want Scott to suffer?

About the topic itself, give him something on an AU just so he doesn't break anything and no writer can fix it,since people would lose their minds at anyone going against the God Emperor.
    Because Claremont writes the best brooding and sad Cyclops .

P.S: I'm joking, i would prefer him on satelite or Au title if possible when he can play with the less used toys.

BANNED

Cyclops wrote the last good (adult) Cyclops. If they have to bring the character back then let CC do it.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Give him a Magneto solo
    I would be totally in favor of this. Other than Cullen Bunn, he did more than any other writer to develop Magneto's story. And I think he would be perfect for carrying Magneto forward.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Going further on Magneto. Though Bunn wrote it, I wouldn't mind seeing Claremont expand on the story. Seeing Magneto's journey after MV, and the Brotherhood Bunn showed in chapter 33.

Though I don't know what type of book that would be best done in. It may have to be disconnected a bit if it's dealing with a future concept. Like the 2099 stories.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-02-2018 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    How Storm Got Her Groove Back

(Claremont's Storm walking away from everything since X-Treme/XSE)

Sign me up for that one!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Memoirs I haven't loved most of his work in years and rather read about behind the scenes dirt from decades ago

Cyclops wrote the last good (adult) Cyclops.
    Yeah, his autobiography was a hoot.

The reality is that while Lee and Kirby created the X-men, Claremont MADE them. And what he made was truly great. Just about everything we have today is built on his foundation and we shouldn’t forget that. However, fast forward 30 years and this is a different industry in a different time, and like the old saying goes: “You can’t go home again”. I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and wait and see how it turns out, but I’m not 100% confident.

Honestly, I figure if Marvel truly wanted to honour Claremont then they should have made him an editor or something. (And not necessarily in the X-line.)

But CC will always have a special place in my heart for the characters he created - and one in particular.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Not the X-men.

I honestly think he would be better on some of his other franchises, that he never got to spin around as much as the X-men: Captain Marvel (danvers), Spider-woman (definitively!), Shang-Chi (look it up...) and, of course, Iron Fist.

Spider-woman in particular could truly use his devotion, since she needs a big book once more, to keep development going.

I'm all for spreading him around. I think he could write some of those characters you mentioned. But I would love to see him co-write X-Men as a weekly book with some of the new writers. Like, sort of how he worked with a lot of his artists in the early days, bouncing ideas back and forth. Let them crank out some stories/scripts and then get those out to the artist a while in advance, so they can do 3-4 issues in a row, so the book has at least arc consistent artwork. If you combine Claremont's intimate emotional understanding of the characters and the slick styles of modern writers, I think you get a winning combination.

I think the problem with a lot of Claremont's most recent returns to Marvel have been because of them being alternate realities, or otherwise sidelined. I want to see him front and center again guiding a large swatch of characters across a couple books. Instead of weekly Uncanny you could instead have a Wolverine, Excalibur, New Mutants, and Uncanny all co-written by Claremont, in conjunction with other writers, so each book can have its own distinct, modern flavor, while still having a unified core.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Cyclops wrote the last good (adult) Cyclops. If they have to bring the character back then let CC do it.
    You're kind of right about that. Not sure if he's able to write him as good as he did since the last time, though :/
    Last edited by PrezValentine; 09-02-2018 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

(Claremont's Storm walking away from everything since X-Treme/XSE)

Sign me up for that one!
    This!

I’d love the vast majority of CC’s writing. Bring him back and give him THE core X-book with veteran X-Men.I think he’d rock it. Of he could do an additional book I’d love a Storm+Betsy+Wolverine special missions X-series.

I'm not sure if I want him back as a writer, I didn't like most of what he wrote in recent years but I could see him as an editor overseeing the X-Line.

BANNED

Well, as long as he stays away from Cyclops, I guess I don't really care.