Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Lmao at the people complaining about King infusing "too much realism" into superhero comics here. Amnesia exists in the real world, but it is a trope far more common in fiction and fantasy than real life. This might be a dumb idea, but not for that reason. I get that it has become the go-to lazy complaint to throw at King because of Heroes in Crisis, but c'mon. There are plenty of valid criticisms that may be made about King's writing, but conflating "edgy" with "realistic" is misguided.

Like the concept of people complaining that a character developing amnesia is too realistic is just hilarious to me. Imagine this being said for any other medium, like a TV show or something. It's dramatic. That's some soap opera material.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Why not?
    I haven't been reading the book, but has Titans ignored any other developments with the characters in other books?
    I don't know, this one seems too significant to be ignored...

Quote Originally Posted by Onthetrapeze View Post
    I don't know, this one seems too significant to be ignored...
    Darkside War ignored the entirety of the DCYou status quo changes like Truth era Superman, BunnyBats, and Finch's Wonder Woman.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Darkside War ignored the entirety of the DCYou status quo changes like Truth era Superman, BunnyBats, and Finch's Wonder Woman.
    Well, Wally and Roy have already disappeared from current Titans.
    Last edited by Onthetrapeze; 09-04-2018 at 11:45 AM.

Forgotten everything of what? Because he seems to be running around in costume still.

Hear me here.
    What if these rumours are for real and he does get amnesia, but the writer plays it in a different way than usual. Dick gets amnesia, but for whatever reason (because he gets stuck with Vicki, who discovers his identity just before he gets hit or shot or whatever), he chooses to pretend he's the same, playing hero with his team, in his city, with Vicki assisting him, while he has to work towards recovering those memories in a brainstorm and, and the same time, he's being chased by someone? That's a lot of stuff going on: he has to play a role he doesn't know the script for without anyone (family, allies, enemies) noticing; he has to stop some villain or villains that are changing him, he has to chase his own memories, and he has to deal with Vicki not messing up his identity, not abissing him, or whatever the conflict for that thread could be. I think something like that could work well for twelve issues and it could also touch a bunch of nice themes.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 09-03-2018 at 01:46 PM.

Hey, at least someone is trying to come up with something. Honestly the situation wasn’t too different then with Grayson. With something bad happening to Dick elsewhere forcing a new direction. Good or bad, i rather they try new directions then not. If it sucks, it suck. But I still would rather they try things then just spin the wheels with Nightwing.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Hey, at least someone is trying to come up with something. Honestly the situation wasn’t too different then with Grayson. With something bad happening to Dick elsewhere forcing a new direction. Good or bad, i rather they try new directions then not. If it sucks, it suck. But I still would rather they try things then just spin the wheels with Nightwing.
    Isn't the mobile headquarters a direction already? I thought he was supposed to be going cross-country or something.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Maybe he'll finally start going by Rick.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Maybe he'll finally start going by Rick.
    Why would he do that?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/09...erse-spoilers/

"That, fresh from destroying Batman’s marriage to Catwoman in Batman #50, Bane has put a hit on Nightwing. And, without any cowl to protect him, Dick Grayson is shot in the head.

He lives. But has forgotten everything.

And rather than resolve this in an issue or two, this will be the new ongoing status of Dick Grayson. Dealing with the real world trauma – and without a super-filled Sanctuary to make him feel better."

Attachment 70286

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    Leave him alone
    to torture some other hero

I guess it will be up to Babs to heal him

he cannot lead Titans with this status so how is that suppose to work is he leaving TITANS right before titans airs and gets its sales booth, becasue I frikin droppin it
    Last edited by Rac7d*; 09-03-2018 at 03:39 PM.

I think its about time Dick starts wearing a helmet
    He is pretty susceptible to lethal shots with just his mask for protection

Astonishing Member

This feels like the editorial heard all 'the Nightwing is boring' complaints and are trying to make him 'interesting' in a really questionable way.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    If we doing this whole Bane is destroying Batman on multiple levels thing, I like the idea of him targeting the Batfam too.
    Didn't they already do "Death of the Family" with Joker instead of Bane in the New52?

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I think quite a few people tried their best to forget about the Finches' Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    I think its about time Dick starts wearing a helmet
    He is pretty susceptible to lethal shots with just his mask for protection
    I didn't realize eye masks were a type of body armor.
    Heck, I thought masks were to protect secret identities! (I know, such a dated concept that's so last century!)

Originally posted by Zaresh
    Hear me here.
    What if these rumours are for real and he does get amnesia, but the writer plays it in a different way than usual. Dick gets amnesia, but for whatever reason (because he gets stuck with Vicki, who discovers his identity just before he gets hit or shot or whatever), he chooses to pretend he's the same, playing hero with his team, in his city, with Vicki assisting him, while he has to work towards recovering those memories in a brainstorm and, and the same time, he's being chased by someone? That's a lot of stuff going on: he has to play a role he doesn't know the script for without anyone (family, allies, enemies) noticing; he has to stop some villain or villains that are changing him, he has to chase his own memories, and he has to deal with Vicki not messing up his identity, not abissing him, or whatever the conflict for that thread could be. I think something like that could work well for twelve issues and it could also touch a bunch of nice themes.
    Then that means either you or Percy is a fan of Anne Perry's Inspector Monk Novels. As that is the exact premise of the novels. She did finally have Inspector Monk recover his memory but he spent several novels hiding it from friends and family and from the police force he worked for before he became a private detective.