Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

In 2011, Shatner released a documentary called The Captains, where he interviewed actors like Kate Mulgrew and Avery Brooks who played starship captains on the Star Trek series. Apparently, Shatner had asked Nimoy to make an appearance in the documentary. Nimoy refused. Despite that, Shatner's cameraman filmed Nimoy secretly during a convention appearance to include as footage without Nimoy's permission. There was never a final argument or blow out over it, but that seemed to have been the last straw. They never spoke again.
    https://www.thoughtco.com/leonard-ni...hatner-3987061

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by James T. Kirk View Post
    I am admittedly a huge William Shatner fan.

Having said that, it's quite clear he lacks any sense of awareness or sensitivity regarding others and their feelings. I remember reading a story once (don't know if it's true) that he had a bad falling out with DeForest Kelley because Kelley's chihuahua had died and Shatner made the comment to him that it wasn't a real dog anyway.

It's unfortunate. I don't think Shatner is a bad guy but who knows? Maybe I just have my Captain Kirk blinders on.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

I liked Shatner's performances. Kirk and Denny Crane are two of my favorite fictional characters ever. T.J. Hooker makes the list just for being the ultimate in ridiculous 80's Über-schlock. (TJ always had a car hood to slide over!)

But, as much as I admire his talent, I don't think I could ever like Shatner as a person. Everything you read about that guy says he just walks over people. A swinging dick like that doesn't care where it lands.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."