Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Yeah, Iso counts too.

I would also add Toni Ho, the daughter of Ho Yinsen.
    Already mentioned, but she's great, so she can go twice. And come to think of it, Lila Rhodes from the short-lived Iron Patriot series starring Rhodey might count, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Already mentioned, but she's great, so she can go twice. And come to think of it, Lila Rhodes from the short-lived Iron Patriot series starring Rhodey might count, too.
    Yeah Lila is also a good option.

Has been mentioned the daughter of Blue Marvel? She works for Project Pegasus and made a small appearance in Ultimates.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Yeah Lila is also a good option.

Has been mentioned the daughter of Blue Marvel? She works for Project Pegasus and made a small appearance in Ultimates.
    No, I don't think she's been mentioned yet, but thank you very much for reminding me of her.

Doctor Nightshade is the first black female supervillain.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Doctor Nightshade is the first black female supervillain.
    And she definitely deserves a lot of credit for that, though I did like her partnership with Supreme Power's Nighthawk in the (unfortunately short-lived) series by David Walker. Should've had a crossover with Power Man & Iron Fist, as Walker was also writing that, and maybe even a Civil War II tie-in, as the idea of "predictive justice" getting abused to target people who are assumed to be inevitably and innately criminal out of simple prejudice would mesh well with the overall themes and ethos of the character and series.
    Last edited by Huntsman Spider; 09-03-2018 at 02:59 PM.

I'm honestly rather surprised that after all these years Susan Storm hasn't pulled ahead as a noteworthy Super Scientist. I mean, I guess it's not in her history, but I'm still rather suprised they didn't retcon it in that she was a genious in her own right to be more of a compliment to Reed.
    Last edited by GrandEleven; 09-03-2018 at 03:48 PM.

Boisterously Confused

If you look at these hard, most smart women that aren't Villians qualify as Bond's Q more than Iron Man or Ant-Man.

Hm.

This is a plot point in Unstoppable Wasp. Nadia is unhappy because you had to go a long way down the list of supergeniuses to find a woman. Until Moon Girl's debut (which was recent at the time), anyway. She met Mockingbird, who was pleased because Nadia knew her for her science, not for beating up things with sticks. Bobbi later becomes a mentor to the group Nadia sets up, Genius In action Research Labs (GIRL). The members of GIRL are all geniuses in different fields like Nadia, and when she later joins the Champions, she finds some more geniuses, engineer Riri Williams, who reverse engineered Iron Man's armor, synthezoid Viv Vision, who helped Riri make her current armor and is a living computer, and Amadeus Cho, the only male genius in her friendship circle. The Champions use GIRL as a support team behind the scenes (it was they who found the problems they went out to solve in issues 19 and 22), though they don't physically appear in that series. She's also worked with Toni Ho, who, just like Riri, also built her own armor and has been both Rescue and Iron Patriot.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Some names of "gifted" to genius level women or better, iirc. Funny how most are either X-women or practically goddesses.

Roma
    Sersi
    Thena (Azura)
    Dr. Minerva
    Mystique
    Morgan Le Fay
    Moondragon
    Sage (X-Men)
    Enchantress
    Talia Kruma
    Athena (goddess)
    Nox (goddesses)
    Dr. Adrienne Brashear
    Dr. Jeannine O'Connell (also Project Pegasus)
    Kitty Pryde
    Dr. Evelyn Necker
    Karima Shapandar
    Witchfire
    Hope Summers
    Illyana Rasputin (Magik)
    Red Guardian (Tanya Belinskaya)
    Dr. Maya Hansen
    Alyssa Moy
    Ruby Thursday
    Janet Stein
    Monet
    Stepford Cuckoos
    Anna Maria Marconi (Doc Ock's girlfriend)
    Geiger (Delilah Dearborn)
    Dr. Cecilia Reyes
    Arkea
    Selene Gallio
    Dr. Amara Perera
    Honey Lemon
    Toxie Doxie
    Dr. Kavita Rao
    Cybermancer
    The Beetle (Janice Lincoln)
    Lady Octopus
    Tarantula (Maria Vazquez)
    Ricadonna
    Sajani Jaffrey
    Madame Macabre
    Network (Valerie Martin)
    Madame Menace

If we're counting smarter than average citizens like Janice Lincoln then I guess Squirrel Girl and Ms. Marvel's civilian identities count as well.

Incredible Member

Perhaps a clearer definition would help?A re we talking about women who are actually scientists and have the title as a big part of their character, or are your talking about people who simply have above average intelligence.

Incredible Member

Adrienne Brashear (Blue Marvel’s daughter)
    That Indian woman from Marvel 2-in-one forgot her name.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

By the way, by "gifted" in my above list, I mean individuals who would be considered a prodigy/virtuoso/genius according to their natural intellect. Not just people who have advanced degrees, although many of them have doctorates and whatnot. (Speaking as someone who works all of the time with professionals with multiple advance degrees, true genius isn't as common as we think. )

So the answer is Yes and No

Yes. Marvel has seen a need for character like that and they pick Moon Girl who by canon in one of the smartest people( if not the smartest) in Marvel. Now it is bit of waste on 9 year old girl imo giving her that sort of push but that is type of thing need to change the discussion

No. Because you need a character that can seen on same egotistically footing as Iron Man, Reed, Dr Doom, Beast , Pym and Black Panther. Currently there is no woman in Marvel who easily jumps into that convo either due lack of recognition,character development or age.

The good news is as mentioned before Moon Girl, Valeria Richards, Nadia Pym and Riri Williams with some time will break into convo in serious way. Now the most serious contender imo is Shuri who is getting the same push that Moon Girl got but in cinematic universe. They are going to use her as the smartest character in the universe and it will trickle back to comic line .

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    So the answer is Yes and No

Yes. Marvel has seen a need for character like that and they pick Moon Girl who by canon in one of the smartest people( if not the smartest) in Marvel. Now it is bit of waste on 9 year old girl imo giving her that sort of push but that is type of thing need to change the discussion

No. Because you need a character that can seen on same egotistically footing as Iron Man, Reed, Dr Doom, Beast , Pym and Black Panther. Currently there is no woman in Marvel who easily jumps into that convo either due lack of recognition,character development or age.

The good news is as mentioned before Moon Girl, Valeria Richards, Nadia Pym and Riri Williams with some time will break into convo in serious way. Now the most serious contender imo is Shuri who is getting the same push that Moon Girl got but in cinematic universe. They are going to use her as the smartest character in the universe and it will trickle back to comic line .
    Ah Shuri, can't believe know one mentioned her until now.

Also your right, I don't think any Females has reached the same egotistically footing as Iron Man, Reed, Dr Doom, Beast , Pym and Black Panther. Unfortunately I can't see they ever will, in the cinematic universe sure but in the comics where people don't age much or really retire, I can't see a women being added to the list.