Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Has Shiro always been the Genre Savvy Guy that no one listens to? He said 2 times a few issues ago that Kang would betray them.

The situation must really be serious: Thor is bare-chested. This reminds me of the confrontation finally shown in Jurgens Thor The Reigning Arc where both Captain America and Thor were bare-chested with ripped clothing after fighting for hours, a most manly of confrontations, especially when Captain America was able to, briefly, fell Thor with a well-timed kick to the head.

I have no idea what Marvel intends to do with the art for the female Thor to show similar gravity to a battle ...

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    The situation must really be serious: Thor is bare-chested. This reminds me of the confrontation finally shown in Jurgens Thor The Reigning Arc where both Captain America and Thor were bare-chested with ripped clothing after fighting for hours, a most manly of confrontations, especially when Captain America was able to, briefly, fell Thor with a well-timed kick to the head.

I have no idea what Marvel intends to do with the art for the female Thor to show similar gravity to a battle ...
    Man... if they were to do that with the new Thor it would be called "fan service"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSlyfer View Post
    Simon is literally composed of pure ionic energy
    I agree with this. So again I ask, how is it that Rogue is now able to absorb his powers when she never could before?

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    I agree with this. So again I ask, how is it that Rogue is now able to absorb his powers when she never could before?
    Because it's comics, and she can. She absorbed some of his powers in issue 5, to Simon's surprise. To me it gives the impression that (outside of a writer's desires, obviously) some of these 'rules' for how powersets are used are based on the assumptions of the heroes. Therefore, some things previously thought impossible are possible, and surprised gasps are shared by all.

And sometimes powersets evolve.
    Last edited by tsaimelemoni; 07-24-2014 at 02:22 PM.

Don't mean to annoy, but I'm really not satisfied on how Remender decided to (literally) butcher the Celestials.
    They are supposed to be Gods among Gods. They make Odin and other Skyfathers look like flies.
    Last time they showed up the teamwork of Franklin Richards and freaking Galactus was required to defeat them.

And now its just Rogue and Sentry and some hastilly enchanted Plot Device?
    Still buggers me.

Remender had her do it in Uncanny Avengers #5 and then again last issue. Except in the last issue, Simon sorta merged into her and his energy signature was swimming in side her. Oh man is that creepy. Anyhoo, the only explanation given was she has been practicing.

UA #5:

UA #21:

Glad to see Thor survived, didn't think he was going to be put completely out of commission but going from that fight with Uriel it looked like he was going to come out of that stream looking like a shrivelled skeleton.

One thing I am not entirely sure about is the Sentry. I mean Wasp said he was going to be a big problem. But I can't see him taking centre stage next issue as Kang seems to be the big deal. Perhaps Sentry saves Thor and perhaps causes damage to the Earth trying to kill mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Don't mean to annoy, but I'm really not satisfied on how Remender decided to (literally) butcher the Celestials.
    They are supposed to be Gods among Gods. They make Odin and other Skyfathers look like flies.
    Last time they showed up the teamwork of Franklin Richards and freaking Galactus was required to defeat them.

And now its just Rogue and Sentry and some hastilly enchanted Plot Device?
    Still buggers me.
    Well Rogue is awesome and has an awesome power and Sentry is like ridiculously powered. They were only helping to slow down the celestial while Thor used his godkiller to try to stop him. By the looks of things it is not doing much good. So...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Haquim View Post
    Man... if they were to do that with the new Thor it would be called "fan service"
    The original version is still "fan service," just for the ladies. That aside, I agree with Kurolegacy on questioning Arno Stark/Iron Man 2020 being the only one of the heroes in Kang's group to openly express remorse for siding with Kang in the first place, however forced the circumstances were for all of them. Mostly I'm agreeing as a fan of Mayday/Spider-Girl in all her incarnations, including Earth X Venom here.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    Remender had her do it in Uncanny Avengers #5 and then again last issue. Except in the last issue, Simon sorta merged into her and his energy signature was swimming in side her. Oh man is that creepy. Anyhoo, the only explanation given was she has been practicing.

UA #5:

UA #21:
    Oh I know it was done, I'm just saying editorial should have stepped in and said no, she can't absorb from a non-physical being. It was a big point in AA#10, that they had to get Iron Man incapacitated and then wham, whoops she can't absorb Vision or Wondy either. I think it's bad writing. Her power set shouldn't be able to do it.

Spectacular Member Gladiator7117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post

UA #5:

UA #21:
    Someone pays attention at least

Oh I know it was done, I'm just saying editorial should have stepped in and said no, she can't absorb from a non-physical being. It was a big point in AA#10, that they had to get Iron Man incapacitated and then wham, whoops she can't absorb Vision or Wondy either. I think it's bad writing. Her power set shouldn't be able to do it.
    Maybe her original power set, but Rogue's DNA is ever-changing or adapting and she has gone through a lot of changes.

Let's See:

1. Melding of MM Powers
    2. Merging of Skrull girl powers which battles with the MM Kree DNA and makes Rogue have power recall.
    3. Loses her powers completely and then has them jump started by Sage in X-Treme to just absorption.
    4. Rogue perma-absorbs Sunfire
    5. Rogue gets strain 88 and absorbs Hecatomb and 8 billion aliens psyche's giving her a death touch.
    6. Rogue is once again reset to basic absorption by Baby Hope.
    8. Xavier helps give Rogue control over her powers in Legacy.

And there may be precedent set by Mike Carey in Legacy when Rogue absorbs Emplate in while she is in ghost form.

And then that water girl in UA #2, Rogue absorbed her water essence and made a link there.

Not sure what the science would be here and maybe these don't link up. But it kinda shows her changing how she grabs power. So ionic energy or any energy may now be something she can grab onto.
    Last edited by jen; 07-24-2014 at 03:31 PM.

She also absorbed Rachel's astral projection in Legacy, in order to get her memories and find where the Star Jammers were. She might be a latent energy absorber as well. Makes sense to me.

Been enjoying Uncanny Avengers a lot over the past few issues. The epic scale of this story has really done wonders. Even though it started slow, the payoff has been great. Seeing Rogue get so overpowered helped make the previous issue more than worth its price. I have no idea how a story this epic could possibly end on a more compelling note, but I'm always opened to being astonished.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.