Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
He's a "simp" (that word will probably never stop reading to me as an abbreviation of "simpleton"...) only for Infinity Gauntlet, so if you hate "wants to bone Death", well, you stopped at the only story that contains it, really.

There's some affection shown later (mostly a lot healthier, after he does that final sort of expurgation during Infinity War in the Marvel Comics Presents side story I referenced briefly), but that's about it.

The "stronger than everyone else" is because he's not really designed to interact with everyone from Earth in the first place. He does go up against Galactus at one point and it takes every bit of scheming to place him in the place to...come to a standstill, basically, so that Galactus will stop and listen to him.

(most of the true "stronger than everyone else" comes from artifacts, which are used to serve story purposes)

All that said: not trying to tell you you have to like him more, less, or otherwise--just that "simp Thanos who wants to bone Death and is stronger than everyone else" really isn't the character he was written as, barring, well, The Infinity Gauntlet. And of course the whole thing is more muddled than that, as he's totally unaware (at that time) of how his own ambition is what curdles their hypothetical relationship (see: Thanos Quest)

He's really way, way more about planning than he is about being "stronger than everyone else". The Thanos Quest, as I noted above, really drives this home. He beats exactly zero of the elders with physical strength--it's all his cunning and insane drive and ambition.

the MCU argument for "balance" comes from Silver Surfer v3, #35 btw (which Starlin wrote).
His cunning and their complete and utter stupidity.