Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Cavill's definitely got the jaw down at least. I'm sure they'll probably dye his hair white and makeup the scars.
    I hope they tone down the ugliness of the witcher. As a gay guy I was turned off the entire witcher series by the prospect of having to look at Geralt for 40+ hours in the witcher 2. So what was assured to be a great game was shut down because of my own quirks/flaws as a human being wanting better looking main characters as my personal avatar.

The good news is it will take a lot of work to make Cavil look ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Whoa, that is really bad. Nevermind the somber and melancholy expression that mirrors his superman, I'll wait for a trailer for expression. Never mind how they naturally don't want to hide his "pretty" by not giving him a beard, lame but once again that can easily change in the show..what I can judge right now though? Is that crappy wig. It needs major work.

Fantastic Member

I don't understand the aestethics of these tv show people nowadays.

First starfire's crappy wig. Now this?

The beard's kind of optional in the third game at least, as it can be shaved off in the various barber shops in the game. Although the box art and other promotions pretty much all show him with the beard.

He only appears with a light scruff in the first two games, as well as the original TV show and most of the illustrations before the game series.

As for emotion, it's a bit of a tough call. It's stated in the books and games that Geralt's witcher training and mutation has suppressed his emotions considerably, but he's hardly completely stoic, especially when it comes to Ciri and co.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    Whoa, that is really bad. Nevermind the somber and melancholy expression that mirrors his superman, I'll wait for a trailer for expression. Never mind how they naturally don't want to hide his "pretty" by not giving him a beard, lame but once again that can easily change in the show..what I can judge right now though? Is that crappy wig. It needs major work.
    I have seen better cosplay than that. Granted Cavill is extremely hot and can get it any day of the week, but come on.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The beard's kind of optional in the third game at least, as it can be shaved off in the various barber shops in the game. Although the box art and other promotions pretty much all show him with the beard.

He only appears with a light scruff in the first two games, as well as the original TV show and most of the illustrations before the game series.
    That's true, so I'll live. It's that thinking from a marketing perspective I just go "Well of course they wouldn't give him the beard".

As for emotion, it's a bit of a tough call. It's stated in the books and games that Geralt's witcher training and mutation has suppressed his emotions considerably, but he's hardly completely stoic, especially when it comes to Ciri and co.
    Thing is there bad acting emotionless and nuanced emotionless, but once again I can wait for a trailer for an impression of that. Plus like you said when it comes to his gang, he has more pep in his step and emotes more than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    I have seen better cosplay than that. Granted Cavill is extremely hot and can get it any day of the week, but come on.
    No hyperbole, I have seen better cosplay than that as well. His hair doesn't even need to be that long, for one. He'd also still be handsome with facial hair, but if this is how they want to portray it, *shrugs*. Please just act well.

I can't believe a single pic of a stoic Cavill in character can send someone up a tree, but Boseman's rather wooden T'Challa seemingly drew wholesale raves. Then there's that Captain Marvel trailer.

The real problem with that pic is that Cavill looks like Legolas' bigger, hunkier bro. He needs the beard.

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    I can't believe a single pic of a stoic Cavill in character can send someone up a tree, but Boseman's rather wooden T'Challa seemingly drew wholesale raves. Then there's that Captain Marvel trailer.
    Wellllll T'Challa was better in Civil War to be fair.

I don't think Cavill is intolerable here, but I've seen this same pensive sigh from him as Supes. I'm not going to use this little nugget to judge his future, but as of right now my observations were "comfort zone" and "gaaad damn, that wig is fcked up".

Is there really an uproar on other media outlets?

Amazing Member