Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    BANNED

So Nightwing ends ? again ?.... I just want good Nightwing stories with Dick, i will be sad to see his book canceled again.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    So Nightwing ends ? again ?.... I just want good Nightwing stories with Dick, i will be sad to see his book canceled again.
    No, it continues. The next arc will be how he will solve mysteries while not remembering most of his skills

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    No, it continues. The next arc will be how he will solve mysteries while not remembering most of his skills
    Oh, that's great news

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Ah yes, the old "we want to tank this character's popularity, so we give them amnesia and change everything we don't like that fans did" gambit. Glad to see DC still wants to put out stories people /want/ to read as opposed to putting a gun to their favorite characters' heads and telling them "buy it or s/he dies."

Because they love the fans. Sorry, I'm finding it very hard to be positive about the last few months of DC news. Between Wally, Dick and Arthur, they're going out of their way to change everything I love about my favorites and this is no exception.

I don’t understand how Percy could have such a great GA run yet be so terrible on Nightwing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I don’t understand how Percy could have such a great GA run yet be so terrible on Nightwing.
    Simple, GA and Nightwing are very different characters.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

It's my opinion that his GA run was poorly written too, but was largely given a pass because of goodwill from Rebirth and the return of the Black Canary. It was still heavyhanded and had poorly written, overly expository monologues and diologues. I don't have the patience or budget for those comics anymore.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

This isn't coming from Percy.

Fantastic Member

Percy's run is improving. The Nightwing annual and #48 are better than the first arc.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Ah yes, the old "we want to tank this character's popularity, so we give them amnesia and change everything we don't like that fans did" gambit. Glad to see DC still wants to put out stories people /want/ to read as opposed to putting a gun to their favorite characters' heads and telling them "buy it or s/he dies."

Because they love the fans. Sorry, I'm finding it very hard to be positive about the last few months of DC news. Between Wally, Dick and Arthur, they're going out of their way to change everything I love about my favorites and this is no exception.
    The Wally one, yes, but I don't think that about this one. I believe that they believe this is an interesting new direction.

Empty is thy hand!

Quote Originally Posted by gregpersons View Post
    Nightwing should essentially be a team-up title with the rest of the DCU, like a Brave & Bold starring Nightwing + guest stars.

I don't understand why DC keeps trying to make Nightwing into Daredevil when he's clearly Spider-Man. He is chatty and goofy, theoretically young and relatable despite living in absurd circumstances. Nightwing brings the humanity out of the god-like beings, including Batman, that populate the DCU. Dick Grayson was created as a sidekick, evolved as a teen team leader. He is a social character who works best paired with others. Dick is the Dynamic Duo, and doesn't necessarily need the Dark Knight to work as an opposite.

Nightwing should be leading Batman Inc., teaming up with Bat and DCU heroes, pulling off mission impossible espionage sneaky stuff with wit and grace. Nightwing should be cool but for some reason DC is always reducing him or knocking him down.
    Good ideas. I've been saying for years that Nightwing is DC's Spider-Man but they just don't know it yet (and Didio certainly won't get it). They really could capitalize on the character and make him one of their marquee players, but they keep fumbling around like this.

In Star Spangled Comics he discovered small islands, Acted in movies, was a DJ, Set up a Boys & Girls Club, run contests test to award solving mysteries etc. Dick Grayson should be a Cultural Superhero

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    In Star Spangled Comics he discovered small islands, Acted in movies, was a DJ, Set up a Boys & Girls Club, run contests test to award solving mysteries etc. Dick Grayson should be a Cultural Superhero
    He should, but DC has a big case of A-P-A-T-H-Y when it comes to Dick Grayson. Now he'll probably get fat with a droopy butt as well as bald to turn off some more fans.

Quote Originally Posted by yash View Post
    honestly this could have been an interesting story but the problem is that percy is writing it, the guy has a subtlety of a sledgehammer, not to mention that he will most likely just give us more dick/babs nonsense, he more or less has implied that you can't tell dick's story without barbra which is horsesh*t and it annoys me to no end everytime someone says that, i remember when NW movie was announced and there were a bunch of people in the comic community who said it has to have barbs because you can't tell a NW story without barbs and i'm like what the hell, they weren't even a thing for most of dick's history, hell kori is more important to dick's character then barbs and you can most certainly tell a dick grayson story without kori
    I like Batgirl but agree that she's not as integral to Nightwing as Starfire is - she was on his team when he became Nightwing!

And Nightwing absolutely is DC's Spider-Man (along with Batman Beyond, occasionally)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    its gonna be one of those How did i do that quadruple somersault type of thing