View Poll Results: Chris Claremont's next X-project should be...

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • A core X-Men book as solo writer

    25 25.25%
  • Weekly Uncanny X-Men together with another 2/3 writers

    11 11.11%
  • A satellite X-book

    27 27.27%
  • A solo character X-book

    19 19.19%
  • An out of continuity or disconnected book

    30 30.30%
  • Other

    21 21.21%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 109
  1. #76
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    4,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post
    Yeah as lot of ppl are telling, nothing, I don't want him near my favs characters even if he is the person who made me love a lot of X-Men in the first place. He wrote a lot of shitty stuffs and keep bitching about his hatred about the old editors choice back in the 80's. So yeah, nothing.
    This is something I find so funny because fans are like "I LOVE this story arc" and he will say "yea I hated how that turned out I should've done it this way" and then say they want him back..lol

  2. #77
    Incredible Member Captain Nash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    707

    Default

    Claremont's original run is the gold standard of X-Men and quite likely all of Marvel, maybe even all of comicdom. I have a tremendous amount of respect for what he did for the franchise for and uninterrupted 16 years. That said, subsequent runs, for the most part, were less and less cohesive and interesting - the exception being that his third Uncanny run (2004 to 2006 I think? )was somewhat better than his second run in the books right at the turn of the century. I think that would continue to be true if he came back. I enjoyed X-men Forever for what it was, a huge What If? storyline. I think his writing, as good as it used to be, has become somewhat stale and misses the mark. He continues to go back to his old tropes when the events no longer call for it, or even make sense. He goes by his continuity more than actual continuity, ignoring recent past history for characters and events, at least to a degree, so that he can rely on his style of writing and his take on the characters. In short, he is stuck in his ways, and when he was for the most part the sole writing input in the books, his ways were great, and they were fresh. 30-40 years later, not so much. So no, I think he would be best used as an out of continuity book. Though I could see him being given a solo book and doing decently.

    I really do like the idea of him being an editor of the books though.

  3. #78
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Eagle
    Posts
    3,462

    Default

    Just let him and Alan Davis do Excalibur Forever like they want to.

  4. #79
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    3,276

    Default

    I voted 'Other" by which I mean 'Nothing'.
    The X-books have been plagued with Nostalgic Mediocrity for far too long. If they are rebooting the line then do so by going forward not re-living and re-hashing the past.

  5. #80
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    Claremont's original run is the gold standard of X-Men and quite likely all of Marvel, maybe even all of comicdom. I have a tremendous amount of respect for what he did for the franchise for and uninterrupted 16 years. That said, subsequent runs, for the most part, were less and less cohesive and interesting - the exception being that his third Uncanny run (2004 to 2006 I think? )was somewhat better than his second run in the books right at the turn of the century. I think that would continue to be true if he came back. I enjoyed X-men Forever for what it was, a huge What If? storyline. I think his writing, as good as it used to be, has become somewhat stale and misses the mark. He continues to go back to his old tropes when the events no longer call for it, or even make sense. He goes by his continuity more than actual continuity, ignoring recent past history for characters and events, at least to a degree, so that he can rely on his style of writing and his take on the characters. In short, he is stuck in his ways, and when he was for the most part the sole writing input in the books, his ways were great, and they were fresh. 30-40 years later, not so much. So no, I think he would be best used as an out of continuity book. Though I could see him being given a solo book and doing decently.

    I really do like the idea of him being an editor of the books though.


    that's the rumor, his work is the editor of the X-books

  6. #81
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Nothing. He made the X-men the juggernaut they are today but i feel he already gave everything he could to the x-men.
    Second to that. Claremont deserves a nice happy carefree workfree RETIREMENT.

  7. #82
    Incredible Member kevinism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    683

    Default

    He should be the editor. He can watch continuity and fix mistakes and help drive intricate plot points.

  8. #83
    Incredible Member Anodyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    542

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    He should be the editor. He can watch continuity and fix mistakes and help drive intricate plot points.
    Claremont as editor, with his knowledge of many of the characters? I'd be very okay with that.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

    "If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

  9. #84
    Incredible Member ClanAskani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    638

    Default

    Much of what editors do is mundane production tasks. What Claremont needs to be is a story consultant. I think the group of writers working on Uncanny would enjoy having his imput and having someone to mentor them. Some past writers maybe not so much.

  10. #85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    Much of what editors do is mundane production tasks. What Claremont needs to be is a story consultant. I think the group of writers working on Uncanny would enjoy having his imput and having someone to mentor them. Some past writers maybe not so much.
    Yeah, these days editors don't do much. I think he needs more of a co-writer position where he is more hands on with the stories/scripts.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

  11. #86
    Astonishing Member Wolfsbane's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,217

    Default

    I want him to have total control over the whole x-men line including satelite books.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Gambit, Angel, Iceman, Havok, Frenzy, Cecilia Reyes, Multiple Man, Feral, Skids, Rictor, Shatterstar, Sunspot, Cannonball, Magma, Moonstar, Karma, Warlock, Cypher, Penance, Quicksilver, Shard, Captain Britain, Cerise, and Gideon

    Favorite Titles: New Mutants, Excalibur, X-Force, X-Factor, Uncanny X-Men, X-Treme X-Men

  12. #87
    Extraordinary Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    5,723

    Default

    I would like Claremont do a Solo Book for Storm.
    MUTANT and PROUD
    #KRAKOA FOREVER

    #catchmutanthands

  13. #88
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    3,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Yeah, these days editors don't do much. I think he needs more of a co-writer position where he is more hands on with the stories/scripts.
    I wonder if his ego would allow him to work well with other writers, especially if they don't see eye to eye on a particular plot direction...as have been reported.
    Perhaps "In house Consultant" might be a better role?

  14. #89
    Ultimate Member Ambaryerno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    12,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I wonder if his ego would allow him to work well with other writers, especially if they don't see eye to eye on a particular plot direction...as have been reported.
    Perhaps "In house Consultant" might be a better role?
    It worked for Roddenberry.
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

    The New X-Men: Can't let you grow up because you make everyone look old. But we can sure as @#$% mindlessly kill you off for shock value!

    Pull List: N/A

  15. #90
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Imagi Nation
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I would like Claremont do a Solo Book for Storm.
    This was my first inclination, also. Seems like it would be a win-win.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •