Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Cavill's definitely got the jaw down at least. I'm sure they'll probably dye his hair white and makeup the scars.
    Finding a very buff actor with naturally white hair, a bunch of facial scars, and wolf eyes would be... tricky.

I know a lot of fans wanted Mads Mikkelson for the role as well.

I'm curious what approach they take to Geralt. From what I've read of the novels, they seem to have him be a bit more formal and humble, whereas game Geralt is a bit more 'badass', more in the mold of say, Solid Snake.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I'm very excited for this. I know may man Henry will be great if the writing and direction is up to par.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I know a lot of fans wanted Mads Mikkelson for the role as well.

I'm curious what approach they take to Geralt. From what I've read of the novels, they seem to have him be a bit more formal and humble, whereas game Geralt is a bit more 'badass', more in the mold of say, Solid Snake.
    I haven't played Witcher 3 (just 1 and 2, lack of time sadly these days) but I don't think the differences are that glaring. Or maybe, if I'm missing them, they perhaps they can be accounted for by the in-game amnesia in Witcher 1.

Also there are differences in the stories. In the first couple of books chronologically (short stories/novellas for the most part) he's often acting professionally and is frequently trying to resolve things non-violently, partly to maintain professional detachment, and partly because he's not a murderer for hire and doesn't want to kill intelligent creatures or people unnecessarily. That said he's not always successful in this aim In the later books he's caught up in events where in the end professional detachment is impossible - rather like the games, really.

The novels do build up to a rather fantastic climax, so I'm looking forward to the adaptation. Not wholly sold on Cavill's casting, but in some ways the casting of the other roles may be as important anyway.

I like this. Cavill can do gruff but be handsome at the same time. The other guys fans wanted always struck me as too old (appearance-wise; I know in actuality Geralt IS old, but he doesn't look it).
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Idk how to feel about this exactly. I read an article about him talking about it, and the way he spoke made it seem like he was really about that life. But seeing how soon he was cast I can't tell if he already had it in the bag and was just talking about his recent studies or not.

But regardless, If he truly enjoys it then I have a new found respect for him. But I'm still not sold on him as an actor. Fallout was the dopest I've ever seen him, but even then, I need more to go on. Alos like someone else mentioned I prefered less conventionally attractive and lesser known of an actor. I don't want his fame getting in the way of the marketing...but then again maybe it'll help.

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    Idk how to feel about this exactly. I read an article about him talking about it, and the way he spoke made it seem like he was really about that life. But seeing how soon he was cast I can't tell if he already had it in the bag and was just talking about his recent studies or not.

But regardless, If he truly enjoys it then I have a new found respect for him. But I'm still not sold on him as an actor. Fallout was the dopest I've ever seen him, but even then, I need more to go on. Alos like someone else mentioned I prefered less conventionally attractive and lesser known of an actor. I don't want his fame getting in the way of the marketing...but then again maybe it'll help.
    According to the showrunner, Cavill was the first choice to play the role. It seems he auditioned 4 months ago..

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1037279672734806016

The showrunner again on Cavill's casting,

https://twitter.com/LHissrich/status...11765574086661

Excited for this in MI Canvill sold his fight scenes well. Like when he hit someone I'd wince. Outside of Superman I'm optamistic for him. Honestly I had no problems with him in Justice league other then the chi mouth being a little weird. Anyway I think Canvil will surprise people.

I haven't seen Immortals and it's been a while since I've seen Count of Monte Cristo, so I wonder how Cavill will work with the sword moves (At least in the games Geralt seems to have a sort of "Whirling" style.)

Technically this is the second Witcher TV show, there was a Polish TV show about a decade and a half ago. Low-budget, so while the costumes were OK, obviously the show was more limited with the monsters.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    According to the showrunner, Cavill was the first choice to play the role. It seems he auditioned 4 months ago..

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1037279672734806016
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    The showrunner again on Cavill's casting,

https://twitter.com/LHissrich/status...11765574086661
    Fair enough, I still have some concerns, but there is no point for me to bring them up any further. They'll turn into worries and then into conclusion jumping. Still prefered a lesser known though.

I want to see who they cast as Ciri and what age range their going for. My guess is that they'll show a bunch of flashbacks and flashforwards, so maybe 2-3 Ciri's between 10-23.

Yen is equally as important, and then Triss to a lesser extent.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

In case you have never seen it here is a fan made mock up BossLogic did of Cavil as Geralt.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    In case you have never seen it here is a fan made mock up BossLogic did of Cavil as Geralt.

Looks good, I'm more worried about the CGI. They have there work cut out for them.

Henry with a sword from "Immortals"

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BlueAcadem...bug-mobile.mp4

I think he looks rugged but still attractive here,

DmZdI-zVsAEj4Yg.jpg
    Last edited by stargazer01; 09-10-2018 at 08:45 PM.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Geralt will be a real test of his range. I liked the Tudors, but the role Cavill played didn't require much from him. He was basically a middle-ages frat bro. Geralt will require real nuance and dry, dry, dry wit. How he looks with a sword or in makeup won't matter nearly as much if he can't convey genuine world-weariness and bleak sarcasm. This is one of those roles where you have to go method.
    Last edited by Handsome men don't lose fights; 09-10-2018 at 10:34 PM.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."