Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Here something else about death battle.

Ben 10 vs Green Lantern (Cartoon Network VS DC Comics) | DEATH BATTLE
    An Analysis on Ben 10 vs Green Lantern [DEATH BATTLE Debunked] Reaction!
    Note- this may go for mightyraccoon as well when it comes to certian battles.

Uganda Knuckles4 days ago
    Death Battle has been starting a horrible trend of spending misinformation due to only looking at scans. This leads to taking things completely out of context such as the Superman being Infinite despite failing against actual infinite beings like Darkseid who exist on many planes of reality which they barely got right as well.
    Plus, I hate this the most but Death Battle has real bad history with creating Frankenstein/Composite characters by mashing all the feats of Characters from different realities and even continuities. Makes it difficult telling the difference between these horrifying mashups and the actual character.

lou ruitatsu4 hours ago (edited)
    This was too inaccurate. Like seriously. For anyone who grew up with ben 10 knows the superior versatile function of the omnitrix would obiously protect ben from a lousy pair of scissors. And why did they put kid ben instead of teen Ben? That just seemed a little off to me. Also isnt there an alien that could phase through stuff? He could have phased through that aphere, transform to X and beat GL.
    I mean you said it yourselves that the watch could instantly turn ben into whatever alian he needed. This was basically a battle where you didnt include his other defense mechanisms, and this vid should be remade with more accurate take on Ben 10.
    Its funny how they blantly disregard everything they said about ben when explain why freaking gl won the damm battle. I mean geez,
    Im very disappointed.��

DeeTi Videos1 hour ago
    Yes Big Chill has this invincible form where he can absorb any form of damage and phase through any object

Sir xzombiexj1 hour ago
    I agree with Ben then being a kid. They just handicapped Ben really bad just for GL to win on a fluke.

Sir xzombiexj1 hour ago
    I knew for sure Ben 10 should've won. I wanted to see what's the reason GL lost to Ben 10 but as soon as I seen 10 yr Ben I knew these guys were biased I read that death battle tends lean on DC characters more than anything else, I didn't believe till now.

Tim Dinh29 seconds ago
    This is rigged and this is worst than the battle of Lara vs Nathan

An Analysis on Ben 10 vs Green Lantern [DEATH BATTLE]
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qmgzyv0uwGE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-jkS1zu5Cg
    and
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3meGRifraM

Last edited by mace11; 04-24-2020 at 10:07 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Here is some ScrewAttack's Thanos vs Darkseid chat

@almightyamortal:

SA mentioned that Darkseid has an advantage in speed and suggests, through their numerous conflicts with the superhero teams of their respective worlds, that they are comparable in other aspects.

#179 Posted by reikai
    And they are absolutely wrong. Darkseid is comparable to Supes in speed. Silver Surfer is much faster and Thanos slaps him around easily. The only one to ever actually blitz Thanos was the Runner with the Space Gem. And really, only because he allowed it, because Thanos wanted to defeat the Elders of the Universe through his superior cunning and intellect as opposed to just murdering them all through sheer force.
    And when Darkseid fights teams, he always has trouble with Superman. It's a constant. But Thanos? Thanos treats people on the same tier as Superman as annoying children. Even Drax at his most physically powerful, where he was gifted with infinite strength, was still no more than a minor distraction to Thanos.

@almightyamortal:

Thanos may have the advantage in the marvel universe, but only because the gauntlet is fully functional and could potentially protect him from the ALE.

#179 Posted by reikai
    The ALE can and has been resisted and Thanos is effectively impervious to mental effects unless he lowers his defenses to allow them or an extremely powerful artifact is in play. Like a Cosmic Cube. And all that did was weaken him enough to be restrained, not controlled. The ALE would have absolutely no effect on Thanos at all. This is a guy who takes the Penance Stare with his morning coffee.

@almightyamortal:

Unfortunately any avatar he defeats (which he should do so with a simple snap of his finger) , is not a true death battle victory, because Darkseid would still live.

#179 Posted by reikai
    And "true" Darkseid, isn't really any different from his avatars, making it pointless to even bring it up. Could just come back and say that wasn't the "real" Thanos. It was just a Thanosi clone Thanos was using to test Darkseid since he could already perceive the future through his Time Window. Then True Infinity Thanos steps in and pimpslaps Darkseid and the entire DCU.

