Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Daniel Craig sucks at James Bond, but the producers fashion better movies around him.
    Pierce Brosnan was the best James Bond, but only Goldeneye had a good script.
    Superman Returns and Man of Steel were both good movies.
    Star Wars: Attack of the Clones was a good movie.
    Ann Hathaway was the best Catwoman. Michelle Pfeiffer was bad.
    Agree except for Superman returns and the last sentence Hathaway barely registered as a character. Actually I think the scripts for the Brosnan movies were typical James Bond fare.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 09-03-2018 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Ehh

I think most fans generally view the Bond’s as Connery or Craig in a pickem (I think Connery still gets the nod), Brosnan being the really good one with bad material, Moore being a cornerstone of the series for how long he played the role, and then Dalton’s viewed as a step above Lazenby. The big problem Dalton has is his two films were radically different so you get a lot of people who love one and hate the other. In my case that is living License to Kim and finding The Living Daylights to be the most absurd thing ever put to film
    I think Brosnan was the best Bond since Connery. He just looked and acted the part. Unfortunately they sort of run out of ideas during the time he was Bond. But in the first movie, the part where
    he is riding the tank and adjusts his tie. OMG! that was so James Bond. Could never get into Craig. To me he looks too much like Putin. He would have made a better Bond villain. Moore's movies
    were too silly. It seemed more like he was doing a parody of Bond. The rest of them and it's like "who?"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Never Say Never Again is a James Bond film
    Seriously? Nobody says it isn’t a quote “James Bond film” quote. It’s just not part of what is regarded as the official series or any of the timelines or canons involved. It’s a remake of another film due to a rights dispute.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Here we go, in no particular order...

- Batman v. Superman was a really good movie. It was not without its flaws but it was definitely better than many give it credit for.

- James Cameron has not made a good movie since Terminator 2.

- Outside of the first film and putting RDJ's awesome performances aside, the Iron Man series is the weakest franchise in the MCU.

- The Incredible Hulk is not significantly better or more worth-while than Hulk.

- Prequels are almost always a bad direction to go with a franchise.

- If Aquaman fails at the Box Office, Shazam and Wonder Woman 1984 will probably be the last DCCU films. I am less-than hopeful that Aquaman will be successful.

- The Last Jedi was the best Star Wars movie since Empire Strikes Back.

- There still has not been a great live-action version of Batman. While Christian Bale and Michael Keaton did admirable jobs and are fine actors, they were totally overshadowed by their villainous counterparts.

- Henry Cavill is an awesome Superman and people need to stop holding on to the Christopher Reeve version.

I'm sure I have more but that's a start.

Extraordinary Member

Eh Ben Affleck was the best Batman and Bruce Wayne.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    Here we go, in no particular order...

- Batman v. Superman was a really good movie. It was not without its flaws but it was definitely better than many give it credit for.

- Outside of the first film and putting RDJ's awesome performances aside, the Iron Man series is the weakest franchise in the MCU.

- The Incredible Hulk is not significantly better or more worth-while than Hulk.

- Prequels are almost always a bad direction to go with a franchise.

- If Aquaman fails at the Box Office, Shazam and Wonder Woman 1984 will probably be the last DCCU films. I am less-than hopeful that Aquaman will be successful.

- The Last Jedi was the best Star Wars movie since Empire Strikes Back.

- There still has not been a great live-action version of Batman. While Christian Bale and Michael Keaton did admirable jobs and are fine actors, they were totally overshadowed by their villainous counterparts.

- Henry Cavill is an awesome Superman and people need to stop holding on to the Christopher Reeve version.

I'm sure I have more but that's a start.
    i think WB has already accepted Aquaman probably won’t have amazing BO numbers and has shifted focus towards Shazam instead.

Incredible Member

I think the 2003 Daredevil film is great. Affleck and Duncan are really good in their respective roles.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Ragnarok felt like a rejected Guardians of the Galaxy script.
    I didn't like Ragnarok either tbh, On top of that i got no sense of space exploration and adventure from any of the guardian of the galaxy movies. On top of that i felt it was too self absorbed in it's "humor"

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Winter Soldier and Iron Man work well as entertaining action films. As political commentaries they fail. Iron Man fails to address the actual issues people have with the military industrial complex and Winter Soldier just uses a generic global conspiracy in place of simply showing SHIELD as becoming more extreme overtime.
    Agreed, i always felt hydra was a cop-out. It would have been more shocking if SHIELD was just being SHIELD.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post

I think The Terminator is better than T2. The first Terminator film was creepy as hell. The gritty flashbacks to the bad future that’s all washed out in a dreary blue night sky, with mounds of skulls everywhere. The sequels while entertaining has never tried to match that tone, not even the sequel T2 comes close

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Found footage style is still fun for horror films. Not for much else, but works there.
    I agree, i remember having a great time the first time i watched blair witch.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    It was a justified concern at the time of the casting. It was the first time Batman was going to be on film since Adam West. Keaton was only known for comedy. Burton was mostly known for strange comedy. And there were no details at all about what Batman 89 was going to be like when Keaton was announced as the title character. No stills. No nothing. Just a casting announcement.

Fans hoped it would be a fantasy drama. They feared, justifiably, that it would be a repeat of something that had worked, at least marginally, before. Only Burton knew what he had in mind, and only he knew what Keaton could really deliver, thanks to their work on Beetlejuice together.
    Keaton, at the time, was known as a second-tier comedy actor, on the cusp of being big, but not quite there, who was also trying to branch out a bit. IIRC, Burton and Hamm picked him for his work as a reluctantly recovering addict in Clean and Sober, which is about as heavy as drama gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    I think The Terminator is better than T2. The first Terminator film was creepy as hell. The gritty flashbacks to the bad future that’s all washed out in a dreary blue night sky, with mounds of skulls everywhere. The sequels while entertaining has never tried to match that tone, not even the sequel T2 comes close
    I'll second this.

(I also like Aliens more than Alien, but I'll admit that's about personal taste, not an assessment of quality.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Parker View Post
    I think the 2003 Daredevil film is great. Affleck and Duncan are really good in their respective roles.
    I enjoyed the Green Lantern movie a lot too. So it was shocking to read various articles later on telling me how terrible it was. Most the gripes were things I wasn't even aware of or
    cared about while watching it. So what if the suit was CGI, for example.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    I'll second this.

(I also like Aliens more than Alien, but I'll admit that's about personal taste, not an assessment of quality.)
    I think Alien is a far superior film.
    I like Aliens more though.