Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    As for characters that I'd like to see, I wish there were more characters on the poster who were created in the last decade or so. That poster, with a handful of exceptions, could have been drawn in the 80s or 90s and no one would be able to tell the difference. I get that Marvel is in full Legacy-MAGA-mode, but seriously, it wouldn't hurt to have at least one relatively new creation.
    This would be nice and it isn't like there's nothing new they could draw from the last 10 years to add to the poster (other than Cosmic Ghost Rider, aka even more Punisher...). Even something like a Sam/Nova appearance (unless he's there and I just don't see him). 'Cause the Nova they do have looks like Rich or someone sporting the old look.

Low-key or not-so-low-key, I want them to resurrect Flash as Anti-Venom and put him back into space. (There's obviously nothing for him on Earth if all they really did with him was strip him of his Symbiote just to nostalgia it back to Brock, tease him with new powers and then kill him off like all my other favorite (meaning not Carnage) Symbiote characters...)

Another thing I would love to see in this new-era GOTG would be Hulkling taking up his new-ishly established role as Space King. That arc was a ton of fun in New Avengers, and now would be a good time to expound and follow through with that. If nothing else, he'd be more contemporary than most on that poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Sam was depowered in Infinity Countdown.
    Unless you're one of the ones who seriously believes he'll stay depowered forever, that means little, especially by the time this roles around.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 09-05-2018 at 04:08 AM.

Lyja.jpg

Lyja Lazerfist

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Is this a joke?
    No, I think it’d be a great new chapter for her.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Lyja.jpg

Lyja Lazerfist
    Indeed but not in that costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Indeed but not in that costume.
    Agree. I like the costume from her prior FF days. They should update THAT!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Someone mentioned Ultra Girl, which I think is a good idea.

Ditto with Midnight Sun, although I'd honestly consider modernizing his wardrobe a bit. His history, power and skill set fit perfectly. Not sure why, but he always makes me think of the Phantom Stranger from DC. Must be the hat. I can already hear Starlord calling him Marvel's cosmic "slim with the tilted brim" as the bassline to Snoop Dogg's Who Am I (What's My Name) drops in the background.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 09-05-2018 at 10:38 AM.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    This would be nice and it isn't like there's nothing new they could draw from the last 10 years to add to the poster (other than Cosmic Ghost Rider, aka even more Punisher...). Even something like a Sam/Nova appearance (unless he's there and I just don't see him). 'Cause the Nova they do have looks like Rich or someone sporting the old look.

Unless you're one of the ones who seriously believes he'll stay depowered forever, that means little, especially by the time this roles around.
    That was definitely Richard on the teaser.

Sam's not getting his powers back until at least January (we already know what's happening in Champions up to December), so he'll definitely still be depowered when the GOTG relaunch hits. He's definitely not on the team.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

GOTG is January. That's probably six months before Jane's comeback.
    Oh, that early? I figured it'd be later in the year. Yeah, that's way too early (probably) for a Jane return. Not that I'm in a rush to see her come back in the first place; I enjoyed her but damn her story was better when it killed her.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    When someone puts on a cape with a high collar and a fedora and jump kicks the Silver Surfer in the face you don't ask questions. His name is Midnight Sun and he was adopted by Shang-Chi's dad and raised next to Shang-Chi as his brother. He also has links to Kang, The Kree, Skrulls and The Silver Surfer who he has fought multiple times. He is also from Africa and knowing Marvel that means he has probably run into a young Storm or Black Panther.

His entire family was killed in front of him and his face was horribly scarred during the incident but unlike The Punisher or Batman he didn't cry because he was too awesome. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midn...Marvel_Comics)
    Questionable fashion choices aside, he sounds like a badass. How have I never heard of him?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Questionable fashion choices aside, he sounds like a badass. How have I never heard of him?
    He only has only shown up a handfull of times.

Last edited by Zero Hunter; 09-05-2018 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    He only has only shown up a handfull of times.

Those covers are pop art masterpieces.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Scarlet Spider or Kaine could be on the team. They'd have a spider-man without THE Spider-Man being on the team.

I didn't see Bug on the artwork and given his history with the team, he'd be a must for me.

Beyond that, definitely agree on Midnight Sun. I'd also add in Torgo (classic Kirby design), Frankie Raye (back from the dead and with a new codename), Death's Head I, the Impossible Man, Captain Universe (the one from Hickman's run), and just because I want a really obnoxious jerk character, Xemnu the Living Titan.

BANNED

Mantis, Prism, Starhawk, Spectrum, Noh-Varr, Xavin, Stella Nega, Astrolabe, Aerolite, Captain Universe (Tamara Devoux), Nightmask, Cammi, Stardust, Sif, Lyja, Bug...

Really there are plenty of great options. I really hope that the new GotG is innovative and fresh, b/c I'm a little bored with the current incarnation. And I hope it isn't just a matter of keeping the bulk of the main team with one or two new members. I want a change-up.

Astonishing Member

That was definitely Richard on the teaser.

Sam's not getting his powers back until at least January (we already know what's happening in Champions up to December), so he'll definitely still be depowered when the GOTG relaunch hits. He's definitely not on the team.
    I mean, this is thread is pretty much a hypotethicals, wish-list thread anyway.

Also, Sam wouldn't need to be on the team to be a part of the story in a positive, respectable, and meaningful way (unless you think literally everyone, including the now-evil-again Galactus is going to be part of the GOTG team). Sam also wouldn't need to be part of first issue(s) to be a part of the story later.

Would be interesting to throw some underused/forgotten about X-men characters in with the new Guardians.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion