Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Batman TAS Blu-ray restoration

Good thing i pre-ordered on amazon which is now 86 bucks and i can't wait to watch them all in quality new HD and it looks amazing on this intro. You think it was a brand new show! it's almost like me being 11 years old again when it first aired on Fox and being a teen again when the 4th season aired on WB.

Spectacular Member

They deliberately made the “original” on the right to look all blurry. Here’s a more apt comparison:

Quote Originally Posted by FBarnhill View Post
    They deliberately made the “original” on the right to look all blurry. Here’s a more apt comparison:

I knew I wasn't tripping, it wasn't even that blurry on my Granny's old floor TV.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FBarnhill View Post
    They deliberately made the “original” on the right to look all blurry.
    Depends on what you're playing them on.

I just dug up my old DVDs, and they do look blurry as hell on my huge tv, but okay (but not great) on my much smaller computer monitor.

It was the same with Avatar: The Last Airbender, which was barely watchable anymore on DVD, but looks amazing on the new blu-ray.

Spectacular Member

Watching the new blu ray discs the clean up is amazing.

I'm up to the episode "Two face" and loving revisiting the series. Some of these eps I'd forgotton how good they are.

The only extras I've seen are the Bruce Timms I trod which at the moment all seem to be saying "this next episode isn't very good, the series gets better" which is surprising considering how damn good the episodes are.

I was slightly confused that Robin is established very early in ep 2 and then not seen again until ep 24. Yet we have eps like The forgotton which have Alfred as the only possible back up.
    Reading between the lines I coukd say Dick is at college but surely in an episode like the Forgotton Alfred woukd call on Robin instead of flying the batting himself?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by riddler123 View Post
    Watching the new blu ray discs the clean up is amazing.

I'm up to the episode "Two face" and loving revisiting the series. Some of these eps I'd forgotton how good they are.

The only extras I've seen are the Bruce Timms I trod which at the moment all seem to be saying "this next episode isn't very good, the series gets better" which is surprising considering how damn good the episodes are.

I was slightly confused that Robin is established very early in ep 2 and then not seen again until ep 24. Yet we have eps like The forgotton which have Alfred as the only possible back up.
    Reading between the lines I coukd say Dick is at college but surely in an episode like the Forgotton Alfred woukd call on Robin instead of flying the batting himself?
    For that reason of Robin not being in so many episodes of season one was why FOX ordered for Robin to be in all episodes in season 2 hence the title change to The Adventures of Batman & Robin.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
    For that reason of Robin not being in so many episodes of season one was why FOX ordered for Robin to be in all episodes in season 2 hence the title change to The Adventures of Batman & Robin.
    I'm not surprised. They should have put the robin eps all after Robins Reckoning on the dvd so it made sense.

I'm up to the cat and the claw and enjoying the eps immensely.

Those look great! I reckon I might have to get the set.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Those look great! I reckon I might have to get the set.
    Truly a work of art. I am up to The mechanic and loving it. There are so many eps I'd forgotton about. Paging the Crime doctor has a particularly lovely ending. While almost got 'I'm is great fun!

I'll be honest with you guys. I'm not really someone who can usually see that much difference in remasters like this unless there is a side by side comparison. Maybe if I go back to an earlier version it will hit me, but usually I don't notice much. This set absolutely has blown me away. Just from the opening WB logo it is night and day what previous versions have looked like. I thought at first maybe they just inserted a fresh HD logo; but, no, the opening theme and then the episodes themselves are just as clean and fresh. It is amazing how good this set looks. I almost didn't buy it because I though "eh, I've got the DVDs and I probably won't see that big of a difference". Man am I glad I forked out the dough.

Got my set today and looking forward to seeing the difference. The comparison's with the old DVDs is the one of the few times I have noticed a difference.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaled View Post
    Got my set today and looking forward to seeing the difference. The comparison's with the old DVDs is the one of the few times I have noticed a difference.
    I'm on disc 7 . "Make am laugh" which is a great episode. Though the guess who the villain will turn out to be is somewhat obvious from the title.

All in all the set is shaping put to be a treat. Best batman since the 66 series with Adam West.
    On to Deep Freeze now with my second fave villain (after the riddler) Mr Freeze. Shame both these villains only have 3 apperence over the whole 109 episodes. Is it too late for a revival?

Nice! I didn't know about this blu-ray release. I never bought the original DVD sets (But I do have Superman: TAS, Batman Beyond, and JLU)......So I figured I'd order this right now on Amazon, along with the blu-ray set of Avatar: The Last Airbender. I do have the DVD set for Avatar, but it had poor quality graphics on DVD and the blu-ray set fixed those issues.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

let me guess... they left out Mask of the Phantasm... that's cold

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    let me guess... they left out Mask of the Phantasm... that's cold
    Mask of the Phantasm and Mr. Freeze are both in there.....I think they left out Mystery of the Batwoman.