@almightyamortal:

With the omega sanctions, Darkseid may be able to continuously shift Thanos through multiple realities

#179 Posted by reikai
    Which would have no effect on Thanos as he regularly travels through various realities and dimensions and can teleport freely. You can't BFR Thanos. Once again, making Darkseid's biggest assets completely useless against the Mad Titan.

@almightyamortal:

but with the time stone that seems unlikely, as he could simply manipulate time to avoid the beams.

#179 Posted by reikai
    Or Thanos just blocks them with his many shields or any of his own energy beams and offensive abilities. Thanos doesn't need the Time Gem, or any of the gems for that matter. His baseline stats completely overshadow Darkseid's.

@almightyamortal:

I don't agree with SA, showing that for reasons unknown he simply and foolishly walked through the boom tube.... nor would I be satisfied with another version where Darkseid, in his true form, enters the marvel universe to begin a fight that he may not win, especially after seeing the power of the gauntlet via the avatars.

#179 Posted by reikai
    And this is why most debaters and VS communities have the characters involved fighting in a Neutral Location that allows for all of their own personal abilities to function as per normal. They quite literally rigged the fight in Darkseid's favor and ignored everything about Thanos they could to dumb him down severely.

@almightyamortal:
    Now as for Thanos outmatching Darkseid, can you actually prove this?

#179 Posted by reikai
    It's been proven time after time after time. The biggest claims for Darkseid from DC fans are all pulled out of context and things that only happen due to a very specific order of events. Darkseid's not multiversal. He can't mind control billions on a whim. Nor can he withstand the sheer level of force that the Mad Titan has shown capable of numerous times.
    Every time we see a DC Future story, Darkseid is dead or non-existent. And the one time he was in the future, he lost hilariously easily. Future storylines in Marvel regarding Thanos? Everyone is dead or laid bare by the Mad Titan. In "Thanos Wins" we see this with King Thanos, who killed the entire Marvel Universe, abstracts and all. The Celestials, Galactus, all of them murdered by Thanos. Everyone from Captain America to Doctor Strange is slaughtered by Thanos. Black Bolt and the Hulk are ragdolls before Thanos. Old King Thor is no more a challenge than a disobedient child.
    When there is a future that involves Thanos, there is no future.

And the only one stopping this future from happening, is Thanos himself.
    So no. There is no stalemate. And there is nothing putting Darkseid above Thanos in any category. Thanos solidly outclasses him every time.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Here is some ScrewAttack's Thanos vs Darkseid chat
    I don't normally get involved in versus discussions, but I mean, a lot of these comments seem to just be people being mad that a character they liked lost to the point where they ignore the evidence that ScrewAttack did provide. I mean, they literally showed scans of the feats that both were capable of.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 04-24-2020 at 10:43 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I don't normally get involved in versus discussions, but I mean, a lot of these comments seem to just be people being mad that a character they liked lost to the point where they ignore the evidence that ScrewAttack did provide. I mean, they literally showed scans of the feats that both were capable of.
    Normally darkseid is not true darkseid.
    Most of the time he is an avatar and has varied versions.
    What screwattack needed to do was to have have canon avatar darkseid vs canon thanos.
    This is what you ignored as well.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forum...kseid-2024668/
    No More True Form Darkseid?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/CharacterRa...erman_singing/

Darkseid (avatar) new 52 for example and post-crisis is around the same strength as thanos normal but normal thanos is abit stronger however,so the mightyraccon vid is not correct.

It would be more correct if they were using pre-crisis darkseid vs normal thanos but it's not clear which version they are using here.

If they are using pre-crisis darkseid then it's the not version of darkseid that is not canon in comics anyway.

Anyway these fan made vids or non canon and not from marvel or dc anyway.
    It's one way of thinking what they think would happen and it does not make it true.

Some one could make a vid of wonder woman beating superman in fair fight and that would not make it true either.
    By the way thanos was not using the stone in vid. to boost his strength.
    He use it only few times for other thing not strength.
    If he use it for strength you would have seen it light up like what he did to captain marvel in endgame.
    These fan made vids are distorting the true current power of 616 thanos unfortunately to lot of folks now.

