Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default 2019 GOTG relaunch : who else could they have?

Over at Newsarama.com . They have announced a GOTG relaunch with new members. 35 cosmic heroes are pictured.

It includes the Shiar, Star Jammers , Howard the duck and many others.

Who else could join?

Maybe :

Planet Terry with his lizard guy and robot woman friends (names?)

Flash Thompson Venom (not possible?).

There is a Super-skrull pictured too. Is it Xavin from Runaways? Karolina and some Majesdanians would be cool as would other obscure Marvel aliens :
    Warlock (new mutants) Kymelian and Snarks (power pack), "medusa" alien from Avengers - Cap returns issue.

OTHERS?

Yeah, not possible I'm afraid. Flash did get his powers restored by becoming Anti-Venom, only to get killed off in Amazing Spider-Man #800.

That Super Skrull isn't Xavin, it's the original one. He just recently showed up in Infinity Countdown and Doctor Strange (who took an Infinity Stone off him).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Instead of Galactus, why not add Epoch (who I would amalgamate with the World Tree) or the Living Tribunal to sort of shake things up? I just have a feeling that when you're a Guardian, you may have to cross swords with the Ravager of Worlds at some point.

As for characters that I'd like to see, I wish there were more characters on the poster who were created in the last decade or so. That poster, with a handful of exceptions, could have been drawn in the 80s or 90s and no one would be able to tell the difference. I get that Marvel is in full Legacy-MAGA-mode, but seriously, it wouldn't hurt to have at least one relatively new creation.

I also think that a full complement of Galactus' Heralds would have been nice, even if it means bringing back Air Walker, Anti-Man and others back from the dead. (That really should have been one of Galan's first acts as Lifebringer anyway.)

Oh, and can they toss in an Elder of the Universe or two? Surely, there is an Elder out there who lived forever spurred on by his or her desire to guard, protect, defend, promote order and justice, etc., etc. I wouldn't mind seeing a new original creation based on a noble pursuit like that.

Cammi

Quasar (Avril) - yeah she's "dead" but it would be sooooo easy to have her come back

Nova (Eve)

Mantis

Monica Rambeau

Captain Universe

Quasar: Wendell Vaughn can't run from his responsibility or put it off. He survived putting on the bands for a reason and unless he wants the deaths of anymore substitutes who were in over their heads on his conscience he needs to accept that.

Cap'n Reptyl: http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Reptyl_(Earth-616) They are going to need a ship and I'm sure the good captain would be more than happy to help one he figures out how he can use this situation to his advantage.

Ganymede: Introduced during the best Surfer run ever http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Ganymede_(Earth-616)

Nova: Sam Alexander. Every team needs a teen hero.

Mantis: Can't go wrong with Mantis
    Last edited by Anthony W; 09-03-2018 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Auto correct
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Sam was depowered in Infinity Countdown.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Whats happening to the Asgardians of the galaxy ?

MARRINA

Seriously, get her off Earth. She would be a perfect fit for GotG.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Whats happening to the Asgardians of the galaxy ?
    Nothing. It was probably always just meant to last a year and tie into War of the Realms, next year's Thor event. So the two will run side by side for at least eight months.

I think putting Justice would be super interisting, especially with the fact that Vance in the 1rst team of the GotG is a future version of him. Plus he is one of the closest friend of Richard Rider.

Actually I would love to see a sort of mix between the New Warriors and GotG.

Basically having in the team:

- Nova (Richard Rider)
    - Justice
    - Firestar
    - Speed Ball

then you put some cosmic Marvel characters and you are good to go !

Well I put Firestar and Speed Ball because they are characters who are close to both Richard and Vance, plus I need them on a team all four since a long time...

Plus having Firestar and Justice in the same team will put drama, plus I suppose what will happen in the current event will hurt Richard (I mean he lost his brother just before, and he is losing his girlfriend and probably more) a lot so having his closest friend here would be cool.

But welp that's an idea.
    Favorite characters:
    5 DC- Roy Harper, Donna Troy, Helena Bertinelli, Dinah Laurel Lance and Big Barda
    5 Marvel- Jean Grey, Richard Rider, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton and Angelica Jones

Pull List:
    X-Men Red, X-Men Blue, Old Man Hawkeye, Marvel Two-in-One, Aquaman, Mister Miracle, Mera Queen of Atlantis, The Terrifics and some more.

I didn't see Phylla-Vell anywhere. I know she's dead or in limbo or whatever, but that's an easy fix and Phylla is a great character with GotG pedigree. If not her, I'd accept Genis or Noh-Var.

If Marvel could figure out the right way to handle it this time around (which is a great big IF) I'd even entertain the idea of Carol Danvers being a Guardian again (though it'd still be a tough sell).

I think I saw Mantis in the background of the promo image (I think?), but if not she deserves a shot.

Terrax would've been an interesting possibility.

Monica and/or Blue Marvel would've been cool too.

I wouldn't argue with some Asgardians either; Sif, Valkyrie, Thor himself......hell, Jane Foster proved popular enough I doubt Marvel will let her sit on the sidelines for long and this could be a place for her.

What's ROM up to these days? lol
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Bring in some Eternals.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

IDW has ROM the Spaceknight which sucks since the Spaceknights were in Hickman's INFINITY.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I didn't see Phylla-Vell anywhere. I know she's dead or in limbo or whatever, but that's an easy fix and Phylla is a great character with GotG pedigree. If not her, I'd accept Genis or Noh-Var.

If Marvel could figure out the right way to handle it this time around (which is a great big IF) I'd even entertain the idea of Carol Danvers being a Guardian again (though it'd still be a tough sell).

I think I saw Mantis in the background of the promo image (I think?), but if not she deserves a shot.

Terrax would've been an interesting possibility.

Monica and/or Blue Marvel would've been cool too.

I wouldn't argue with some Asgardians either; Sif, Valkyrie, Thor himself......hell, Jane Foster proved popular enough I doubt Marvel will let her sit on the sidelines for long and this could be a place for her.

Too soon for Jane, she's currently depowered and undoing cancer treatment. She'll probably get her powers back during War of the Realms and then get placed on an Avengers B team (a new third book to run alongside Aaron's and West Coast) afterwards (Odinson remaining on the primary team).

Marvel's version of ROM is banned from appearing because Hasbro own him and IDW have his comic book rights currently.

Valkyrie is on the Asgardians of the Galaxy team.

Storm.

She's intimately involved with a variety of extraterrestrial species and empires. She's pretty much achieved everything she could on Earth, and her powers are now discussed in terms of being a goddess. I say the only way to make her a compelling underdog again is to put her in an entirely new element: deep space, without her team.

i would use all the characters from Earth who left for the stars.

After the last dozen of invasion they come back to protect the Solar System.

Kismet/her
    Moondragon
    Sundragon
    Alpha the Ultimate Mutant
    The Futurist
    The Enclave
    The Nest

the list could go on and on and on.

Then you use the big names to form The guardians.