Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Default Potential Spoilers about Nightwing's New Direction

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/09...erse-spoilers/

"That, fresh from destroying Batman’s marriage to Catwoman in Batman #50, Bane has put a hit on Nightwing. And, without any cowl to protect him, Dick Grayson is shot in the head.

He lives. But has forgotten everything.

And rather than resolve this in an issue or two, this will be the new ongoing status of Dick Grayson. Dealing with the real world trauma – and without a super-filled Sanctuary to make him feel better."

huh.jpg

They just did an amnesia story with Bruce a few years ago. I just feel like this is going to be one of those stories and status quos that we are going to look back at as being really dumb. Feels like they really have no clue what to do with his character.

uhh, interesting?

Isn't this the second time Dick has been shot in the head and lived? Does Dick have a skull made of steel or something?

I'm guessing this story will play out as another identity crisis thing, used to reiterate who Dick Grayson is, why he is, and should be Nightwing, the importance of the relationships in his life and how they shape him, so on and so forth.

Maybe if DC would stop rebooting we could stop retreading old ground.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    They just did an amnesia story with Bruce a few years ago. I just feel like this is going to be one of those stories and status quos that we are going to look back at as being really dumb. Feels like they really have no clue what to do with his character.
    This was my exact thought. Heck, I think there's going to be an Aquaman amnesia arc playing out around the time this will happen .

I would rather this "be dealt with in an issue or two" in King's Batman than "explored" by Percy in Nightwing. King could do it more justice in two than Percy could in twenty.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 09-03-2018 at 10:45 AM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Astonishing Member

I'm intrigued but I can see this having a Grayson effect where the fanbase is instantly turned off because of the status quo being heavily upturned.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

I like the idea of Bane going after Dick but I don't like the idea of amnesia.

Real World for everyone. Yipee

I get drawing attention to an important real world issue but it when over done it starts to feel like exploitation.
    Last edited by dietrich; 09-03-2018 at 11:09 AM.

Percy is not elegant enough a writer to carry this story and I am immediately not interested in the bike race that goes nowhere for an amnesia plot directly related to Batman. Dick Grayson constantly suffers at the hands of some Batman event because everyone views him from the Batman’s Sideckick angle. When was the last time Dick Grayson got better after interacting with Bruce Wayne?

Fantastic Member

So Dick will no longer be the leader of Titans, right?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Let the 'Dick being told his name and thinking someone's being rude' jokes begin!

...also I call him being captured and someone chopping his arm off and attaching a metal one and- wait, wrong universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Onthetrapeze View Post
    So Dick will no longer be the leader of Titans, right?
    Good point! Would he even still know who they are? Titans can't ignore this.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Good point! Would he even still know who they are? Titans can't ignore this.
    Why not?
    I haven't been reading the book, but has Titans ignored any other developments with the characters in other books?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

If we doing this whole Bane is destroying Batman on multiple levels thing, I like the idea of him targeting the Batfam too. As for how its going to be executed, well... guess we'll just have to wait and see.

What will this mean for his role in the titans comic? i suppose it doesn’t matter, as i’ve droped it.