If you want to read and see how powerful true normal thanos is check out thanos comicvine and thanos marvel wiki and for darkseid powers dc prime earth wiki and darkseid comicvine.

By the way thanos has energy projection of his own projection just like darkseid.
    He does not need THE IG to fight the new 52 or post-crisis avatar (normal) darkseid.
    They around the same power levels and strength but i think thanos is little bit more powerful and stronger.

The cartoons have been more accurate for thanos then the mcu and the fan vids so far.

IG thanos is a higher level of power then avatar darkseid(post-crisis and new52 and rebirth),but not true darkseid.

Heart of the Universe of thanos is more powerful then any version of darkseid by the way but i don't that's canon to the 616 marvel universe to be fair.
    The IG should not be able to work in dc universe anyway but if in this works in this version then THANOS with IG should beat current normal(avatar) darkseid.

That's the one in canon right now,not pre-crisis darkseid,so mightraccon is just as inaccurate and incorrect as deathbattle.

This video talks about the thanos vs darkseid death battle at the end as well.
    Last edited by mace11; 05-06-2020 at 12:48 AM.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Good thoughts on the differences between Darkseid and Thano. The more I think about it, they aren't as alike at first glance.

Still, my Marvel bias shows a lot when I watch things like this. Spoiler alert, our favorite Mad Titan doesn't come out on top here:

Yeah, it makes sense and all, but man, the outcome really threw me off. For so many years on the message boards fans always said Thanos would always be the victor over Darkseid.

Haven't read what happened to Thanos after Hickman's Secret Wars. Has he been nerfed recently? Is he treading into jobber territory in the Marvel Universe?
    Because that's not Starlin Thanos but Hickman Thanos. The only way Thanos with the gems would struggle with Darkseid's physical form is nerfing the gems and making Thanos a reckless brute with none of the cunning he has under Starlin. And the worst part Is that's the definitive version of Thanos for casual fans.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

If we want to compare the Original Thanos, by Jim Starlin, with the Original Darkseid, by "King" Kirby, then I am here for it - though I have to admit, I have relatively minimal knowledge of Thanos compared to Darkseid.

Classic, Jack Kirby Darkseid almost never got into a straight up fight with anyone. He'd always either hit an opponent with his omega beams from a safe distance, or use some unforeseen weapon, or an ambush. At the end of New Gods vol 2, he tricked Orion into challenging him to single combat, and then dove out of the way as a firing squad turned Orion into Swiss Cheese.

...He got better.

But anyway, Darkseid's later immense physical prowess isn't really a thing in Kirby's original take, so I always kind of think that like, the New 52 version where he personally fights the Justice League all by himself, is pretty heretical. There are comics before then which frame Darkseid as a strong af, but to me Kirby is at the heart of the character, and even a great like Simonson kind of messes it up by having him fight Orion hand to hand. It's just not a Darkseid thing to do!

So what I'm saying is, maybe Thanos would lose to Darkseid's trickery, but in a straight fight, I feel like Darkseid would lose, and badly. But of course, Big D would never get into a straight fight to begin with!

But again, it's worth re-iterating - I'm only talking about Kirby's Darkseid here, not John Byrne's, Jim Lee's or even Walt Simonson's Darkseid.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Normally darkseid is not true darkseid.
    Most of the time he is an avatar and has varied versions.
    What screwattack needed to do was to have have canon avatar darkseid vs canon thanos.
    This is what you ignored as well.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forum...kseid-2024668/
    No More True Form Darkseid?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/CharacterRa...erman_singing/

This video talks about the thanos vs darkseid death battle at the end as well.
    Thank you. It's frustrating how so many people think Thanos Is ineffectual without mystical macguffins and dismiss the character as a ''simp'' and a Darkseid ripoff.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Kirby's Darkseid was the avatar of Totalitarianish, the worst traits of tyranny and slavery, amplified by 100. Darkseid's endgame is stripping free will from all living beings and turn everything into slaves. Everything must live and die for Darkseid.

