Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    There should definitely be some among the Amazons.

If Superman is a super scientist, Supergirl should be too.
    I think it came up in Orlando's run that she had a higher understanding of science then most high school kids, because of her Kryptonian teachings, but I don't think it's ever been consistent (of course, neither has Superman's level of intelligence).
    Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I thought about Batgirl, and disqualified her as a tech user rather than a tech maker, but her Oracle incarnation probably counts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Does Felicity Smoak count?
    I don't think being a hacker or being proficient with computers automatically makes you a scientist.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Bumblebee and Dr. Light are all I got.

Are there any female superheroes/supervillians out there for whom being a scientitst/inventor is a main part of their schtick?

Seems like there's oodles of guy mad-scientists and guy wonder-makers. Ultra-Humanite. Mr. Terrific. Robot Man. Steel. Cyborg. Starman. Luthor. Brainiac 5. The Atom. The list seems endless, but always...guys.

I'm not talking about characters that use technology they got from somebody else, like Stargirl. Or even characters that know how to tinker with technology they got from somebody else, like Skyrocket. I mean ladies whose power is essentially creating gizmos that qualify as superpowers.

The closest that I can think of is Dr. Cyber. Others?
    Dr Light!
    Rocket
    Bumblebee
    Power Girl

For starters

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Dr Light!
    Rocket
    Bumblebee
    Power Girl

For starters
    Since when are Rocket and Power Girl scientists?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Mr. Terrific has worked with Power Girl as a scientist before.
    Snowflakes melt in flame wars.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Maybe he's referring to Tanya.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

The classic Power Girlwas a computer expert too.But I don't think that was a very used idea. She used her intellec in other ways,as in create an enterprise.

I think than the OP it means about superheroines and villainess than use her knowledge to create crazy machines and gadgets or by had invented her own superpowers.

Blue Snowman comes to my mind.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Retired

So no Jenet Klyburn. The thing is that's the first name that pops into my head when I think of a female scientist. She might not wear a super-costume, but she knew everything about everything. That makes her super in my book.

Even though she isn't in the physical sciences, I feel like Dr. Barbara Ann Minerva a.k.a. the Cheetah should count given that she's an anthropologist and archaeologist, which are social sciences.

Klyburn should count, too.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Are there any female superheroes/supervillians out there for whom being a scientitst/inventor is a main part of their schtick?

Seems like there's oodles of guy mad-scientists and guy wonder-makers..... but always...guys.

I believe Georgia Sivana was meant to be a super-genius-inventor on par with her mad papa.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    I believe Georgia Sivana was meant to be a super-genius-inventor on par with her mad papa.

Yup. Rock solid example.

Still in the minority.

Does the Dolores Winters version of the Ultra-Humanite count?

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    Mr. Terrific has worked with Power Girl as a scientist before.
    I'm not really sure the nu52 Kara counts as a scientist since she was basically selling reversed engineered Kryptonian tech (kind of like Bowie did in "The Man Who Fell To Earth"). But she must have had some understanding. I need to think about this. Feel free to try to sway me to one side or the other.

No Tina McGee?

Yup. Rock solid example.

Still in the minority.
    I thought these others already listed were already pretty "rock solid" examples, not sure by what criteria did you rule them out?

Challengers: June (Walker) Robbins (The Original, so of course current DC editorial and most fans are completely ignorant of her)
    Greatest authority in robotics" developed DCU's first AI, computer scientist, statistician, and archaeologist.

Bumblebee: Karen Beecher
    Completely self made heroine, computer expert, physicist, engineer, designed, all her own tech and weaponry.

Kimiyo Hoshi

June Robins does not have superpowers, none on her team do, yet they all function as a superhero team no less. And she is definitely presented as as self made computer and tech expert, she creates one the first DCU functioning AI. And it's that skill which gets her recruited to the hero team.
    Karen Beecher is a self made heroine, computer expert, physicist, engineer, designed, all her own tech and weaponry put into her hero suit and identity.
    And what's also great is she is not a distaff counterpart to an already existing male character, she is completely her own.
    Last edited by Güicho; 04-17-2020 at 06:13 PM.