Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Child sex trafficking rings might work out better in Scarlet Spider or Venom, or in the books of one of Spider-Man's more anti-heroic allies that isn't necessarily also associated with a spider motif.
    I wouldn't let that story anywhere near a mainstream superhero book. For every writer who could pull it off, there are 200 who would turn it into a horrifying garbage fire. And once you put it in continuity, someone in the future is going to get the idea to dredge it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    I wouldn't let that story anywhere near a mainstream superhero book. For every writer who could pull it off, there are 200 who would turn it into a horrifying garbage fire. And once you put it in continuity, someone in the future is going to get the idea to dredge it up.
    Good point, such a story should be told maybe say in the pages of Batman but not Spider-Man.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

15 posts on One More Day were moved to a separate thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    mass murder. I don't want to see a somewhat cliche' throwdown where Peter has to hold back on a villain who "clearly" deserves a harsh end.

We've already seen the Sin Eater story years ago, which was handled well. I hope that there's no copycat.
    Do you think mass murder is a poor fit for the main title, but more plausible for a side title? The Sin-Eater saga occurred in a book that was modeled on crime dramas.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

How about large cosmic stories in his solo titles?

It makes sense when he is with the Avengers, but I don't know how a Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man would deal with the Builders all by his lonesome.

I understand that he is immensely strong, but does that mean he should be in cosmic stories? I think not.

Imagine if we had a Planet Spidey, no thanks, keep Spidey local because that is what makes him great.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Good point, such a story should be told maybe say in the pages of Batman but not Spider-Man.
    Even in Batman it'd probably be a dumpster fire. It's not that thematically different.
    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    How about large cosmic stories in his solo titles?

It makes sense when he is with the Avengers, but I don't know how a Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man would deal with the Builders all by his lonesome.

I understand that he is immensely strong, but does that mean he should be in cosmic stories? I think not.

Imagine if we had a Planet Spidey, no thanks, keep Spidey local because that is what makes him great.
    I hate those in general. It mandates a magic reset button or it ruins the shared aspect of the fiction.
    Last edited by marhawkman; 09-30-2018 at 09:57 AM.