Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    What's wrong with Dick? It's classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    it qould be so weird
    They won't change it, but no one under 50 these days is going to go by Dick if they are named Richard. It'd be Rich or Richard.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Bane being a threat in other Bat books? Cool.
    An amnesia story? Meh. It just has been done so many times in superheroes comicbooks that I can't feel the idea appealing, though that doesn't mean the story can't be great.
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Fantastic Member

honestly this could have been an interesting story but the problem is that percy is writing it, the guy has a subtlety of a sledgehammer, not to mention that he will most likely just give us more dick/babs nonsense, he more or less has implied that you can't tell dick's story without barbra which is horsesh*t and it annoys me to no end everytime someone says that, i remember when NW movie was announced and there were a bunch of people in the comic community who said it has to have barbs because you can't tell a NW story without barbs and i'm like what the hell, they weren't even a thing for most of dick's history, hell kori is more important to dick's character then barbs and you can most certainly tell a dick grayson story without kori

Quote Originally Posted by Lazurus33 View Post
    This is the kind of thing that I expect from Jason not from Dick..

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    This is the kind of thing that I expect from Jason not from Dick..
    But haven't the former Robins lost some of their distinctions since back in the New52 that carried over into Rebirth? Being closer in age to each other than they originally were doesn't help to separate them from the way they were back in the pre-Flashpoint days.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But haven't the former Robins lost some of their distinctions since back in the New52 that carried over into Rebirth? Being closer in age to each other than they originally were doesn't help to separate them from the way they were back in the pre-Flashpoint days.
    True in many sad ways, but Nightwing at least still has his own logo to display.

It just occurred to me, if Dick can't remember anything i guess that pretty much ends Percy's Dark Web plot line. Dick won't be a data mine anymore. Thats kind of rough. I really enjoyed the Annual, and was actually looking forward to more of the Dark Web.

Incredible Member

I hate the idea of injuring a character as a substitute for growth, but we'll see. I don't love the direction of the title post-Seeley, who wasn't perfect himself but best since Grant Morrison, Peter Tomasi and before that Chuck Dixon to write the character.

Nightwing should essentially be a team-up title with the rest of the DCU, like a Brave & Bold starring Nightwing + guest stars.

I don't understand why DC keeps trying to make Nightwing into Daredevil when he's clearly Spider-Man. He is chatty and goofy, theoretically young and relatable despite living in absurd circumstances. Nightwing brings the humanity out of the god-like beings, including Batman, that populate the DCU. Dick Grayson was created as a sidekick, evolved as a teen team leader. He is a social character who works best paired with others. Dick is the Dynamic Duo, and doesn't necessarily need the Dark Knight to work as an opposite.

Damian/Robin
    Babs/Batgirl
    Jason/Red Hood
    Tim/Red Robin
    Helena/Huntress
    Superman
    Roy Harper
    The Titans
    Supergirl
    Night Runner

Nightwing should be leading Batman Inc., teaming up with Bat and DCU heroes, pulling off mission impossible espionage sneaky stuff with wit and grace. Nightwing should be cool but for some reason DC is always reducing him or knocking him down.

Quote Originally Posted by gregpersons View Post
    I hate the idea of injuring a character as a substitute for growth, but we'll see. I don't love the direction of the title post-Seeley, who wasn't perfect himself but best since Grant Morrison, Peter Tomasi and before that Chuck Dixon to write the character.

Nightwing should essentially be a team-up title with the rest of the DCU, like a Brave & Bold starring Nightwing + guest stars.

I don't understand why DC keeps trying to make Nightwing into Daredevil when he's clearly Spider-Man. He is chatty and goofy, theoretically young and relatable despite living in absurd circumstances. Nightwing brings the humanity out of the god-like beings, including Batman, that populate the DCU. Dick Grayson was created as a sidekick, evolved as a teen team leader. He is a social character who works best paired with others. Dick is the Dynamic Duo, and doesn't necessarily need the Dark Knight to work as an opposite.

Damian/Robin
    Babs/Batgirl
    Jason/Red Hood
    Tim/Red Robin
    Helena/Huntress
    Superman
    Roy Harper
    The Titans
    Supergirl
    Night Runner

Nightwing should be leading Batman Inc., teaming up with Bat and DCU heroes, pulling off mission impossible espionage sneaky stuff with wit and grace. Nightwing should be cool but for some reason DC is always reducing him or knocking him down.
    so what you're saying is that Nightwing should be more like his young justice self ( you know his most mainstream version) but more solo with guest than a team. I agree. Just instead of Batman inc. It,s JL or Spyral.

BANNED

I am surprised to see this as a Bane vs Nightwing story. I am also surprised to see them NOT putting Nightwing in the Sanctuary. Of all the titles NOT tying into the Heroes in Crisis series.

BANNED

Its not a Bane vs Nightwing story. Nightwing will face Scarecrow and then face the dark web again. He'll simply be injured by KGBeast on Bane's orders.

BANNED

I think Bane should go shoot Tim Drake instead.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I think Bane should go shoot Tim Drake instead.
    The hate is strong in this one.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I don't mind the sniping because that's actually one of the more realistic things that can happen in this genre. Like, why they haven't tried that before? I mean either KGB or Bane are strong enough to take on Nightwing, and both of them will be an intense battle against both Batman and Nightwing, but yeah, just shot him. Way more efficient and keep his plot hidden.

The amnesia... I'm more like, ehh... because it's such a soap and it's been done to Bruce and Jason. I'm admittedly more curious when it comes to Dick because he has people closely connected to him. Bruce too, but Snyder was so focused on Duke, Julie and Alfred that other writers have to pick up the slack.

I guess I trust Seeley more than Percy because he's been including Bruce, Babs, Helena, Jason, Titans, and Spyral in his run so I know if he's the one to do it, I'm guaranteed to see the reaction. Plus, he'd be working in sync with King.

Percy so far has only focused on Babs, but sounds like he'll make the run to be about an examination of the character's history from Robin to Agent 37, and I'm all about that. So my interest is on the median.

Oh and they said this is the new status quo. Pfft yeah right. I'll give it an arc. A year at most, if Titans can afford losing their cover boy.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 09-08-2018 at 11:24 AM.