BANNED

Default You recieve Five Gifts of Peace...BUT THEY AREN'T FOR YOU!

One day, a certain benevolent Goddess summons you to her abode in the geographic center of the world(apparently the SA government respects her enough to not just listen to her advice, but does her token favours as well...so they flew you to her, Business Class)

She asks you to be seated and rest when you get there, while she makes you some soothing tea(no ****, it "soothes" to the point you feel like you just woke up...)

After you're rested, she tells you how our world is a few things short; thanks to the last few decades of wanting to gather nothing but, well, stuff, we've more or less stuffed ourselves.

To that end, she creates five spheres right before your eyes. She explains that they are gifts for humanity, and that YOU must choose who recieves them. However, you cannot present them to yourself, or they will just disappear in a small, but nice, lightshow.

Also, one person to a Gift; you don't get to play All for One and stuff a single person full of attributes.

The Gifts of Peace are as follows:

Compassion.

Wisdom.

Knowledge.

Contentment.

And...

Patience.

You are compensated with a smaller sphere which contains a single-use boon, range of 3-foot radius around you. This boon can also be given, but only once (the Goddess assumes you are not greedy, so a token gift is all she gives...)

SO.

Who do you give each Gift to? ...and what do you do with your boon?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Seems sketchy to me. I'll pass.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Ultimate Member

Sounds like I'll be so rested that I'll just give out the gifts on a whim!

Logan Paul- Wisdom (i didn't even know about this boy until he filmed the dead Japanese person)
    Jeff Bezos- Contentment (those billions should go around dude)
    Kim Kardashian- Knowledge (then again, you can't get that rich without doing anything without any knowledge)
    Kim Jung Un- Compassion (this goes without saying)
    Vince McMahon- Patience (Cesaro deserves a push)

The boon for me, can i use it for anything?

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    One day, a certain benevolent Goddess summons you to her abode in the geographic center of the world(apparently the SA government respects her enough to not just listen to her advice, but does her token favours as well...so they flew you to her, Business Class)

She asks you to be seated and rest when you get there, while she makes you some soothing tea(no ****, it "soothes" to the point you feel like you just woke up...)

After you're rested, she tells you how our world is a few things short; thanks to the last few decades of wanting to gather nothing but, well, stuff, we've more or less stuffed ourselves.

To that end, she creates five spheres right before your eyes. She explains that they are gifts for humanity, and that YOU must choose who recieves them. However, you cannot present them to yourself, or they will just disappear in a small, but nice, lightshow.

Also, one person to a Gift; you don't get to play All for One and stuff a single person full of attributes.

The Gifts of Peace are as follows:

Compassion.

Wisdom.

Knowledge.

Contentment.

And...

Patience.

You are compensated with a smaller sphere which contains a single-use boon, range of 3-foot radius around you. This boon can also be given, but only once (the Goddess assumes you are not greedy, so a token gift is all she gives...)

SO.

Who do you give each Gift to? ...and what do you do with your boon?
    Not sure about the nature of this 'Boon', but if it works like I think it might, I'd use it to identify five children destined to become, in one way or another, significant or influential, future leaders or people who will do great things.

To each of these children, I would give one gift based on what would be more useful to them.

then I would wait and see what happens.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Yep, Tami's idea sounds like the best one to me. Use the Boon for foresight or the like to help choose the best 5 people to gift the other things to.
    ---

Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

I give the spheres to myself so that they disappear and use my boon to kill the Goddess.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    I give the spheres to myself so that they disappear and use my boon to kill the Goddess.
    The Goddess may very well have the ability to either resurrect(like Gil from SF) or reincarnate. Not that it matters, she'll very likely not be bothered and forgive you unconditionally.
    Last edited by T51R; 09-04-2018 at 10:24 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

The boon for me, can i use it for anything?
    Yup, anything within a 3-foot radius. So if you grant yourself omnipotence, you'll become Thanos who can only use the IG while standing straight up(since he's about 6ft wide...)
    Last edited by T51R; 09-04-2018 at 11:59 PM.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    The Goddess may very well have the ability to either resurrect(like Gil from SF) or reincarnate. Not that it matters, she'll very likely not be bothered and forgive you unconditionally.
    Just according to keikaku.

I distribute the gifts to a collection of monks. They'll use them to guide those that seek the path.

For my boon, I choose full enlightenment and the burning off of all my accumulated karma. When ready, I fade away and merge with the universe, replacing the clamor of earth with the song of stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    The adage, 'Nothing is free, everything has a price, especially magical wishes and supernatural gifts' holds true.

Doing it Sharkerbob's way might actually prove to be the most noble and heroic way of dealing with this situation. No matter who you give the gifts to, there is always a chance they will use those gifts to bring war and chaos to the world. Not giving the gifts may seem selfish, but in foresight it would ensure that potentially dangerous powers are kept out of the wrong hands.

Even if the person who receives the gift tries to use it for good, for peace, there could be an unforeseen price.

My way might work, but it's still a gamble. Sharkerbob's way ensures that the balance of power is not upset by the addition of this to the equation.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.