Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Darkside War ignored the entirety of the DCYou status quo changes like Truth era Superman, BunnyBats, and Finch's Wonder Woman.
    With good reason.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    With good reason.
    to be fair darksei war mentioned what happened to superman at the end.

Bane targeting those closest to Batman? Makes sense.
    Dick going through the over used amnesia trope? Do we have to?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRodriguez09 View Post
    So I guess Bane sucks at head shots.
    Yes, but he's great at barbering for the Marines.

Amazing Member

Maybe Percy's already planned for this. After all, aren't all of Dick's memories stored in the 'chip' that Batgirl plucked out of him last issue?

Mighty Member

Finally caught up and this is whats going on. We just had Bruce with Amnesia not too long ago. Only upside is if Dick gets kicked out of Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Hey, at least someone is trying to come up with something. Honestly the situation wasn’t too different then with Grayson. With something bad happening to Dick elsewhere forcing a new direction. Good or bad, i rather they try new directions then not. If it sucks, it suck. But I still would rather they try things then just spin the wheels with Nightwing.
    With Grayson he was also put in a new environment which was a strong reason for the stories being good. I don't know if him having amnesia but still just lurking around Bludhaven really changes that much. This honestly just feels like they want to shake things up because he is stuck in a dull place knowing that in a year they are probably going to relaunch his series anyway and start over with something new.

Unless they use this as an opportunity to have him forget about Bludhaven and caring about the Titans team forever then maybe this is a great idea, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    Finally caught up and this is whats going on. We just had Bruce with Amnesia not too long ago. Only upside is if Dick gets kicked out of Titans.
    My thoughts exactly.

I wish i could forget the Titans, LoL.

Fantastic Member

Dick is better off without the titans. it looks like DC active wants that franchise to fail. I never seen a company try their hardest to destroy their own intellectual property. I am also not convinced the batman franchise would do any justice to nightwing has a character going forward. this story proves it, Dick is just a glorified sidekick.

Yeah this is just DC's rehash attempt at a Born Again type story
    Nightwing is not the character this will work with because he's not really a gritty street level hero.
    Maybe if this was a deconstruction of that story and how amnesia makes Dick into that type of hero it could be good but I don't see how this adds value to Dick

Bane is 3/3 against the Bat family so far its not even a contest anymore

It was never a contest, Tom King has written THE WORST interaction with the Bat Family, At least Death Of The Family left them complain about how Bruce treated them, with King they are Nastolgia or Canon Fodder. I am tired of Dick Grayson’ Story changing because of what happens in another book it just reinforces that he is a sidekick with no potential. There are stories in Dicks Star Spangled Comics issues where he was blinded, deafened, and stranded on a Island and none of those stories required it to be caused by Batman’s Super villains which is what every alteration in his life comes from.

Urgh, I didn't come back from my comics time out for this.

Apart from Amnesia being just one big cliché, it could be alright? I honestly don't find a lot of appeal in Percy's writing but who knows.

I'd wish they would scratch "Who is NW?" and go with "Who's NW with others?" and "What are they for him?". If #47 was all about saying Dick's the center of the universe, DC could try to show us for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Yeah this is just DC's rehash attempt at a Born Again type story
    Nightwing is not the character this will work with because he's not really a gritty street level hero.
    Maybe if this was a deconstruction of that story and how amnesia makes Dick into that type of hero it could be good but I don't see how this adds value to Dick

Bane is 3/3 against the Bat family so far its not even a contest anymore
    We have a winner!

When I got the job, we talked about Batman: Year One and Daredevil: Born again as our ideal aesthetic for the series and he captures that perfectly.
    - Percy, screen rant interview

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    It was never a contest, Tom King has written THE WORST interaction with the Bat Family, At least Death Of The Family left them complain about how Bruce treated them, with King they are Nastolgia or Canon Fodder. I am tired of Dick Grayson’ Story changing because of what happens in another book it just reinforces that he is a sidekick with no potential. There are stories in Dicks Star Spangled Comics issues where he was blinded, deafened, and stranded on a Island and none of those stories required it to be caused by Batman’s Super villains which is what every alteration in his life comes from.
    Thas been Tom King's entire career in a nutshell

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Urgh, I didn't come back from my comics time out for this.

Apart from Amnesia being just one big cliché, it could be alright? I honestly don't find a lot of appeal in Percy's writing but who knows.

I'd wish they would scratch "Who is NW?" and go with "Who's NW with others?" and "What are they for him?". If #47 was all about saying Dick's the center of the universe, DC could try to show us for once.

We have a winner!

- Percy, screen rant interview
    Sounds like it would be a double-dosed dark and gritty story.
    Last edited by Onthetrapeze; 09-04-2018 at 08:18 AM.