Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default How would you REMAKE crappy movies you've seen?

I'm still feeling the pain of watching MAC and ME (1988) last week. If I remade it :

Better animatronic effects for the aliens. Better plotting and characterisation - the family could have just lost the father to illness (instead of not explaining his absence). Mac has empathic abilities , he hones in on the boy's pain and identifies with his loss and THAT is why he sneaks into his car (not a goofy cartoony sequence on the highway).
    Maybe have a sympathetic government agent guy (and not a clumsy cartoon buffoon) who explains to the boy that they could maybe use Mac's abilities to aid mankind and cure illnesses like the one that took his dad..

Megaforce (1982) - the team could use iron man type exo-skeletons (each with different abilities) that have a symbiotic connection with their vehicles. Show them actually saving women and children from dictators instead of just driving around the desert blasting away at nothing...

Superman IV : an animated DVD of this would be cool. Set it during a Trump/ N. Korea stand off. Supes destroys the nukes but is branded a dangerous traitor. Have Bizarro as they originally intended and fix China's Great wall with super speed NOT with magic eye powers!

What films would YOU fix?

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    I'm still feeling the pain of watching MAC and ME (1988) last week. If I remade it :

Better animatronic effects for the aliens. Better plotting and characterisation - the family could have just lost the father to illness (instead of not explaining his absence). Mac has empathic abilities , he hones in on the boy's pain and identifies with his loss and THAT is why he sneaks into his car (not a goofy cartoony sequence on the highway).
    Maybe have a sympathetic government agent guy (and not a clumsy cartoon buffoon) who explains to the boy that they could maybe use Mac's abilities to aid mankind and cure illnesses like the one that took his dad..

Megaforce (1982) - the team could use iron man type exo-skeletons (each with different abilities) that have a symbiotic connection with their vehicles. Show them actually saving women and children from dictators instead of just driving around the desert blasting away at nothing...

Superman IV : an animated DVD of this would be cool. Set it during a Trump/ N. Korea stand off. Supes destroys the nukes but is branded a dangerous traitor. Have Bizarro as they originally intended and fix China's Great wall with super speed NOT with magic eye powers!

What films would YOU fix?
    Well, I'd certainly turn the Green Hornet movie into a movie without Seth Rogan and with a Green Hornet that wasn't a complete waste of space.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Well, I'd certainly turn the Green Hornet movie into a movie without Seth Rogen and with a Green Hornet that wasn't a complete waste of space.
    This. That movie was ****.

I'd remake pretty much every MARVEL film since 1999-2000 to focus on greater character development across the respective ensembles, more diverse and risky storytelling, more seriousness and less chuckle-fests. For example, my X-men films would not simply be "Wolverine and His Amazing Friends," Stryker would lead the religious zealot group the Purifiers and not a paramilitary organization, and the X-men would interact more with regular humans who hate and fear them rather than Evil Mutants and the U.S. Government.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Quote Originally Posted by James T. Kirk View Post
    This. That movie was ****.
    I somewhat enjoyed it (loved that Kato) but yeah, Seth Rohan, what a terrible casting.

I'd probably just adapt the Green Hornet series Kevin Smith did and make it a tv show.

Superman returns would have adapted the Manchester black storyline instead of Lex luthor as the main villian.

Spiderman 3 would have focused on a different group of villians. Sandman/Rhino/vulture or New Goblin/Shocker etc.

Fantastic four 2 would have faced the frightful four instead of galactus.

Battle Royale 2: take out the atrociously bad teacher and have the finale be about the kids facing off against the adults in charge of the Battle Royale Act.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'd probably just adapt the Green Hornet series Kevin Smith did and make it a tv show.

Superman returns would have adapted the Manchester black storyline instead of Lex luthor as the main villian.

Spiderman 3 would have focused on a different group of villians. Sandman/Rhino/vulture or New Goblin/Shocker etc.

Fantastic four 2 would have faced the frightful four instead of galactus.
    With Spider-Man 3 I would have dropped Venom and Gwen all together. The former was a rush job that didn't get well with the rest of the film and Gwen was a non-entity. She's too important of a character to be used the way she was.

I'd remake Jumper with better actors. Hayden Christensen was hard to watch, Rachel Bilson is ok and Samuel L. Jackson was over-the-top. I really love the movie. I think the technicals of the movie are amazing (special effects, editing, locations, etc.) but the actors really drag the movie down. I heard that there were more books in the series for Jumper and it kind of bothers me that we may not get more of the series.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Invincible Member

The live action Ghost in the Shell...Set it in America. Lose the long lost love interest angle. Bring back the philosophical themes about consciousness, tech vs humanity, identity, etc. Bring back the background political turmoil.

I would have made it Batman and Superman: World's Finest, where from the very beginning Superman and Batman meet and work together for a common goal.
    Instead of just seeing a six year old banging two action figures together. Perhaps dealing with Brainiac or Mongul. Or even a better Doomsday. I would have left Lex
    Luthor out. We have already had him in four other Superman movies.

BANNED

I would have moved the color temperature slider a considerable degree to the right on the DCEU films. I would have used Denny O'Neill and Curt Swan for my inspiration for the lead characters and pretended Frank Miller didn't exist. I would have established what Wonder Woman's abilities actually are earlier in the film rather than revealing them at then end when it appeared she was just getting whatever new abilities she needed to carry the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    I somewhat enjoyed it (loved that Kato) but yeah, Seth Rohan, what a terrible casting.
    Is that a joke I'm not getting or just a typo?

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    The live action Ghost in the Shell...Set it in America. Lose the long lost love interest angle. Bring back the philosophical themes about consciousness, tech vs humanity, identity, etc. Bring back the background political turmoil.
    Why set it in America?

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I would have moved the color temperature slider a considerable degree to the right on the DCEU films.
    This.

I would have used Denny O'Neill and Curt Swan for my inspiration for the lead characters and pretended Frank Miller didn't exist.
    lol

Invincible Member

Why set it in America?
    It's an Americanized version regardless, why not go all the way? Plus, setting it in future America would add a different texture to the philosophical and political themes.

Is that a joke I'm not getting or just a typo?
    A typo and a weird one at that lol. The thingie who auto correct spelling must have betrayed me.

FOR LORD AND LAND!!