Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best Batman stories in the last decade outside the ongoing books?

As the title says, what are your favorite Batman (or Batfamily) stories in the last decade published outside the ongoing books. Limited series, one-shots, OGNs...?

* Batman, The Dark Knight: Cycle of Violence - Batman, The Dark Knight #10-15
    * Batman & Robin: Batman Impossible - Batman & Robin Annual #1
    * We are Robin - We are Robin #1-12
    * Batman: Gates of Gotham - Batman: Gates of Gotham #1-5
    * Poison Ivy: Cycle of Life and Death - Poison Ivy: Cycle of Life and Death #1-5
    * Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1-6
    * Batman/Elmer Fudd Special - Batman/Elmer Fudd Special #1: Pway For Me + Rabbit Season
    * Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures - Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures #1-6
    * Killers-In-Law - All-Star Batman (Back-ups) #10-14

That's all I can think of from what I've read.

Astonishing Member

Batman: Earth One
    Batman: White Knight
    Batman: Noel

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Batman: Earth One
    Batman: White Knight
    Batman: Noel
    How could I forget Eart One !
    Can't wait to read White Knight.
    Noel wasn't that great, just a remake of a Christmas Carole.

Astonishing Member

Need to read White Knight.

I'll plump for:

Gates of Gotham
    Batman & Robin Annual #1
    Date Nights/Last Rights from Batman Annual #2

The A-stories in Snyder's All-Star Batman were all good as well, especially the first one, "My Own Worst Enemy".
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    The A-stories in Snyder's All-Star Batman were all good as well, especially the first one, "My Own Worst Enemy".
    No No No, not even the first one. Snyder has interresting ideas, but his stories unveals poorly with pointless endings. And none of the All-Star Batman are any better than his previous works. Even DC has cancelled the title after 14 chapters only !

I *think* this might have been in the last decade (if not, only a year or 2 off), but I always point people towards Batman: Jekyll and Hyde. It's my favorite Two Face story, it really gets into the psychology of the character both before the accident and after. Very underrated mini.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Mighty Member

White Knight easily imo. I can't wait to read more stuff set in that universe. It's rich and interesting enough to support a whole imprint of books, which I think is what they are going for.

Joker by Azzarello is second and almost first. What in interesting premise and one of the most immersive bat stories (even though he's hardly in it, the other characters more than make up for it).

Batman/Elmer Fudd was hilarious.

Penguin: Pain and Prejudice was engaging and the best Penguin story I've read.

Gates of Gotham was clever and included most of the Family in various ways.

Metal was all over the place and I THINK it made sense, but as far as just a fun, no-brakes thrill ride I really liked it. It's far from perfect but if you like popcorn action movies it's basically that. The dark hero/villain mashups were really fascinating for the most part, in their one-shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    White Knight easily imo. I can't wait to read more stuff set in that universe. It's rich and interesting enough to support a whole imprint of books, which I think is what they are going for.

Joker by Azzarello is second and almost first. What in interesting premise and one of the most immersive bat stories (even though he's hardly in it, the other characters more than make up for it).

Batman/Elmer Fudd was hilarious.

Penguin: Pain and Prejudice was engaging and the best Penguin story I've read.

Gates of Gotham was clever and included most of the Family in various ways.

Metal was all over the place and I THINK it made sense, but as far as just a fun, no-brakes thrill ride I really liked it. It's far from perfect but if you like popcorn action movies it's basically that. The dark hero/villain mashups were really fascinating for the most part, in their one-shots.
    Off course I forgot Pain and Prejudice. But for sure the best Penguin story. I would also add Joker's Asylum: The Penguin as another excellent Penguin story:

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    No No No, not even the first one. Snyder has interresting ideas, but his stories unveals poorly with pointless endings. And none of the All-Star Batman are any better than his previous works. Even DC has cancelled the title after 14 chapters only !
    He rarely sticks the landing as well as he could, but I still thought there were enough great stuff in those stories to make them highly worthwhile. The rehabilitation of KGBeast alone!
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Extraordinary Member

Batman - The Dark Prince Charming
    The Dark Knight Returns: The Last Crusade

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    I agree with All-Star Batman, disappointing to his previous in the Black Mirror, Gates of Gotham and the New 52.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Batman - The Dark Prince Charming
    The Dark Knight Returns: The Last Crusade
    I'll second The Dark Knight Returns: The Last Crusade. That was a pleasant surprise.

Astonishing Member

Does Flashpoint Batman: Knights of Vengeance count?