Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I wonder what this is going to mean for the asgardians of the galaxy series.🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yes, that's Vance.

Isn't Gamora in her Requiem suit sans helmet there?

Re Nova, bear in mind Sam was depowered recently. He's just an unpowered civilian in Champions at the moment, the next arc in Weirdworld may end up giving him something new.

Yeah, people were surprised Beta Ray wasn't part of AOTG.

The Cosmic Ghost Rider book has it's own GOTG team - and it's roster (from the future) is Kamala Khan (Captain Marvel, with Steve's shield), Cable, Jubilee, Rocket (with Groot armor), and Howard the Duck (as Juggernaut). Since Cates writes that, could that be the new team?
    Other than cable, i hope not.😒

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    I just noticed no Starhawk/Aleta in the promo.
    Yeah, I noticed that too. I wonder why they're absent.

Mighty Member

Perfect choice. Cates makes so much sense for this. I mean he can write anything, but I think GOTG fits him very well.

I'm glad Duggan is off the book. I can't say I've ever cared for him. He's very dull and generic imo, which is a shame because he's been on properties I like for a while. I do like his Infinity Wars so far, though.

Cates is going to kill it. I really hope this leads us to a revival of a whole lineup of cosmic books, a la the Silver Surfer/Warlock/Nova/Infinity Watch etc batch from the 90's or something similar to the DNA era. Marvel definitely has the cosmic characters to support an entire imprint.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Wendell passed his powers on, only for his successor to get killed, so there's no Quasar at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Awesome. That means that the character's fanbase isn't split and Wendell benefits from the added character development of his replacement dying.
    That would be nice, but having read the full Secret Empire in TPB, it turned out she did survive getting eaten, not necessarily swallowed, by that Chitauri Leviathan, though she was in a coma for most of the story until issue 8 or so, where she helped shatter the Earth shield. Not sure what happened to her afterwards, though; she could've given the Quantum Bands back to Wendell, figuring she might not be as cut out for the life of a cosmic superhero as she thought she was.

Correction: She survived getting eaten by that thing, but she didn't survive her self-sacrificial charge to get the shield around Earth destroyed. So Digifiend is right, she's dead. As for Anthony W's idea, Wendell struggling with the belief that he got an inexperienced and unready person killed because he prematurely passed on his mantle and powers could be mined for excellent character development.
    Last edited by Huntsman Spider; 09-03-2018 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Self-correction
    The spider is always on the hunt.

On the plus side I think cosmic happenings are just Cates bread and butter so it's a great choice of writer to IP.

On the downside I'm a little bummed as it seems Asgardians of The Galaxy is now "hard coded" to be a mini whereas I has outside hopes that I might see my Angela in a regular series again if it did well enough.

Seeing that this is the same creative team that Cosmic Ghost Raider has, it wouldn’t be too far of a stretch to assume that he’ll join the Guardians.
    DC, please give Jonah Hex a new solo.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I wonder what this is going to mean for the asgardians of the galaxy series.
    A year and done. I think it'll run long enough to tie into Thor's War of the Realms event, and then end at the same time as Aaron's Thor run.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    I'm glad Duggan is off the book. I can't say I've ever cared for him. He's very dull and generic imo, which is a shame because he's been on properties I like for a while. I do like his Infinity Wars so far, though.
    I thought Duggan's run was fun and entertaining, or at the very least did a better job of melding the comics and movies into an engaging story then Bendis did.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought Duggan's run was fun and entertaining, or at the very least did a better job of melding the comics and movies into an engaging story then Bendis did.

I was really into it, but Infinity Wars has fallen pretty hard. It just feels weirdly inconsequential because it was clearly never intended to be a major event. I’m cautiously optimistic about this, but Marvel seems to have no idea what to do with their cosmic books. At least with GOTG Vol 3 being done for it will hopefully put an end to the movie synergy mis-characterization.

BANNED

It's weird that they're showcasing cosmic characters here and yet Mantis, Starhawk, Bug, Angela, Stardust, the Guardians of Infinity etc. aren't shown at all. Anyway, I kinda hope that the team isn't limited to the characters in the teaser, because I'd love to have Mantis or JUGGERDUCK on a Guardians ongoing

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

There's over 30 people on that poster, they aren't all on the team, it's asking who of those heroes will be on it? So they have seven weeks to give us clues to narrow it down before the January solicits are released.
    Maybe they keep the Legion of Super Heroes or Green Lantern Corp feel and keep all 30+?

That said, it's pretty sad that you can have that many characters and not have one person other than Galactus that actually interests me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    On the downside I'm a little bummed as it seems Asgardians of The Galaxy is now "hard coded" to be a mini whereas I has outside hopes that I might see my Angela in a regular series again if it did well enough.
    I don't see any reason why a relaunched GOTG book has to mean an end to the ASGARDIANS OF THE GALAXY book. The teams are different enough that they aren't automatically redundant. They might need to be relaunched with a different title perhaps (maybe just shorten it to ASGARDIANS and leave it at that).

We've had books for multi-coloured teams of X-Men, and books for various different Avengers teams. I think two separate cosmic books with such very different set-ups should not be a huge problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Correction: She survived getting eaten by that thing, but she didn't survive her self-sacrificial charge to get the shield around Earth destroyed. So Digifiend is right, she's dead. As for Anthony W's idea, Wendell struggling with the belief that he got an inexperienced and unready person killed because he prematurely passed on his mantle and powers could be mined for excellent character development.
    Our even better she comes back "wrong" and becomes a villain who blames Wendell for what happened to her.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

You thinking Avril could be a potential new Captain Marvel rogue?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman