Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Wonder if Cavill's casting is one of the reasons for his rumored Superman departure (Scheduling/contract issues?)
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Wonder if Cavill's casting is one of the reasons for his rumored Superman departure (Scheduling/contract issues?)
    If Cavill is indeed no longer Superman I think he would be gone no matter what. It seems money is the main issue. By the time another Superman movie comes out the series will probably be over.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    After MoS Cavill has either "co-starred" or asked to cameo in a DC movie. WB's plans and faith about Cavill changed long before he signed on to The Witcher.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by abulafia View Post
    no, i donīt have problems with transgender people. i have a problem with bending a lore to a marketīs appeal--
    And it seems like the conversation is already over. If you've played all three games, then you don't get to play the traditionalist card, because the games are non-canonical. Sapkowski doesn't consider them relevant or complementary to his story at all. They're just a nice means by which he gets a fat royalty check directed-deposited to his checking account. Sapkowski also doesn't care about the so-called controversy. source

Anyone getting up in arms about this isn't doing it in defense of his stories, they're doing it because they're histrionic babies who think they're being attacked every time they're reminded that there's more than one variety of human in existence.
    Last edited by Handsome men don't lose fights; 09-12-2018 at 07:15 PM.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    And it seems like the conversation is already over. If you've played all three games, then you don't get to play the traditionalist card, because the games are non-canonical. Sapkowski doesn't consider them relevant or complementary to his story at all. They're just a nice means by which he gets a fat royalty check directed-deposited to his checking account. Sapkowski also doesn't care about the so-called controversy. source

Anyone getting up in arms about this isn't doing it in defense of his stories, they're doing it because they're histrionic babies who think they're being attacked every time they're reminded that there's more than one variety of human in existence.
    This is how I feel about this entire subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    In fairness, I think some of the grousing is residue from when there were complaints that Witcher 3 didn't have any POCs . . . which was just as stupid a complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    In fairness, I think some of the grousing is residue from when there were complaints that Witcher 3 didn't have any POCs . . . which was just as stupid a complaint.
    ?This was a thing? I'm a poc and I at least have the common sense when to question the diversity of a particular media. Every drop of The Witcher franchise is Polish so I wouldn't expect so much as a villager to even be a poc. Even though it's fictional it's still a period piece. It's fine either way.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    Every drop of The Witcher franchise is Polish so I wouldn't expect so much as a villager to even be a poc.
    Andrzej Sapkowski claims that his fictional universe is diverse in every way. There being zero POCs in the games means nothing because the games are not even remotely canonical.

Also, medieval Europe was a lot less white than Hollywood has traditionally shown it to be. It's also not a period piece because it is not actually set in medieval Poland. Period pieces don't have elves in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Andrzej Sapkowski claims that his fictional universe is diverse in every way. There being zero POCs in the games means nothing because the games are not even remotely canonical.

Also, medieval Europe was a lot less white than Hollywood has traditionally shown it to be. It's also not a period piece because it is not actually set in medieval Poland. Period pieces don't have elves in them.
    Interesting, I always did wonder there had to have been some crossover back then to an extent, in the end I never thought much of it. I stand corrected.

It's pretty simple. The author is involved in the television series. Everyone else should hold their tongue.

Sapkowski wasn't involved in the games (he sold the rights for a lump sum). The game was made by a Polish developer. People not from Poland should hold their tongues.

The rest is noise.

Loved the novels, greatly looking forward to the series.
    Ciri was always described as basically the female version of Geralt both in terms of looks and being a Witcher. If anything, making Yennefer black would be awesome. The books got very dark re: racism against non-humans, and I realize the analogy works to parallel real world racism. Having a racially diverse human cast waging war and micro-agressions against dwarves and elves and halflings etc. would be both hilarious and poignant.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Wonder if they'll explain the somewhat complicated backstory she has (Technically her real parents are the Emperor and his first wife-who has some magic bloodline-but due to helping them get married in the first place due to helping lift a "Frog prince" style curse Geralt rose their daughter as his own).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Good for him to have land that job. That being said, i really don't see him in that role. Like, at all.

Prove me wrong mr Cavill, please prove me wrong.

Director Chris McQuarrie on Henry Cavill's potential as an actor:

https://twitter.com/LinaDep/status/1042268117647413248