Thanos is a different animal. He is someone who improved himself, to the point that he can fight cosmic being like Silver Surfer of All-fathers like Odin. His love for the Death and the desire for a good battle(although, not necessary a battle by brute force) put him in an interesting level. Also, i feel that Thanos was hurted by the nature of serialised comics, because him reaching the top of the cosmic food chain and later retiring as a farmer, was the proper end for the character.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    Kirby's Darkseid was the avatar of Totalitarianish, the worst traits of tyranny and slavery, amplified by 100. Darkseid's endgame is stripping free will from all living beings and turn everything into slaves. Everything must live and die for Darkseid.

Thanos is a different animal. He is someone who improved himself, to the point that he can fight cosmic being like Silver Surfer of All-fathers like Odin. His love for the Death and the desire for a good battle(although, not necessary a battle by brute force) put him in an interesting level. Also, i feel that Thanos was hurted by the nature of serialised comics, because him reaching the top of the cosmic food chain and later retiring as a farmer, was the proper end for the character.
    Agree. Although i think The End was also a good way to retire the character.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Agree. Although i think The End was also a good way to retire the character.
    Starlin's probably written at least 3 potential "endings" for the character. He's become a farmer, he's become a god, and I think at least one he ended up actually getting the girl.

But yeah... due to the serialized nature of the medium it NEVER ends.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Starlin's probably written at least 3 potential "endings" for the character. He's become a farmer, he's become a god, and I think at least one he ended up actually getting the girl.

But yeah... due to the serialized nature of the medium it NEVER ends.
    I think Marvel should stop using Thanos altogether. There are plenty of underused powerful antagonists like Graviton, Nefaria, Tyrant and Mangog that they could use as a measuring stick instead of another thuggish and poorly written version of Thanos.

Thank you. It's frustrating how so many people think Thanos Is ineffectual without mystical macguffins and dismiss the character as a ''simp'' and a Darkseid ripoff.
    And so many writers think Thanos is just a more violent version of Mongul.

Starlin's Thanos isn't like Mongul, like at all. Especially after he became a farmer.

BANNED

but is he not a simp though? Greatest simp ever, but still simp.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    For me the article’s definition and your definition are discussing entirely different things. You seem focused on stories with a cosmic backdrop or setting, the article is talking about a specific type of story. For example Star Wars just isn’t a comic story by that definition and I myself would never classify it as Cosmic.
    I think Tegan O'Neil with Cosmic wasn't referring to space opera stories but to a particular type of surreal (or trippy) stories where the main character interacts with abstract and metaphorical entities while contemplating spiritual and mystical themes.
    Basically the type of storytelling that Is parodied by Xavier Renegade Angel.

This means that Grant Morrison's Animal Man and Doom Patrol runs are cosmic. Neil Gaiman's Sandman is cosmic. Doctor Strange Is cosmic.

On the other hand Star Wars becomes truly cosmic only when the Force comes into play.

Docto

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    but is he not a simp though? Greatest simp ever, but still simp.
    He's a "simp" (that word will probably never stop reading to me as an abbreviation of "simpleton"...) only for Infinity Gauntlet, so if you hate "wants to bone Death", well, you stopped at the only story that contains it, really.

There's some affection shown later (mostly a lot healthier, after he does that final sort of expurgation during Infinity War in the Marvel Comics Presents side story I referenced briefly), but that's about it.

The "stronger than everyone else" is because he's not really designed to interact with everyone from Earth in the first place. He does go up against Galactus at one point and it takes every bit of scheming to place him in the place to...come to a standstill, basically, so that Galactus will stop and listen to him.

(most of the true "stronger than everyone else" comes from artifacts, which are used to serve story purposes)

All that said: not trying to tell you you have to like him more, less, or otherwise--just that "simp Thanos who wants to bone Death and is stronger than everyone else" really isn't the character he was written as, barring, well, The Infinity Gauntlet. And of course the whole thing is more muddled than that, as he's totally unaware (at that time) of how his own ambition is what curdles their hypothetical relationship (see: Thanos Quest)

He's really way, way more about planning than he is about being "stronger than everyone else". The Thanos Quest, as I noted above, really drives this home. He beats exactly zero of the elders with physical strength--it's all his cunning and insane drive and ambition.

the MCU argument for "balance" comes from Silver Surfer v3, #35 btw (which Starlin wrote).