Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    That chart is really interesting because it seems to imply a common thread in all of these. The connection to Bane with Batman, Nightwing, and Catwoman is clear, so it makes me wonder if this will hold true for the others on the graphic. We know that Red Hood will be appearing in Batman soon, so it will be easy enough for King to connect Bane there. And it may be possible that Bane is Robin's secret mentor in Teen Titans.
    We do? And how you explain Batgirl? And lol at Bane being Helena's father. Thank God Damian is in the clear.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    His son working with Bane would actually make for a pretty big gut-punch too.
    I think Bane will kill Bruce. No time travel, no amnesia, no back breaking. That's the gut punch.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It's a good breather issue and I liked the use of crazy quilt and the condiment king.
    The thing with Crazy Quilt was imo odd, origianlly he as a villain that had an extreme hatred for Robin (he blamed him for getting blinded again) so Dick should know who he is and whats is deal is. And wasn't he the guy who reattached Alfred's hand, that he lost in Endgame? So why is he a villain again?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Well-thought out theory, but I'd hate it. Catwoman having Helena from someone other than Bruce didn't work the first time around. No reason for me to think it would work the next time around. If you're not going to bring Helena Wayne into main continuity as the child of Selina and Bruce, then you don't bring Helena Wayne into the main continuity. You leave her to an alternate Earth be it Earth-2 or another one. Is it possible though? Yeah, I could see it.
    My mind would be blown if this theory came true in King's Batman run but I wouldn't put it past King to get this crazy considering he has claimed that he's taking Batman places he's never been before and that this is a wholly unique story. What I found really interesting about this theory was their point on why Selina fled to Villa Hermosa of all places. That wasn't just random, there's definitely a reason why Selina returned there and we all know it's not just a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    We do? And how you explain Batgirl? And lol at Bane being Helena's father. Thank God Damian is in the clear.
    Yea thankfully Damian is in the clear. Bane being Helena's father would blow my mind. We'll find out next week which of Selina's family members is showing up but if it's Helena I might have to take this theory more seriously.

BANNED

I think making Helena Bane's daughter would be absolutely ridiculous and I see no merit in the theory whatsoever. If it does happen then it'll be down to King doing what King wants for shock value.

This reminded how much I liked Dick Grayson as Robin and how I miss it.

I want more of this. Bruce and Dick.

I haven't enjoyed a BATMAN issue this much in quite a long time.

The fact that I'm hoping King doesn't do what this theory says already says something man.
    My favorite characters of all time are Bruce Wayne and Dracula.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I wonder what kind of coloring they were going for before it's replaced, but seeing the pages I feel like the line art will fit Robin Year One coloring better than the modern/digital/in-house look. Flat shading, maybe yellowish or sephia tone, old-school type of coloring.

The feeling I get now is like how they recolor Neal Adam's work in digital. Adams old school lineart doesn't really gel with the digital soft shading, and that's what this issue looks like to me.

Good, if not classic, issue. Would have been more interesting had there been an actual conflict and resolution rather than a bunch of reminiscing interspersed by punching of lame bad guys. But the overall message that Dick Grayson and Bruce Wayne have a very close bond was a good one. Alfred looked a little jealous to me.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Bane being Helena Wayne's father? Hard. Pass.

And this issue, while not bad, just didn't do it for me. Maybe because of the speech that is King's style clashing hard with Dick's character, or something. I get what King was trying for, but it fell short for me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    I think Bane will kill Bruce. No time travel, no amnesia, no back breaking. That's the gut punch.
    No way. Not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    No way. Not going to happen.
    And even if it did it would get undone by the next issue at the latest. But we already know how King’s run ends: With Bruce still alive and talking to Kite Man about the run’s events.

Utter rubbish. When will we get a story that is just that and not some over 'arty' rehash of other ideas. They're comics guys, just comics.

I enjoyed it even if I think King can't write Dick. Wagner's art was a treat, big improvement over the last few issues of Weeks.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-