Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Jock, Scott Snyder, Tom King, Greg Capullo and Jason Fabok are all in according to Bleeding Cool, who caught word at Toronto Fan Expo

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/09...o-jason-fabok/
    Woohoo!!!!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

There was a new post on the DC website today detailing creative teams.

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2018/1...iversary-books

Geoff Johns, Brian Michael Bendis, Paul Dini, Christopher Priest, Denny O'Neil, Neal Adams, Kelley Jones, Dustin Nguyen, and Alex Maleev were named.

Surprised to see no mention of either Scott Snyder or Tom King.

Tomasi seems to be introducing a new version of the Arkham Knight to the comics.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 11-15-2018 at 12:47 PM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I am now convinced that the 80 Years Special and the 'Tec 1000 will find a place in my collection !

Arkham Knight? Really? Feels a bit odd that this is the big Detective story that Tomasi is going to use. Everyone is going to associate the identity with Jason no matter what they do though.

BANNED

Its a strange choice to go with. But I guess since Tomasi wrote the tie inn comics he probably had ideas that he wanted to use but was ultimately shackled by the game's story developments.

Maybe it'll end up being similar to the comics Prometheus and Arrowverse Prometheus situation. Maybe Tomasi's Arkham Knight will be someone with legitimate history tied to Arkham, possibly similar to the Lady Arkham character from the Telltale games. So maybe Tomasi will abandon the militia angle and the evil Batman appearance.

Ofcourse there was an original speculation that Arkham Knight was supposed to be a clone of Batman with Talia al Ghul's DNA added. But admittedly thar would make him Heretic lite.

No Dixon or Nolan? dissapointing.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Shame there's no Grant Morrison.
    Yeah he said he didn't want to do any of the 1000's because he felt that he had said what he wanted to on those characters. He was also felt that if he forced himself to come up with something decent the likelihood was that he would get too involved and fail to stick to the short story guidline.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Yeah he said he didn't want to do any of the 1000's because he felt that he had said what he wanted to on those characters. He was also felt that if he forced himself to come up with something decent the likelihood was that he would get too involved and fail to stick to the short story guidline.
    Ah. Thank you. Hope we'll still be getting Arkham Asylum 2 and the Bat book Morrison was talking up before AA2

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    There was a new post on the DC website today detailing creative teams.

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2018/1...iversary-books

Geoff Johns, Brian Michael Bendis, Paul Dini, Christopher Priest, Denny O'Neil, Neal Adams, Kelley Jones, Dustin Nguyen, and Alex Maleev were named.

Surprised to see no mention of either Scott Snyder or Tom King.

Tomasi seems to be introducing a new version of the Arkham Knight to the comics.
    Still a shame there's no Grant Morrison. Glad to see Paul Dini there. Not keen on Snyder's post New 52 Batman works. Like Johns, Tomasi and Nguyen. Nguyen doing a Batman: Lil Gotham tale?
    Last edited by Batman Begins 2005; 11-16-2018 at 12:00 PM.

BANNED

Lack of Morrison is a gut punch and there were a bunch of other creators who deserved a shot a heck of a lot more than Johns and Bendis for sure. Overall, in the end I dont think it will be much different from Action 1000 creator wise(Snyder and King will likely be announced later) which is seriously lame and makes it automatically inferior to that one if I'm being honest. I can only hope that the lead story which introduces Arkham Knight will atleast be better than the one which gave us Rogol Zaar. I also feel that Tec 1000 will end up becoming a vehicle to push other upcoming stories:

Johns= 3 Jokers
    Snyder= Last Knight
    King= His Bane storyline
    Tomasi= His Tec run/Arkham Knight storyline
    If Murphy makes it then I expect the same for Curse of the White Knight

Priest's story is the one I'm looking forward to the most and I hope that he gets a proper gig within 2 or so years.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Lack of Morrison is a gut punch and there were a bunch of other creators who deserved a shot a heck of a lot more than Johns and Bendis for sure.
    Oh, you know for sure that none of them were considered / asked if they wanted to contribute?

(And didn't somebody previously say something about Morrison specifically said he didn't want to contribute to either Action Comics #1000 or Detective Comics #1000 for various reasons?)
    Last edited by MajorHoy; 11-17-2018 at 09:00 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Oh, you know for sure that none of them were considered / asked if they wanted to contribute?
    No but I find it hard to believe they didn't jump at the chance and if Bendis and Johns did then what does it say about this whole situation.

BANNED

Morrison said that short stories weren't his cup of tea but he also kept away from AC 1000 so there's a consistency there to his words.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    No but I find it hard to believe they didn't jump at the chance and if Bendis and Johns did then what does it say about this whole situation.
    There could be many reasons why if a writer or artist were asked they may have passed on the opportunity. They may have exclusive deals to work at other companies; schedules may not have permitted them to make the commitment; or many other things.
    Just because they aren't involved doesn't automatically mean they were dissed by DC. Until you talk to the people who are (or aren't) involved, it's a little premature to be more than simply disappointed they aren't in it.

The fact that Bendis has been with DC less then a year and is involved with both big deal anniversary issues is fucking ridiculous in my opinion.