Default Jason Lee Scott vs Adam Park

Round 1: Human form. No morphs.

Round 2: Jason as Red MMPR Ranger. Adam as Black MMPR Ranger.

Round 3: Jason as Red MMPR Ranger with Dragon Shield and Dagger. Adam as Black MMPR Ranger with Overdrive Defender Vest.

Who wins?

Swiss army nerd

I'm gonna go clean sweep for Jason here, though I'm not sure about the capabilities of the Overdrive Defender Vest.

Jason is basically the only guy as good as/maybe better than Tommy. Give them similar powersets and I think Jason is too much for Adam, as much as I love him.

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
    I'm gonna go clean sweep for Jason here, though I'm not sure about the capabilities of the Overdrive Defender Vest.

Jason is basically the only guy as good as/maybe better than Tommy. Give them similar powersets and I think Jason is too much for Adam, as much as I love him.
    I agree with this whole post, but it kinda seems to me that Adam isn't that far behind. He may be third compared to Jason and Tommy, but that ain't shabby by any means. Jason will sweep, but he'll still have to put in a lot of effort for the wins.

The only good part about the Turbo movie was that we got to see PR's top 3 fighters together in a martial arts tournament.

As for the vest, it offers increased protection and strength (necessary to brace against the recoil of the Drill Blaster). But the Dragon Shield looks way more versatile, able to ricohet blasts from Titanus, increase the striking power of the Power Sword and Dragon Dagger, and increase the Red Ranger's base stats. Plus, since Jason gets the dagger, he'll get a weapon that's strong enough to topple giants with energy blasts. If we give Adam the Drill Blaster that typically goes with the vest (even though Adam never used it), he won't be as fast or nimble as the dagger -- that recoil's going to be an important factor.
    Last edited by Cyke; 09-05-2018 at 02:24 PM.

Swiss army nerd

Oh, absolutely. I love Adam and he's in the top end of the PR fighters. Not a cakewalk for Jason, but he does take all the rounds.

Who do you think are, say, the top 10 PR fighters? If we say Jason-Tommy-Adam for top three...

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
    Oh, absolutely. I love Adam and he's in the top end of the PR fighters. Not a cakewalk for Jason, but he does take all the rounds.

Who do you think are, say, the top 10 PR fighters? If we say Jason-Tommy-Adam for top three...
    I think Chad is number four being able to best a demon twice unmorphed. Eric showed some impressive skills before he was a Ranger. Don't know about anyone else. I want to say Rocky is among them just for his sheer dedication to martial arts that you rarely see outside the Zordon Era.

I'd have to disagree. I'd put RJ, Jarrod/Dai Shi and Casey pretty high, able to solo armies, punch out animal spirits, and beat down leagues of enemies at seperate times.

Heck a pre training with Grizzaka Dai She was able to stomp eight Rinshi unmorphed in the time it took for his jacket to hit the ground, when the rangers had previously needed to morph to do so.
    There is no "overkill". There is only "open fire" and "I need to reload.".

I like to think the 90s was the time when comics hit puberty. They’d grown out of being endearing but hadn’t yet figured out where to channel their emotions to not be utterly whiny cocks. -Beadle