Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Darkseid stopped being scary post crisis when he became a villain that Superman on a descent day can punch out. I would have agreed Darkseid was scarier pre-Crisis, but he's been watered down quite a bit by a fair share of poor showing. Not that Thanos hasn't had his fair share too, but Darkseid didn't have a Starlin to retcon them as needed.

I think marvel overall does a better job of "protecting" their top tier villains (Doom, Thanos, and Magneto when he's actually a villain) than DC does overall.
    Morrison retconned the poor showings of Darkseid in Final Crisis by revealing that those were weaker avatars.

And i disagree about Marvel protecting Thanos since the editors seem perfectly okay with Bendis having Thanos getting repeatedly punched by lower tier characters like Namor, The Thing, Iron Fiat, Modern Drax and even Rocket freaking Racoon, when they normally shouldn't be able to hurt him.

This reminds me why i'm so glad Bendys Is working for DC now. We really need a return of the Thanosi to retcon his Thanos stories. (Avengers Assemble, Civil War II and his dreadful GOTG run)
    Last edited by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree; 08-09-2019 at 08:53 AM.