Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

The lunatic fringe is freaking out over another casting choice:

"The Witcher Netflix Show Just Lost The Fandom"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Why are you giving the lunatic racist ******* more views?

Anyway, his 'point' seems to be that it's all an SJWwoke conspiracy: outrage over casting Ciri as non-white will cause the show to fail hilariously, on purpose, for the sole reason of giving SJWs an excuse to write articles where they accuse racists of being racists.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

"The Witcher Netflix Show Just Lost The Fandom"

lololol I know that dingus. He came to Gencon last month and (allegedly) got starched by a guy he accused of being a pedo (while giving several differing accounts of what happened.) Now he's raising funds for a lawsuit that's never going to happen because there's been no charges filed.

*edited to remove opacity.
    Last edited by Handsome men don't lose fights; 09-11-2018 at 01:29 AM.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Why are you giving the lunatic racist ******* more views?

Anyway, his 'point' seems to be that it's all an SJWwoke conspiracy: outrage over casting Ciri as non-white will cause the show to fail hilariously, on purpose, for the sole reason of giving SJWs an excuse to write articles where they accuse racists of being racists.
    Yeah, sorry about that. But it was just so ridiculous and hilarious and I couldn't really think of any other way of showing off the nuttiness of those folk and their anti-black, anti-woman, anti-gay crusade.

There's an unconfirmed rumor that the casting call is specifically for non-white actresses.

No one working on the show has confirmed anything.

and there goes the invitable diversity debate. and i thought they´d race swap dijkstra!
    ciri! ofc. foolish me.

to a confused person: geraltverse has ZERO people of colour.
    (yes there are some pseudo-arabs in the east, but they don´t matter)
    elfs and dwarves and others are the minorities in this story.
    but now we´ll get black transgenderdwarvelfs! yay!
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by abulafia View Post
    and there goes the invitable diversity debate. and i thought they´d race swap dijkstra!
    ciri! ofc. foolish me.

Have you even played the Witcher games??

I ask because there's a gender fluid Elf in the Witcher 3.

Your problem with a possible "black transgender dwarf" (which seems you have more of a problem with transgender people) is very, very misplaced considering things like that are already existing in the universe. Oh and Ciri's sexuality is very fluid, so i fully expect to see that in the tv series.
    Last edited by Username taken; 09-12-2018 at 12:34 AM.

edit

ciri! ofc. foolish me.

why can´t people relate to fictional characters only if it represents their /race/gender/something/
    or is it only in the showrunner´s mind of what they expect from the market?

i can relate to shaka zulu or bp. i read and buy their stories. how is this guy wrong? ciri is this white dove or something.

pushing diversity while arguing about structural oppression is bullshit. white men are victims, too. ever heard of something called solidarity among the working class?
    if all white men were so privileged, why did marx even bother writing these books?
    and yes it is called INTERNATIONALE.
    diversity is a friggn tool of capitalism. expand the market. and if you care more about rewriting existing stories than real world problems, you maybe a tool too
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

The showrunner has quit Twitter due to the backlash.

https://www.themarysue.com/the-witcher-ciri-backlash/

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Have you even played the Witcher games??

I ask because there's a gender fluid Elf in the Witcher 3.

Your problem with a possible "black transgender dwarf" (which seems you have more of a problem with transgender people) is very, very misplaced considering things like that are already existing in the universe. Oh and Ciri's sexuality is very fluid, so i fully expect to see that in the tv series.
    no, i don´t have problems with transgender people. i have a problem with bending a lore to a market´s appeal. even if it is only imagined and could be perfectly fine adapted true to it´s original imagination

and yes i played witcher. read all books. that is why i said, non humans are the minorities.
    there are even progroms against non-humans
    Last edited by abulafia; 09-12-2018 at 12:44 AM.

Ultimate Member

no, i don´t have problems with transgender people. i have a problem with bending a lore to a market´s appeal. even if it is only imagined and could be perfectly fine adapted true to it´s original imagination

and yes i played witcher. read all books. that is why i said, non humans are the minorities.
    there are even progroms against non-humans
    Yes but there are LGBT people in the universe.

Having human minorities (of any kind) is not out of the realm of possibility at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Yes but there are LGBT people in the universe.

Having human minorities (of any kind) is not out of the realm of possibility at all.
    okay, i made up an imaginary front with transgenderdwarvelfs.
    the focus was on black. i apologize. i got a little angry when that youtube guy was called a "lunatic racist *******".
    i watched his vid this morning, there is nothing mean in it.
    he just states his opinion. there is nothing racist about whishing an established character be true to the lore.

it says alot about the people talking here, that they use such harsh words so easily, if somebody has a different opinion
    Last edited by abulafia; 09-12-2018 at 01:19 AM.

BANNED

okay, i made up an imaginary front with transgenderdwarvelfs.
    the focus was on black. i apologize. i got a little angry when that youtube guy was called a "lunatic racist *******".
    i watched his vid this morning, there is nothing mean in it.
    he just states his opinion. there is nothing racist about whishing an established character be true to the lore.

it says alot about the people talking here, that they use such harsh words so easily, if somebody has a different opinion
    I take it you have not looked at the rest of his channel...

Once again, it's an unconfirmed rumor.

In addition, Sapkowski is a consultant on the show. And he has said in the past - in answer to a general question about casting - that he's fine with multicultural casting . . . emphasizing that grappling with racism is one of the points of the books.

I would've preferred Mads Mikkelsen.